Shortness of breath and chest pain from too much b1?

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
Some good news:
I tolerate Magnesium Oxide! Im happy about that. I've never tried it because of the hubermans in this world but i feel good.

I take yesterday 250mg and was going to bed around midnight. I had attacks till 3:30 but from this time i slept really deep till 8. And i could sleep more if my mind wouldnt go in some rumination about "when will my neighboor make the first noises" (ptsd is a b****).

But this are good news. I feel also a bit hungry this morning. This is also not normal for me.

Happy bounce!

edit: i also ordered this:
1693125105433.png

that capsules have 25mg of p5p

Last edited:
OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
Update:
Yesterday I tried a higher dose of Magnesium Oxide. I took 250mg in the morning and 250mg in the evening before going to bed.

I almost did not sleep. I kept waking up with anxious feelings in my chest and the rest of my body all night.

However, I do not blame the magnesium. I could literally feel the magnesium counteracting when I woke up. It was as if some part of me felt endangered by the parasympathetic response of my nervous system.

I want to sleep normally again.

Edit: my digestion was great đź‘Ť

Last edited:
OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
In the B6 capsules is a content of 30mg (even if it says 25mg).

I would start with 10mg. Do you think that is okay @Beatrix_ ?

Honestly, I am a little afraid to take it, because some had strong side effects on the internet.

Beatrix_

In the B6 capsules is a content of 30mg (even if it says 25mg).

I would start with 10mg. Do you think that is okay @Beatrix_ ?

Honestly, I am a little afraid to take it, because some had strong side effects on the internet.
Take as little as possible and only increase if you have a positive effect.

PeterSN

Dear guys,

two years ago I started taking b1. I started with 100mg hcl and immediately had good changes in digestion. I took it regularly for a while and then on and off.

Since a few months I was psychologically worse and worse and thus I increased the intake to daily 250-500mg (at this time I took it but already almost two years continuously). Because i read all the good articles about ptsd and something. I taked it most of the time with sango coral powder (about 300mg mag and 600mg Calcium). I didnt supplement pottasium tbh but drank oj.

Four weeks ago I started waking up every night with shortness of breath, waking up and having a very strange feeling in my body plus tightness and pressure in my chest. I assumed it was psychological. I practiced buteyko, but nothing helped.

I paused the b1 intake for a day. I still had sleep problems but it was not as bad.

One day later (four days ago today) I took 500mg and felt really weird all day. Dry mouth, completely exhausted. At night I had such severe shortness of breath that I had to call the ambulance. But somehow it was clear to me that it must be the b1. And today by chance I also found a thread here from someone who also got chest tightness and other from b1.

So I haven't taken b1 for the last three days, but still slept poorly and woke up at night.

Is there any way to drain excess b1 (if there is such a thing) out of the body? I don't think it has been good for me.

Looking forward to answers
I also took alot of b1 like 2 years ago, I wanted it for my lmy heart palpitations, I thought it would cure them. After taking it for 2 months, I was in a really bad way, it hought I was going to die, because o couldn't breathe and my heart was going crazy, fast forward to today, and I still have all of those symptoms with multiple trips to the hospital and doctor, nothing has been found as an issue within me, so they have blamed it on my head.

The thing that I didn't realise is that benfotiamine is fat soluble, that's the form that I took, I rginkt hats why it messed me up? Idk

Sherbert

I also took alot of b1 like 2 years ago, I wanted it for my lmy heart palpitations, I thought it would cure them. After taking it for 2 months, I was in a really bad way, it hought I was going to die, because o couldn't breathe and my heart was going crazy, fast forward to today, and I still have all of those symptoms with multiple trips to the hospital and doctor, nothing has been found as an issue within me, so they have blamed it on my head.

The thing that I didn't realise is that benfotiamine is fat soluble, that's the form that I took, I rginkt hats why it messed me up? Idk
or maybe not.. eg, Impaired Thiamine Metabolism in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Its Potential Treatment With Benfotiamine: A Case Report and a Review of the Literature "Benfotiamine, a safe, lipid-soluble, highly absorbable thiamine analogue, significantly raises free thiamine, TMP, and TPP levels in the blood"
published just two months ago and discussed on this forum here: https://raypeatforum.com/community/...eat-amyotrophic-lateral-sclerosis-als.50726/a

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
@Beatrix_ what about potassium? I read some articles about sleep and anxiety and the link to potassium deficincy. I also read that you should not supplement it. But after i taking thiamine for so long without potassium, i could try everyday around 400mg or so.

What you think?

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
I have a lab appointment tomorrow for blood work.

I will definitely get tested:
- Potassium
- Magnesium
- Reverse t3 (was way too high last time)
- B vitamins (if that is possible at all)
- Zinc
- Ferritin
- Cortisol

Anything else?

PeterSN

- Potassium
- Magnesium
- Zinc
- Ferritin
- Cortisol

Anything else?
Total cholesterol plz:)

PeterSN

- Potassium
- Magnesium
- Zinc
- Ferritin
- Cortisol

Anything else?
And monocytes if possible

Beatrix_

@Beatrix_ what about potassium? I read some articles about sleep and anxiety and the link to potassium deficincy. I also read that you should not supplement it. But after i taking thiamine for so long without potassium, i could try everyday around 400mg or so.

What you think?
Sorry, I don't know. It takes a lot of experimentation to find what works for ourselves. My motto is "start low and go slow". If it feels uncomfortable, stop.
Anything else?
Testing minerals in blood or serum never showed me anything. Once I tested Mg in urine and it was very revealing, considering that serum levels were unchanged. If you are testing Mg and K then also test Na. If testing Zn then also test Cu. If testing RT3 then also test Se.

youngsinatra

Magnesium RBC or erythrocytes can be a good marker of magnesium status, but I haven’t been able to get it in Germany. Serum magnesium is a relatively weak biomarker in my opinion.

The few times I got into the ER, it often showed borderline low potassium. So I think it’s useful to test it. Things that burn through a lot of potassium reliably cause a crash for me -> things like vitamin D, B12, magnesium and B1 above RDA levels.

Beatrix_

Magnesium RBC or erythrocytes can be a good marker of magnesium status, but I haven’t been able to get it in Germany. Serum magnesium is a relatively weak biomarker in my opinion.
In the past I tested Mg in serum, RBC and urine and the latter was the most revealing because it was very low below range, while the others were in range.7

The few times I got into the ER, it often showed borderline low potassium. So I think it’s useful to test it. Things that burn through a lot of potassium reliably cause a crash for me -> things like vitamin D, B12, magnesium and B1 above RDA levels.
In that case I think that getting Na, K and Mg in the same test can give a better understanding of a given situation.

youngsinatra

In the past I tested Mg in serum, RBC and urine and the latter was the most revealing because it was very low below range, while the others were in range.7

In that case I think that getting Na, K and Mg in the same test can give a better understanding of a given situation.
Yeah, in the ER they usually test Na, K, Mg and Ca in the serum. Mg and Ca were always in the middle of the normal range. Na at the high end, K at the low end for me personally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals