Tests To Determine If You Have SIBO And Other Gut Issues?

Josh

I've had bloating/lots of fatigue/skin issues like eczema etc/gas/issues when taking probiotics and raw milk etc/bad sleep etc for a while now and it looks like i could have SIBO (probably obvious a while ago but i've kind of put it to the back of my mind..)

So i'm looking to do a SIBO breath test for hydrogen and methane.. It involves drinking Lactulose i believe, is that safe and okay?.. SIBO Breath Test 3 Hours | Order Online | TrueHealthLabs.com ??

1: Is it reliable to do the SIBO breath test and is it worth it?
2: Is there any other sort of gut tests i should ask my doc about to help know more about my gut?

(I did have a stool test last year from the NHS but when i ask for the results they say it's nothing specific, they literally say: 'the test on your stool looked for the DNA of bacteria and viruses that we would expect to cause diarrhoea and the presence of parasites, or their eggs and cysts', 'from May showed no evidence of any bacteria, virus or parasite that could explain your findings.')

(I'm in the uk and attempting to get it from NHS, if i cant, can anyone recommend a reliable SIbo breath test supplier here?)

Sam321

I've had bloating/lots of fatigue/skin issues like eczema etc/gas/issues when taking probiotics and raw milk etc/bad sleep etc for a while now and it looks like i could have SIBO (probably obvious a while ago but i've kind of put it to the back of my mind..)

So i'm looking to do a SIBO breath test for hydrogen and methane.. It involves drinking Lactulose i believe, is that safe and okay?.. SIBO Breath Test 3 Hours | Order Online | TrueHealthLabs.com ??

2: Is there any other sort of gut tests i should ask my doc about to help know more about my gut?

(I did have a stool test last year from the NHS but when i ask for the results they say it's nothing specific, they literally say: 'the test on your stool looked for the DNA of bacteria and viruses that we would expect to cause diarrhoea and the presence of parasites, or their eggs and cysts', 'from May showed no evidence of any bacteria, virus or parasite that could explain your findings.')

(I'm in the uk and attempting to get it from NHS, if i cant, can anyone recommend a reliable SIbo breath test supplier here?)
Bump

Papteo

I'd go for Genova diagnostic or Doctors data( a bit cheaper) -comprehensive stool analysis £350 or £400ish if Hpylory tested as well. It think it has to be requested by a practitioner (Naturopath, Herbalist etc).

Hope it might help
Good luck!

Sam321

I'd go for Genova diagnostic or Doctors data( a bit cheaper) -comprehensive stool analysis £350 or £400ish if Hpylory tested as well. It think it has to be requested by a practitioner (Naturopath, Herbalist etc).

Hope it might help
Good luck!
20210219_095138.jpg
20210219_095122.jpg

Is it the same as this? I had this test done on my stool sample.
20210219_094414.jpg

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

A D-lactate test might be a good idea. Most lactic acid tests only test for L-lactate, which won't tell you anything. Must specify D-lactate (D-lactic acid) test.

Urine tests showed very high levels of D-lactate, an indicator of overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine