Digestion And Lung Issues

brentipold

I have been dealing with a malady of problems that I've developed over the past 6 months or so. Unsure as to why, but it's either from overworking for 8+ months, or from exposure to mold from a dirty office building.

Some of the biggest issues I now face are hypersensitity to any kind of fume, smell, dust, particle, cat or dog, that I come accross. When im exposed to a lot of these allergies, my eyes will get inflammed, and I will develop like a dark tint under my eyes, it's weird. If I come accross enough of an allergen, it will give me such bad anxiety, I can't even sleep at night. I simply won't be able to fall asleep, i'll just toss and turn all night. I have two cats also.

Another thing I'm experiencing is anytime I come accross any kind of allergen, even though I'm breathing it, my gut will get put into a spin, and I have an uneasiness feeling or pressure in my lower abdomen, below my belly button. I went to my job site, and it was dusty in there from drywall, and that gave me the said symptom above. Even when I'm fairly sure i'm not exposed to an allergen, I will get that feeling now in really stressful situations..

One thing I noticed is that when I'm exposed to these things, sometimes the next day my stool will be yellow, that is alarming to me. IDK if it something to truly worry about, but i've made note of it.

Another issue i've devleoped is post nasal drip, possibly a low level of bronchitis (no fever), low level asthma, where I just have a build up of mucus kind of above my chest, but at the base of my throat. Whenever these symptoms are present, that day I will kind of feel like I'm living in space, my head is just kind of fuzzy. I rarely have a sense of smell, unless it's something that'll make me sick, which is ridiculous. The post nasal drip is interesting, because it's always clear when I do a neti-pot, it never is all white and stringy like typical mucus would be.

Obviously I have chest tightness, and some very mild pain from time to time, but more so the tightness. It hasn't happened lately, but I would also wake up in middle of the night with a mild panic attack. Heartrate wasn't high, but I felt very stressed, maybe hyperventilation, I'm not really sure.

I dont believe I'm a mouth breather, but what I have caught myself doing is holding my breath a lot. IDK what to make of that.

All of these symptoms were even worse when I stopped supplementing salt. They have since become better since I've made sure to get enough each day.

I've tried cyproheptadine on and off, usually when i get exposed to something, but I haven't seen incredible results from it. Even though it really seems like I'd have a histamine problem, with all the allergies I've developed.

I've recently started small amounts of t3, which have improved my hair, which is nice, but not the allergies as of yet, but it's been less then a week.

I probably don't eat enough calories, but I do eat mostly strict peat.

Basically I'm most concerned about the stomach, and lung/sinus issues I've mentioned above, and would like to get some opinions on what I should do to address these? Especially with the gassy bloat feeling I get from even breathing air borne toxins.

I have considered giving an antibiotic a try, but wanted to get ya'lls take on it. Mainly because of the sysmptom wide inflammation I'm experiencing.

Regina

I have been dealing with a malady of problems that I've developed over the past 6 months or so. Unsure as to why, but it's either from overworking for 8+ months, or from exposure to mold from a dirty office building.

Some of the biggest issues I now face are hypersensitity to any kind of fume, smell, dust, particle, cat or dog, that I come accross. When im exposed to a lot of these allergies, my eyes will get inflammed, and I will develop like a dark tint under my eyes, it's weird. If I come accross enough of an allergen, it will give me such bad anxiety, I can't even sleep at night. I simply won't be able to fall asleep, i'll just toss and turn all night. I have two cats also.

Another thing I'm experiencing is anytime I come accross any kind of allergen, even though I'm breathing it, my gut will get put into a spin, and I have an uneasiness feeling or pressure in my lower abdomen, below my belly button. I went to my job site, and it was dusty in there from drywall, and that gave me the said symptom above. Even when I'm fairly sure i'm not exposed to an allergen, I will get that feeling now in really stressful situations..

One thing I noticed is that when I'm exposed to these things, sometimes the next day my stool will be yellow, that is alarming to me. IDK if it something to truly worry about, but i've made note of it.

Another issue i've devleoped is post nasal drip, possibly a low level of bronchitis (no fever), low level asthma, where I just have a build up of mucus kind of above my chest, but at the base of my throat. Whenever these symptoms are present, that day I will kind of feel like I'm living in space, my head is just kind of fuzzy. I rarely have a sense of smell, unless it's something that'll make me sick, which is ridiculous. The post nasal drip is interesting, because it's always clear when I do a neti-pot, it never is all white and stringy like typical mucus would be.

Obviously I have chest tightness, and some very mild pain from time to time, but more so the tightness. It hasn't happened lately, but I would also wake up in middle of the night with a mild panic attack. Heartrate wasn't high, but I felt very stressed, maybe hyperventilation, I'm not really sure.

I dont believe I'm a mouth breather, but what I have caught myself doing is holding my breath a lot. IDK what to make of that.

All of these symptoms were even worse when I stopped supplementing salt. They have since become better since I've made sure to get enough each day.

I've tried cyproheptadine on and off, usually when i get exposed to something, but I haven't seen incredible results from it. Even though it really seems like I'd have a histamine problem, with all the allergies I've developed.

I've recently started small amounts of t3, which have improved my hair, which is nice, but not the allergies as of yet, but it's been less then a week.

I probably don't eat enough calories, but I do eat mostly strict peat.

Basically I'm most concerned about the stomach, and lung/sinus issues I've mentioned above, and would like to get some opinions on what I should do to address these? Especially with the gassy bloat feeling I get from even breathing air borne toxins.

I have considered giving an antibiotic a try, but wanted to get ya'lls take on it. Mainly because of the sysmptom wide inflammation I'm experiencing.
I am similar with low level chest thing and on/off IBS-d. Cypro helps as does lisuride and vitamin E. I've tried minocycline but am already super low iron. Methylene Blue is really good.
Following. I hope we can figure this out.

OP
B

brentipold

I am similar with low level chest thing and on/off IBS-d. Cypro helps as does lisuride and vitamin E. I've tried minocycline but am already super low iron. Methylene Blue is really good.
Following. I hope we can figure this out.

I have both MB, and lisuride, perhaps I should consider trying them.

Vinero

What supplements do you take? I have had some similar issues after supplementing l-lysine for months on end.

OP
B

brentipold

What supplements do you take? I have had some similar issues after supplementing l-lysine for months on end.

I've been taking small amounts of t3 3x a day, usually 1-2mg dose. I usually take anywhere from 2-4mg of k2, and I sometimes take Vitamin E. I've taken a few other things periodically, like MG, preg, and some topical D, but that is it for the most part.

Lore

@brentipold,
Speaking from some experience, (& backed by research) I too have/had allergies, hyperventilation, anxiety, sinus issues, gut issues, etc. I'm sure others will respond soon, in the meantime, you have a lot of issues that relate to carbon dioxide (CO2). May I recommend Normal Breathing, Buteyko site for a place to start. Ray Pete has a lot of issues on CO2 also, one that comes to mind is "Altitude and Mortality."

I have come to know, CO2 is a major fact to consider in our healing process. Also, it is common to have gut & respiratory issues at the same time, even TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) works with them together in healing.

Regina

@brentipold,
Speaking from some experience, (& backed by research) I too have/had allergies, hyperventilation, anxiety, sinus issues, gut issues, etc. I'm sure others will respond soon, in the meantime, you have a lot of issues that relate to carbon dioxide (CO2). May I recommend Normal Breathing, Buteyko site for a place to start. Ray Pete has a lot of issues on CO2 also, one that comes to mind is "Altitude and Mortality."

I have come to know, CO2 is a major fact to consider in our healing process. Also, it is common to have gut & respiratory issues at the same time, even TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) works with them together in healing.
Yes. I think I have something of a "crabtree effect". I don't feel lactic acid in my muscles during or after training. Also, I don't mouth-breathe at all while training. If I get air-hunger (often), I still inhale through the nose. The breathing techniques are similar in the zen training side of things. I think I am still somewhat insulin resistant as a result of previous over-training and low carb, in conjunction with a few shockers (nasty people) to my system.
I think that since Peating, it is possible that this is me. Not a whole lot of energy without stress hormones.
I'll add more thiamine and biotin and see how that goes.

OP
B

brentipold

Yes. I think I have something of a "crabtree effect". I don't feel lactic acid in my muscles during or after training. Also, I don't mouth-breathe at all while training. If I get air-hunger (often), I still inhale through the nose. The breathing techniques are similar in the zen training side of things. I think I am still somewhat insulin resistant as a result of previous over-training and low carb, in conjunction with a few shockers (nasty people) to my system.
I think that since Peating, it is possible that this is me. Not a whole lot of energy without stress hormones.
I'll add more thiamine and biotin and see how that goes.

Same, I never catch myself mouth breathing. I just catch myself kind of "not breathing at all".. Isn't Butekyo breathing less, and through the stomach? That is one thing that I do catch myself doing, is breathing through the chest, not the stomach.

OP
B

brentipold

I did the Buteyko exercise that the gentlemen in this video describes and I only got to about 45 or so, indicating you would have asthmatic issues and allergies issues, which I certainly do.

Do you think this exercise is valid?

Lore

I did the Buteyko exercise that the gentlemen in this video describe and I only got to about 45 or so, indicating you would have asthmatic issues and allergies issues, which I certainly do.

Do you think this exercise is valid?

Yes, these exercises do work, keep going. I highly recommend the Buteyko methods.

This person was probably a student. You may want to study under a Professional, they tell you all the important details. One of the International Instructors is Patrick McKeowen with Buteyko Clinic International. I purchased this DVD set for about $50 USA and he walks you through the procedure, well worth it. His website offers Skype one-on-one and many other coaching & self-help resources. Patrick is also on Youtube. And there is also Normal Breathing's website with a lot of detail and also a professional.

managing

To me this begs for Defibron taken orally. Cured my asthma and improved digestion. Just be sure to go on and off it gradually when you do, as it will disrupt intestinal flora.

Perhaps beforehand, a few weeks of a Bacteriophage would be advisable. Many of the bacteria they target will be releated. I have taken Andrew Arthur bacteriophage with good success.

The GI and lungs are very closely connected. This starts in the gut, not the lungs, IMHO.

alywest

You say eating mostly strict peat, but are you watching every ingredient that goes in your food and on your body? Just be really careful about carrageenan, any sorbate but especially potassium sorbate (even in the waxy coating on fruit), citric acid (made from black mold), sulfites (aren't necessarily disclosed on labels), nitrites, etc. Also you may want to consider seriously cutting down on fibers besides the raw carrot, cooked mushroom and bamboo shoots plus the fruits. Don't even let a stray piece of orange pulp go down your throat, lol. Coconut meat is allergenic to many people, bananas, etc. I have found that eliminating all of these things has helped with my allergies a lot. If I accidentally eat something containing one of the additives I mentioned I have had all kinds of reactions from migraines to hives.

EIRE24

To me this begs for Defibron taken orally. Cured my asthma and improved digestion. Just be sure to go on and off it gradually when you do, as it will disrupt intestinal flora.

Perhaps beforehand, a few weeks of a Bacteriophage would be advisable. Many of the bacteria they target will be releated. I have taken Andrew Arthur bacteriophage with good success.

The GI and lungs are very closely connected. This starts in the gut, not the lungs, IMHO.
Have you ever tried a proper abx?

managing

Bacteriophage are an alternative to antibiotics advocated by none other than RP himself. I have considered it. Its the repopulation of the intestine that I am concerned with. What is to stop virulent strains from recolonizing even more strongly? THis is a questionwith bacteriophages as well, but the scope is more limited.

EIRE24

Bacteriophage are an alternative to antibiotics advocated by none other than RP himself. I have considered it. Its the repopulation of the intestine that I am concerned with. What is to stop virulent strains from recolonizing even more strongly? THis is a questionwith bacteriophages as well, but the scope is more limited.
Yes. Also my concern. You hit the nail square on the head.

alywest

Do you think the same could be accomplished by pretty much limiting fiber to carrots and some fruit and eliminating starches? According to a study on reducing LPS in autistic people, they found the only thing that worked long term was to completely eliminate starch and even anything greater than a monosaccharide. I think that knowing what I do about RP I would eliminate the starches/starchy fibers but still consume lactose, knowing that the small intestine can for the most part digest the lactose, however, if SIBO exists then lactose might even be feeding the bacteria in the small intestine. In the study with autistic people they were unable to maintain the results of lower LPS with antibiotics alone. It had to be starved out.

"The majority of the research articles involve mice or humans displaying symptoms of toxemia after being given an injection of LPS. Another method to assess the important influence of bacterial toxins is to observe the changes in ASD children after removal of the neurotoxin-producing bacteria. Both Vancomycin and the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) are treatments for removal of bacteria. Both treatments produce a decrease in the symptoms of ASD. However, the changes from vancomycin were only short term because the bacteria develop a resistance to the medication. Changes from SCD diet are more powerful because they are long lasting. Even adults with ASD who live in group homes have been shown to lose many of their symptoms after being on the diet. SCD now also eliminates beans during the early months of the diet and encourages parents to only use beans later provided there are no adverse reactions." http://www.microbialinfluence.com/ASD.html

Dave Clark

If you have dental amalgams, suspect mercury toxicity, the un-respected culprit behind many of the symptoms you talk about. If I were a physician, the first thing I would do when a patient came to me with problems is have him/her open their mouth, any amalgams and I would probably be half way to a diagnosis.

managing

Do you think the same could be accomplished by pretty much limiting fiber to carrots and some fruit and eliminating starches? According to a study on reducing LPS in autistic people, they found the only thing that worked long term was to completely eliminate starch and even anything greater than a monosaccharide. I think that knowing what I do about RP I would eliminate the starches/starchy fibers but still consume lactose, knowing that the small intestine can for the most part digest the lactose, however, if SIBO exists then lactose might even be feeding the bacteria in the small intestine. In the study with autistic people they were unable to maintain the results of lower LPS with antibiotics alone. It had to be starved out.

"The majority of the research articles involve mice or humans displaying symptoms of toxemia after being given an injection of LPS. Another method to assess the important influence of bacterial toxins is to observe the changes in ASD children after removal of the neurotoxin-producing bacteria. Both Vancomycin and the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) are treatments for removal of bacteria. Both treatments produce a decrease in the symptoms of ASD. However, the changes from vancomycin were only short term because the bacteria develop a resistance to the medication. Changes from SCD diet are more powerful because they are long lasting. Even adults with ASD who live in group homes have been shown to lose many of their symptoms after being on the diet. SCD now also eliminates beans during the early months of the diet and encourages parents to only use beans later provided there are no adverse reactions." LPS and Autism
I am not as against starch as some are. Clearly it can be fermented by the wrong microbes, but I would favor getting rid of those microbes over avoiding starch. As for carrots, unfortunately, I am allergic to raw carrots.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals