Hungry After Eating And Other Symptoms

Combie

Kamran said:
When I'm hungry (and it's not my normal, nice feeling hungry i've gotten my entire life), yes I eat a lot of food. I am gaining weight, I weigh nearly 117 which is the most the scale has ever given me in my life (I've always been on the smaller side).

Trust me, it's not just eating more. If that was truly the problem, I would've already solved it. It was like my stomach started feeling emptier and my blood sugar felt all weird while eating. When I feel weird blood sugar wise, i tend to lose my appetite or just not feel as hungry. I felt a little nauseous too, like I my body didn't want food but I still felt really hungry.

When things are right, I get hungry too, but I also get full after eating a whole meal and I don't feel weak while I'm eating it and lose my appetite.

I'll keep watching my body in case so I can get more detail if it happens again. Thanks for the posts. Any other thoughts you may have would be appreciated.
Are you burping much?

OP
K

Kamran

That's a good question. I mean I think it happens sometimes after meals, but I don't recall in generally happening at any random time like it used to. Sometimes if I need to burp, it feels like it's caught it my throat and it feels weird but most of the time when I need to burp, I do.

I haven't really thought much about it, I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

kiran

"Sometimes drinking water helps me regain it, sometimes drinking OJ, sometimes piling on the salt and sugars helps, "

I wonder if it's your hydration status that varies. Both overhydration and dehydration are bad.

OP
K

Kamran

kiran said:
"Sometimes drinking water helps me regain it, sometimes drinking OJ, sometimes piling on the salt and sugars helps, "

I wonder if it's your hydration status that varies. Both overhydration and dehydration are bad.
It seems like it's related to hydration, but I'd say I feel more normal when my entire body is warmed up, and it's kinda strange making it stay like that. I'm hoping to get some thyroid from a doctor to hopefully alleviate these symptoms so I can get strong again.

OP
K

Kamran

I'd like to add that yes, I've learned first hand how bad dehydration can suck, and how easy it can be to overdo it.

kiran

Maybe you should get a refractometer to keep an eye on your hydration level. I figured out I was getting overhydrated, and that made me feel like crap.

OP
K

Kamran

Maybe, how do you tell when you're dehydrated or over hydrated with a refractometer?

kiran

You can measure the specific gravity of your urine in brix using a refractometer. I believe normal hydration should be between 2-7 brix. According to Matt Stone you really want to figure at what level of hydration you feel best.

You can convert brix to specific gravity using a table like this one: http://www.winning-homebrew.com/specifi ... -brix.html and look up the appropriate range for human urine from various sources.

Have you tried taking some coconut oil with each meal to keep blood sugar high?

dukez07

nwo2012 said:
RP mentions that he needs a quart of OJ to balance out the protein of just one egg. Sugar needs are very high when your thryoid is improved.

Not sure what you mean by this. RP takes in 120g per day from protein. He must be drinking a ***t load of OJ to balance it out. The protein in an egg isn't actually that high, in comparison to a quart of milk.

aquaman

kiran said:
You can measure the specific gravity of your urine in brix using a refractometer. I believe normal hydration should be between 2-7 brix. According to Matt Stone you really want to figure at what level of hydration you feel best.

This in interesting - seeing very little discussion about urine Brix anywhere.

tara

Not sure if these are relevant factors for you, but some things that make a difference for me are:

- Making sure to eat enough protein at least 3+ times a day (Peat suggests 80-100g/day if hypothyroid, possibly more otherwise). A large meal with little protein feels unsatisfying, and is less likely to give me sustaining energy. Too much protein without enough carbohydrates leaves me feeling stressed.

- Eating a good amount morning - noon. If I under-eat in the morning, nothing I eat in the afternoon quite lets me catch up. I assume I process food better earlier in the day.

- Check other nutrients. I've started supplementing B vitamins in the last couple of months, and I feel like I handle lots of juice etc better with these. Check potassium, magnesium intake, etc. I eat dates fairly often, but if I try to use them as a staple, I don't feel great. I'm not sure what it is, but I think they may have lower potassium:sugar ratio. I feel off if I go more than a couple of days without some greens and forget magnesium supplement.
Have you tried sticking your diet in cronometer to see if there are any glaring holes? Even if you seem to be just making their recommended nutrient levels, long under-eating may have set you up with some deficiencies that want filling. While you are at it, check how many calories you are actually eating. If you are recovering from chronic under-eating, eating a lot when you feel hungry may be exactly what your body is calling for.

- WRT hydration, I still get out of whack more often than I'd like. Much of my adult life I followed the advice to drink lots of water. I think I messed with my natural sense of thirst by overriding it too often. Since reading Peat I've switched to drinking mostly juice and milk (with a bit of coffee). I still can't reliably tell when I'm thirsty. Sometimes I accidentally drink too much because I'm hungry and juice or milk is at hand, or I eat more and drink too little, and feel bad until I work out that I should try some water. The most reliable way I can tell if I'm thirsty is to try drinking a little water. If I find my self enjoying it and gulping down 100-200 mls, then I guess I was thirsty. Other times I can take a sip or too and not want more. I guess I wasn't thirsty. I'm hoping to relearn this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals