Fiber Intolerance

EIRE24

Well that's kinda vague. For some people, having 2 packs of cigarettes, they feel great and appear to not have problems. In fact, there might not be apparent problems, but that doesn't mean it cant hurt you.
Even though, I kinda agree with you.
But are you saying, for instance (in Peat's world), if I feel well consuming PUFA, should I continue?

It is vague. I don't agree that if you feel well eating pufa you should continue but for some and myself included, I know that what I ate before discovering peats ideas and reccomendations I was in much better health and shape than I am in now. I guess you can take or leave what you want from it?

Parsifal

Carrot salad made my endotoxin much worse, as did potatoes and coconut products. Despite what some claim to be non problematic foods, for others they cause hell.

Btw, bread saved me, literally when I was having endotoxin induced panic attacks, bread, sugar and salt was all I could eat to calm it down. Now I eat a big amount of quality wheat and rye products as my only fiber, it's been wonderful and adds exactly what I need to turn meat, dairy and sugar into meals. It also supplies manganese, selenium and other b vits that I was missing from an all animal product and sugar/juice diet.
Same problem here. But wheat is a nightmare for me as well... I seem to only tolerate some fruits like peaches.

James_001

It is vague. I don't agree that if you feel well eating pufa you should continue but for some and myself included, I know that what I ate before discovering peats ideas and reccomendations I was in much better health and shape than I am in now. I guess you can take or leave what you want from it?

Why don't you just go back to that?

EIRE24

Why don't you just go back to that?

Yes, I have but I don't seem to do as well on it now. My skin is my biggest problem these days. Crazy acne, doesn't get better with vitamin A or zinc which are both suppose to help the most? I think I just screwed my system or gut to be honest

Ukall

I know that what I ate before discovering peats ideas and reccomendations I was in much better health and shape than I am in now.
I'm sorry to hear that... What were your radical changes when you adhered to Ray Peat's ideas?
I don't know your story, but did you start ingesting lots of supplements when you tried Ray Peat's ideas? Seriously, when I see people starting bulging those supplements (and, in my opinion, they not seem to know what they are doing) I find it really, really odd. It may force an imbalance in your body breaking its own homeostasis.
My skin is my biggest problem these days. Crazy acne, doesn't get better with vitamin A or zinc which are both suppose to help the most?
Regarding Acne, when you said that about Vitamin A, it seems that anyone has really success regarding it here on Peat's world. Deep inside, I kinda agreed with you.
In my opinion and from my experience, the Wai Diet is the answer. Read No More Cellulite, No More Acne, No More Overweight . I really hope it can give you, at least, some insights.
I think I just screwed my system or gut to be honest
Yeah... Sometimes I feel the same but regarding Intermittent Fasting. I am never hungry how I used to be before. No more gurgling noise from my stomach to eat. I am always afraid if I am eating (specially sugar) when I actually may not need. And continuing this way may lead to insulin resistance -> diabetes.

Last edited:

EIRE24

I'm sorry to hear that... What were your radical changes when you adhered to Ray Peat's ideas?
I don't know your story, but did you start ingesting lots of supplements when you tried Ray Peat's ideas? Seriously, when I see people starting bulging those supplements (and, in my opinion, they not seem to know what they are doing) I find it really, really odd. It may force an imbalance in your body breaking its own homeostasis.
Regarding Acne, when you said that about Vitamin A, it seems that anyone has really success regarding it here on Peat's world. Deep inside, I kinda agreed with you.
In my opinion and from my experience, the Wai Diet is the answer. Read No More Cellulite, No More Acne, No More Overweight . I really hope it can give you, at least, some insights.

Yeah... Sometimes I feel the same but regarding Intermittent Fasting. I am never hungry how I used to be before. No more gurgling noise from my stomach to eat. I am always afraid if I am eating (specially sugar) when I actually may not need. And continuing this way may lead to insulin resistance -> diabetes.

I am actually going to start doing a higher dose of vitamin A and see if it makes any difference? I am going to start at 50'000 IU.

That link you sent me is awesome. I thought it was going to be one of those general things about acne saying wash more, cleanse and use mosituriser but I think it is spot on. At least for me, the more I wash my face and try and treat it the worse the acne gets. When I leave it alone and only wash with water it gets better but does not completely stop. Thanks for the link

Ukall

That link you sent me is awesome. I thought it was going to be one of those general things about acne saying wash more, cleanse and use mosituriser but I think it is spot on. At least for me, the more I wash my face and try and treat it the worse the acne gets. When I leave it alone and only wash with water it gets better but does not completely stop. Thanks for the link
Hey, you're welcome! The person who created the diet wasn't playing around for sure :P
If you are curious, you can read other things he says about not only acne, but regarding other health conditions in his site.
You may or not agree, but I think you can learn a lot from it.

InChristAlone

@DaveFoster how long have you been taking the famotadine? I tried it for 4 days and was getting silent reflux by the end so I stopped and had major acid rebound that caused major adrenaline like surges for a whole day along with loose stool and gurgling and pain. I feel for you I have some similar issues that flare up if I go off my regular diet. I had a case of indigestion last night thatcaused racing heart all night and full blown diarrhea in the morning which I've never had a problem with before. I feel like ive gotten more sensitive to fiber every passing year. I also think histamine intolerance is at play which can inctease adrenaline which causes digestion problems. cypro does help.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster how long have you been taking the famotadine? I tried it for 4 days and was getting silent reflux by the end so I stopped and had major acid rebound that caused major adrenaline like surges for a whole day along with loose stool and gurgling and pain. I feel for you I have some similar issues that flare up if I go off my regular diet. I had a case of indigestion last night thatcaused racing heart all night and full blown diarrhea in the morning which I've never had a problem with before. I feel like ive gotten more sensitive to fiber every passing year. I also think histamine intolerance is at play which can inctease adrenaline which causes digestion problems. cypro does help.
Janelle, I think you and I have the same body chemistry; all of your posts that I read tend to apply to me as well. This makes me think that the problem is indeed a gut infection, and this is leading to excessive serotonin and all of its havoc.

I've been taking the famotidine for a couple weeks. I'll continue for one more, and then stop. I might taper by the sound of it. I'm doing it for a potential ulcer that I may have, but I have no clue at this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions for treating this problem? Antibiotics I don't have, but I might try. My doctor is scheduling a hydrogen breath test, and activated charcoal helps quite a bit.

I've taken 15 grams activated charcoal with no problem. I'm going to take around 35 grams and see how I feel. If this doesn't help, I'll bump it to 50 grams. Would doxycycline help in my case? I'm pretty desperate right now, I can't do my school work or focus on any task.

Last edited:

mangoes

I share literally all of your symptoms, I also get a lot of gurgling in my throat which I attribute to my laryngopharyngeal reflux. I saw a gastro, got a CT which showed inflammation of the walls of the terminal ileum and swollen lymph nodes, got a colonsocopy and it was "peachy clean." I then got sent on for an MRI which showed the same inflammation. Peat was the one who said it could be a bacterial problem showing up, which in turn could be causing the reflux. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to try and get tetracycline or erythromycine. Erythromycine interests me in particular because it supposedly acts like a hormone and stimulates small bowel peristaltic waves. I'm thinking of also trying the garlic protocol outlined in a thread about SIBO on here. I'll let you know how it goes once I've tried an antibiotic out.

Amazoniac has some really good posts on endotoxin, worth a look, otherwise, i would think tapering off the famotidine is a wise move... as is using low dose antibiotics and charcoal, and try ing to eat fiber as best you can, try different types, you gotta feed the good bacteria somehow.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I share literally all of your symptoms, I also get a lot of gurgling in my throat which I attribute to my laryngopharyngeal reflux. I saw a gastro, got a CT which showed inflammation of the walls of the terminal ileum and swollen lymph nodes, got a colonsocopy and it was "peachy clean." I then got sent on for an MRI which showed the same inflammation. Peat was the one who said it could be a bacterial problem showing up, which in turn could be causing the reflux. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to try and get tetracycline or erythromycine. Erythromycine interests me in particular because it supposedly acts like a hormone and stimulates small bowel peristaltic waves. I'm thinking of also trying the garlic protocol outlined in a thread about SIBO on here. I'll let you know how it goes once I've tried an antibiotic out.
Thanks for laying that out; please do let me know. I wish you the best.

Amazoniac has some really good posts on endotoxin, worth a look, otherwise, i would think tapering off the famotidine is a wise move... as is using low dose antibiotics and charcoal, and try ing to eat fiber as best you can, try different types, you gotta feed the good bacteria somehow.
I'll see if I can get some antibiotics. In the mean time, I'll look at Amazoniac's posts. I can't tolerate any fiber right now. Even juice is hard.

Antonello

To be honest guys I think our problems started with all this crazy supplements experiments that is going on here. I never had so many gut issue since DMSO, antibiotics, antiserotonin, vitamins and powders.
@DaveFoster can you update this thread on how is your diet right now? Have you resolved your issue? Thanks mate

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

To be honest guys I think our problems started with all this crazy supplements experiments that is going on here. I never had so many gut issue since DMSO, antibiotics, antiserotonin, vitamins and powders.
@DaveFoster can you update this thread on how is your diet right now? Have you resolved your issue? Thanks mate
I drink mostly milk and eat potatoes. I'll drink a liter of OJ every week.

My gut's fine. My tolerance to stress has improved, but my life stress has increased over the past several years. It doesn't really matter how "healthy" you are in the rat race of modern life. It's better to use substances under a doctor's supervision, as well as get regular labs. Of course, moving towards a fulfilling profession can reduce the need to use substances. Alcoholism has dominated human history, and, more recently, tobacco, coffee and even marijuana consumption has become widespread. There's nothing abnormal or pathological about substance use. Others use religion to cope as well, not to say that all four do not occur simultaneously.

The industrial revolution led to violent class warfare, the most severe of which appeared in the October Revolution and mass slaughter in the Soviet Union. In the U.S.S.R., nonconforming individuals, that is those deemed "anti-social" by the state, found themselves detained against their will in psychiatric prisons or prescribed tranquilizers. In the 1960s, drug culture and the "free love" movement represented the answer to the existential dilemma of modern industrial life: hedonism. Post-modernism, post-structuralism, existentialism and Albert Camus' absurdism all respond to and facilitate a shattering of identity, and each serves as another form of coping with the anomie of modern life. Whatever gets you through the day with a preservation of sanity should be a priority, and you shouldn't feel bound to an idea of how you should be. You can only be what you are and validate yourself as an organism responding to an anomic and accordingly harmful culture, one that places heavy demands on your body and mind.

Last edited:

Antonello

I drink mostly milk and eat potatoes. I'll drink a liter of OJ every week.

My gut's fine. My tolerance to stress has improved, but my life stress has increased over the past several years. It doesn't really matter how "healthy" you are in the rat race of modern life. It's better to use substances under a doctor's supervision, as well as get regular labs. Of course, moving towards a fulfilling profession can reduce the need to use substances. Alcoholism has dominated human history, and, more recently, tobacco, coffee and even marijuana consumption has become widespread. There's nothing abnormal or pathological about substance use. Others use religion to cope as well, not to say that all four do not occur simultaneously.

The industrial revolution led to violent class warfare, the most severe of which appeared in the October Revolution and mass slaughter in the Soviet Union. In the U.S.S.R., nonconforming individuals, that is those deemed "anti-social" by the state, found themselves detained against their will in psychiatric prisons or prescribed tranquilizers. In the 1960s, drug culture and the "free love" movement represented the answer to the existential dilemma of modern industrial life: hedonism. Post-modernism, post-structuralism, existentialism and Albert Camus' absurdism all respond to and facilitate a shattering of identity, and each serves as another form of coping with the anomie of modern life. Whatever gets you through the day with a preservation of sanity should be a priority, and you shouldn't feel bound to an idea of how you should be. You can only be what you are and validate yourself as an organism responding to an anomic and accordingly harmful culture, one that places heavy demands on your body and mind.
What about your fiber intolerance?

BigChad

FWIW I've found D3 supps give me immunodeficiency symptoms which is an effect that is consistent with some studies on pubmed.

Specifically, high d3 gave me serious spleen pain. I'll probably never use it again

Unfortunately, I couldn't decipher the mechanism (help me smart ppl!) but it is an effect only associated with supplemental d3.

Maybe it is a factor in your problem.

D3 supps weaken immunity? What dosage were you taking

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals