Shortness of breath and chest pain from too much b1?

Peater

„Molybdenum deficiency resulting in decreased activity of sulfite oxidase and sulfite toxicity occurred in a patient receiving long-term total parenteral nutrition. Symptoms were tachycardia, tachypnea, headache, nausea, vomiting, and coma.“

Tachypnea is quick, shallow breathing. This makes you feel like you’re not getting enough air.“

I take a liquid supplement from BioCare. One drop is the recommended dose and that's all I take. Less is more with this, I think.

Beatrix_

„Molybdenum deficiency resulting in decreased activity of sulfite oxidase and sulfite toxicity occurred in a patient receiving long-term total parenteral nutrition. Symptoms were tachycardia, tachypnea, headache, nausea, vomiting, and coma.“

Tachypnea is quick, shallow breathing. This makes you feel like you’re not getting enough air.“
Excellent!
First i want to get magnesium on a normal level.

But even this bit of mag glycinate last evenings gives me strong headaches today...
Stop taking it, it is depleting methyl groups. B6 will need methyl groups to work. Try Milk of Magnesia or Magnesium Oxide.

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
Excellent!

Stop taking it, it is depleting methyl groups. B6 will need methyl groups to work. Try Milk of Magnesia or Magnesium Oxide.
Dear Beatrix. Thanks for helping me.

But in my mag complex is B6 also in:

AmandaWald

You might have depleted your magnesium and potassium stores.
Agreed, I think this happens a lot when people take supplements that boost the metabolism, it seems to happen with progesterone, too, for some women.

Beatrix_

Dear Beatrix. Thanks for helping me.

But in my mag complex is B6 also in:

Vitamin B60,2 mg15 %
I see it is in activated form "Pyridoxal-5-Phosphat" but it's a very low dose. I would suggest about 2 mg daily (two milligrams). Other than that, perhaps a low-dose B complex in activated form.

dfspcc20

Yes my friend. Around 2 cups a day.

If none of the other suggestions in this thread pan out, you might want to try dropping coffee for a few days or a week to see if that improves your symptoms.

Beatrix_

Have you checked your blood sugar levels? Could you be having low blood sugar from too much B1? It could be causing metabolic acidosis, even worse if taken in hydrochloride form, very acidifying.

You could try a foot bath with sodium bicarbonate, if it gives you relief then it is a strong possibility of an incipient metabolic acidosis.

Metabolic acidosis symptoms

Some of the common symptoms of metabolic acidosis include the following:

rapid and shallow breathing
confusion
fatigue
headache
sleepiness
lack of appetite
jaundice
increased heart rate
breath that smells fruity, which is a sign of diabetic acidosis (ketoacidosis)

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
Have you checked your blood sugar levels? Could you be having low blood sugar from too much B1? It could be causing metabolic acidosis, even worse if taken in hydrochloride form, very acidifying.

You could try a foot bath with sodium bicarbonate, if it gives you relief then it is a strong possibility of an incipient metabolic acidosis.

Metabolic acidosis symptoms

Some of the common symptoms of metabolic acidosis include the following:

rapid and shallow breathing
confusion
fatigue
headache
sleepiness
lack of appetite
jaundice
increased heart rate
breath that smells fruity, which is a sign of diabetic acidosis (ketoacidosis)
Dear Beatrix, sorry i dont have the tools to test my blood sugar levels.

The last time i had b1 is about 5 days ago. I still have terrible nights (at the day everything is fine).

Yesterday i tried mag citrate which gave me also a weird vibe.

Tbh Friends, i think it's a overactive nervous system stucked in sympathetic response. Everytime i do a TRE Session my body goes crazy. There is so much Energy that i never let go.

ddjd

Dear guys,

two years ago I started taking b1. I started with 100mg hcl and immediately had good changes in digestion. I took it regularly for a while and then on and off.

Since a few months I was psychologically worse and worse and thus I increased the intake to daily 250-500mg (at this time I took it but already almost two years continuously). Because i read all the good articles about ptsd and something. I taked it most of the time with sango coral powder (about 300mg mag and 600mg Calcium). I didnt supplement pottasium tbh but drank oj.

Four weeks ago I started waking up every night with shortness of breath, waking up and having a very strange feeling in my body plus tightness and pressure in my chest. I assumed it was psychological. I practiced buteyko, but nothing helped.

I paused the b1 intake for a day. I still had sleep problems but it was not as bad.

One day later (four days ago today) I took 500mg and felt really weird all day. Dry mouth, completely exhausted. At night I had such severe shortness of breath that I had to call the ambulance. But somehow it was clear to me that it must be the b1. And today by chance I also found a thread here from someone who also got chest tightness and other from b1.

So I haven't taken b1 for the last three days, but still slept poorly and woke up at night.

Is there any way to drain excess b1 (if there is such a thing) out of the body? I don't think it has been good for me.

Looking forward to answers
You've depleted your b6. Do not supplement regular b6 (pyridoxine). You need the p5p form - lots of good supplements available

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
You've depleted your b6. Do not supplement regular b6 (pyridoxine). You need the p5p form - lots of good supplements available
Hey ddjd,

can you tell me how you came to this conclusion?

I eat much food where B6 is in. Can it still be the Case?

Beatrix_

Dear Beatrix, sorry i dont have the tools to test my blood sugar levels.
It should be very easy and harmless to try a foot bath with sodium bicarbonate.

Edited to add -- you can soak your hands instead if you don't like foot baths.

Last edited:
OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
Dear people,

first of all, thank you for carrying and sorry if my english is sometimes bad.

I will try now p5p since @Beatrix_ and @ddjd mention it.

The good thing is, my Multi has really low dose of p5p. I didnt take it the last days, so i will start today. If this not help i will try the bath @Beatrix_ - i became so many tipps, that i need to test them one by one. Hope you understand.

This would be the Multi that i take.

Ps: my new symtoms are tingling in my hands and severe constipation

Hugs from berlin

Last edited:
OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter

youngsinatra

Do you have an adequate folate intake?

“At the cellular level, a folate deficiency may cause an indirect thiamine deficiency. Even though thiamine is present, it cannot be activated to thiamine pyrophosphate-- its biologically active form--due to a deficient dihydrofolate reductase activity.[4,5] It is possible that the clinical features of a folate-deficiency neuropathy may be partly caused by indirect thiamine deficiency.“

High doses of singular B vitamins have the risk of accelerating specific enzyme activity and burn up other cofactors (vitamins/minerals)
I only take low doses of a few B‘s (10mg B1/B2, 250 mcg biotin, 500 mcg folate) that tend to be a bit insufficient in my diet.

Overdoing B‘s also put a lot of pressure on electrolytes. I for example cannot take B12 because it tanks my potassium every time.

Beatrix_

youngsinatra

Yes

Folate supplementation will increase acidity, so it is dangerous. Bounce will have to stay away from B vitamins for a while.
It’s still a necessity in the diet and many are deficient in it, because the best dietary sources are leafy greens and legumes and few people eat those around here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals