Insomnia / Waking Up From Hypoglycemia?

FitnessMike

once more an update on this.

after candida treatment for 3 weeks with max dose of nystatin my problems got a little bit better, but I was not happy, neither with my sleep nor my hunger control over the day.

I had my stool tested: no candida found, but too much e.coli. that was 2 weeks after I stopped taking mutaflor.

so now I tried something else: upping the carb intake about 30%, reducing protein and fat just a little bit, and eating more frequently over the day. I tried to avoid this at first because I was afraid of becoming insulin resistant. in fact I think I am insulin resistant to a certain extent at the moment due to cortisol excess in the past months. at the moment I can control my hunger only for 4-5 hours after eating a meal, no matter how much it was or how many carbs it contained. or else, if it is not insulin/blood sugar, there is something wrong with leptin. i dont really know.

but eating more often helps with my problems, eating more carbs in total helps even better. I've never eaten that much carbohydrates before. my bodyweight did not increase so far. I eat every kind of carbs that comes along: bread, rice, noodles, potatoes, sugar, fruit... you name it!

before bed, I consume the following: thyroid, progesterone and a thick slice of organic whole grain bread with butter and strawberry jam. this combination lets me fall asleep easily and in the past 2 weeks, I could sleep for 6-8 hours each night. but it is also a little strange that when I wake up after 4-5 hours for the first time, I am not hungry at all.
Hi mate, can you update us? also what thyroid supplement you take?, i got similar problem but its been two years already, im waiting for my thyroid results and my desicated thyroid supp, didint you have problems with eating sugar? i mean blood sugar dips#?

OP
C

chris1983

Hi mate, can you update us? also what thyroid supplement you take?, i got similar problem but its been two years already, im waiting for my thyroid results and my desicated thyroid supp, didint you have problems with eating sugar? i mean blood sugar dips#?

yes, sure. another update.

so part of my problems with sleeping and low blood sugar are solved now: I was simply overdosed with thyroid medication (i take novothyral btw). went down from 100mcg to 25-50 mcg now. my TSH went up a little bit to 2.5, but not too much. I feel better like that than with TSH < 1 under 100mcg.

so now I am able to sleep again most nights for like 5-6 hours, sometimes more. I still experience trouble sometimes falling asleep, but those are psychosomatic and stress related issues i guess. i am also very sensitive to noises when lying in bed, as I live pretty much in the city center. still occassionally use progesterone for sleeping.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals