My brain doesn’t function on sugar

B

BRBsavinWorld

Alright alright. I’ll try those out man. Thank you ?
?

Also, since you mention you eat a lot of meat, I’d strongly suggest slowly working up your gelatin consumption to 50% of total protein consumed… half the animal is 50% (Ray himself mentions this), and gelatin contains very anti-inflammatory proteins. I say start slow, because it can definitely take several weeks to build up enzymatic action. If I remember correctly, when you don’t properly digest the collagenous proteins, you produce ammonia, which is bad (also why you don’t want to go over 50%). I’d start around 25-30% of protein consumed.

As the gut strengthens after a month or more with these changes, try reincorporating small amounts of potatoes, and eventually the sourdough barn breads if they make that where you live.
You are Northern European, after all, lol.

EvanHinkle

That sounds like really bad endotoxemia.

Have you been eating carrot salad daily?

I’d start/continue there. Maybe adding a little oat bran to help flush bile faster (since you did keto, you may need to start slow, like 1/2 tablespoon of cooked oat bran).
Totally agree here from my own experience. I used activated charcoal as well to help with symptoms like this and it worked well for me. Your mileage may vary…

B

BRBsavinWorld

Totally agree here from my own experience. I used activated charcoal as well to help with symptoms like this and it worked well for me. Your mileage may vary…
totally! occasional Activated charcoal should definitely be added to the protocol. I used it with positive effect, too.

I should add tho, that anything carrying a fatty acid into the colon, should definitely be utilized (carrot salad carries olive oil). I avoided the carrot salad for the longest time (laziness), to my detriment.

OP
D

db9

So, just a fast update. This morning I took a activated charcoal supplement which is coconut based and a zinc supplement which I already had at home fortunately and I have to say after eating 2 portions of rice at lunch I haven’t felt any symptoms at all. I have drank 3 big cups of coffee as well which might be helping but it feels very positive. Thanks for the tips guys. I’m going to start incorporating the carrot salad again as well to see if it works as well ?

TheCodez

Well today was the ultimate proof yet again. After drinking a glass of apple juice I got tired and unmotivated as usual. I drank a protein shake this morning and felt asleep again and woke up with a lot of energy, euphoria and motivation for a couple of hours, until I drank some sugar and became lethargic. It’s not just juice it’s everything with carbs in it. I’ve been peating for a year and seen the best results from aspirin but I don’t know if sugar really has done anything positive for my health. I was doing keto before but with carbs usually at the end of the day. The reason I started keto and left it as well was because of carbs making me feel very lethargic which hasn’t become any better. Dopaminergic substances make this condition disappear. Adhd meds, Alcar and so on. I’m young, strong and muscular with pretty low body fat and get compliments on my physical appearance although I don’t strength train often.
I would really appreciate some help on this issue @haidut
I came to realize some time back that I couldn't handle anything with fructose (including sucrose). Glucose or starch was not a problem however. Eventually I came to realize that I'm copper deficient. Fructose is a sufficiently potent copper depleter that it's used in labs specifically for that purpose. Now that I'm supplementing copper, I can tolerate small amounts of fructose or sucrose and I hope to eventually be able to eat it without issue. I wish I had figured this out a decade ago.

jet9

I came to realize some time back that I couldn't handle anything with fructose (including sucrose). Glucose or starch was not a problem however. Eventually I came to realize that I'm copper deficient. Fructose is a sufficiently potent copper depleter that it's used in labs specifically for that purpose. Now that I'm supplementing copper, I can tolerate small amounts of fructose or sucrose and I hope to eventually be able to eat it without issue. I wish I had figured this out a decade ago.
TheCodez are you still getting be Idota from supplementing copper?

peter88

What were your main symptoms?