Breathing still sucks

iLoveSugar

I know I sound like a broken record. I just feel I can vent here, and hopefully run into someone else that has had similar issues.

My breathing is still absolutely horrible. A few times I thought about going to the hospital, and it was so bad 2 nights ago that I finally did. My chest is just so tight and my breathing is so bad. They wanted to do a ct scan but I declined. I did allow an x ray though. I also had a lot of blood work and an ekg done. Everything mostly came back okay. The x ray did show some streaking around my lungs, which I guess shows bronchitis. They don't know if it is viral or if it is a flare of my asthma. Either something is really affecting me, or my gut is really just that bad. All day, evening, and night, I just have a tight chest and hard to breathe. Currently take 300 mg B1 and digestive enzymes. These have not effected me negatively or positively in any way. I really don't want to take this albuterol, but I don't know what to do. I often have very scary skipped heartbeats and flutters, but apparently the Holter monitor nor EKG picks it up.

Peatress

Sorry you are going through this. Previously you wrote that you’ve had a lot of CT scans in the past as well as colonoscopies. It’s likely you have radiation damage. Perhaps reconsider future x-rays. Even low dose radiation is risky.

Magnesium and vitamin E are both helpful for the lungs. The thiamine could be depleting your magnesium and potassium reserves hence the erratic heartbeats.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Sorry you are going through this. Previously you wrote that you’ve had a lot of CT scans in the past as well as colonoscopies. It’s likely you have radiation damage. Perhaps reconsider future x-rays. Even low dose radiation is risky.

Magnesium and vitamin E are both helpful for the lungs. The thiamine could be depleting your magnesium and potassium reserves hence the erratic heartbeats.
So when stuff seems life threatening, and they offer that or nothing, what is one supposed to do? Trust me, I absolutely and petrified of radiation.

Peatress

So when stuff seems life threatening, and they offer that or nothing, what is one supposed to do? Trust me, I absolutely and petrified of radiation.
I have been in that situation. I was told I could die. Knowing that I was already damaged by the numerous radiation exposures, most of which were unnecessary, I stood my ground. I held out for an MRI scan. They are better but not without there own risks.

Edit: the condition they thought I had didn't show up on the MRI so at least I escaped further radiation damage by not getting the x-ray

Last edited:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

I have been in that situation. I was told I could die. Knowing that I was already damaged by the numerous radiation exposures, most of which were unnecessary, I stood my ground. I held out for an MRI scan. They are better but not without there own risks.

Edit: the condition they thought I had didn't show up on the MRI so at least I escaped further radiation damage by not getting the x-ray
MRIs are bad too?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230828_201154_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_201154_MyChart.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20230828_201244_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_201244_MyChart.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20230828_201228_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_201228_MyChart.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20230828_201208_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_201208_MyChart.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230828_201137_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_201137_MyChart.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20230828_201118_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_201118_MyChart.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230828_201106_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_201106_MyChart.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 23

youngsinatra

The high WBC could indicate some kind of infection, but is also seen in asthma.

Ben.

unless u have asthma or so, acutely eucalyptus essential oil, zeolith/activated charcoal or osha root helpes me immenesely to breath better. laying on the stomache also helps alot.

Beatrix_

If you take non-Peaty advice, there are hundreds of studies showing the benefits of N-Acetyl-Cystetine and Turmeric on respiratory illnesses, esp. asthma.
In order to have such studies accepted by high-impact scientific journals, the authors must always state that the studies are inconclusive, because these substances are not patentable, if you know what I mean.

Here are two examples:

Pharmacological Research
Volume 115, January 2017, Pages 133-148
Pharmacological Research
Review
Curcumin use in pulmonary diseases: State of the art and future perspectives
Diana Lelli a, Amirhossein Sahebkar b, Thomas P. Johnston c, Claudio Pedone a
a
Area di Geriatria, Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma, via Alvaro del Portillo 21, 00128 Roma, Italy
b
Biotechnology Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, BuAli Square, Mashhad, 9196773117 Iran
c
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri-Kansas City, 2464 Charlotte Street, Kansas City, MO, 64108,USA

Abstract
Curcumin (diferuloylmethane) is a yellow pigment present in the spice turmeric (Curcuma longa). It has been used for centuries in Ayurveda (Indian traditional medicine) for the treatment of several diseases. Over the last several decades, the therapeutic properties of curcumin have slowly been elucidated.

It has been shown that curcumin has pleiotropic effects, regulating transcription factors (e.g., NF-kB), cytokines (e.g., IL6, TNF-alpha), adhesion molecules (e.g., ICAM-1), and enzymes (e.g., MMPs) that play a major role in inflammation and cancerogenesis.

These effects may be relevant for several pulmonary diseases that are characterized by abnormal inflammatory responses, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, acute respiratory distress syndrome, pulmonary fibrosis, and acute lung injury. Furthermore, some preliminary evidence suggests that curcumin may have a role in the treatment of lung cancer.

The evidence for the use of curcumin in pulmonary disease is still sparse and has mostly been obtained using either in vitro or animal models. The most important issue with the use of curcumin in humans is its poor bioavailability, which makes it necessary to use adjuvants or curcumin nanoparticles or liposomes.

The aim of this review is to summarize the available evidence on curcumin’s effectiveness in pulmonary diseases, including lung cancer, and to provide our perspective on future research with curcumin so as to improve its pharmacological effects, as well as provide additional evidence of curcumin’s efficacy in the treatment of pulmonary diseases.

Pediatric Allergy and Immunology
REVIEW ARTICLE
Full Access
Oxidative stress in asthma: Part of the puzzle
Umit M. Sahiner, Esra Birben, Serpil Erzurum, Cansin Sackesen, Ömer Kalayci
First published: 01 August 2018

Abstract
An imbalance between the production of reactive oxygen species and the capacity of antioxidant defense mechanisms favoring oxidants is called oxidative stress and is implicated in asthmatic inflammation and severity. Major reactive oxygen species that are formed endogenously include hydrogen peroxide, superoxide anion, hydroxyl radical, and hypohalite radical; and the major antioxidants that fight against the endogenous and environmental oxidants are superoxide dismutase, catalase, and glutathione. Despite the well-known presence of oxidative stress in asthma, studies that target oxidative burden using a variety of nutritional, pharmacological, and environmental approaches have generally been disappointing. In this review, we summarize the current knowledge on oxidative stress and antioxidant imbalance in asthma. In addition, we focus on possible biomarkers of oxidative stress in asthma and on current and future treatment strategies using the modulation of oxidative stress to treat asthma patients.
5.2 Interventional studies
Thiol antioxidants, precursors of glutathione, are the most commonly used antioxidant therapeutics. N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is the most frequently studied thiol precursor. NAC was found to suppress airway inflammation and hyper-reactivity in animals116 and inhibit ROS production in human peripheral blood eosinophils.117 In animal models, oral NAC exerted an antioxidant protective effect and attenuated pulmonary inflammation.116, 118 According to a meta-analyses, NAC was able to decrease the exacerbation rate in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) when used as an add-on therapy at 1200 mg daily.119 In contrast, in a randomized controlled study, NAC was found to be ineffective to prevent the decrease in lung function and exacerbations in patients with COPD.120 Another study showed that NAC produced no significant benefit when added to conventional treatment during an asthma attack.121 The lack of clear benefit in human studies may be related to the relative instability of NAC in vivo.

As a side note, you may know that during the pandemics the FDA changed the NAC status from over-the-counter-supplement to under-prescription-drug... FDA Releases Final Guidance on Enforcement Discretion for NAC

Michael Mohn

After concid I had problems with breathing for a long time especially when I did endurance type activities. NAC resolved most problems with breathing but my endurance still sucks. I also took collagen for the glycine and bromelain and aspirin. In the past I had good experiences with tumeric for digestive issues and it's rather benign so worth a try.

Beatrix_

After concid I had problems with breathing for a long time especially when I did endurance type activities. NAC resolved most problems with breathing but my endurance still sucks. I also took collagen for the glycine and bromelain and aspirin. In the past I had good experiences with tumeric for digestive issues and it's rather benign so worth a try.
I suspect it is related with a blockage in the mitochondrial respiratory chain, so mitochondrial supps like CoQ10 might be worth a try.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

unless u have asthma or so, acutely eucalyptus essential oil, zeolith/activated charcoal or osha root helpes me immenesely to breath better. laying on the stomache also helps alot.
I do have asthma. Charcoal doesn't help and takes days to move through my bowels. I also do stomach sleep at night.

Michael Mohn

I suspect it is related with a blockage in the mitochondrial respiratory chain, so mitochondrial supps like CoQ10 might be worth a try.
CoQ10 sounds interesting, I looked into it but I haven't found a product I have confidence in.
In a PubMed article they claim that covìd can deplete glutathione which is important for the relaxation of the lounge tissues. NAC with glycine does form glutathione.

PeterSN

@youngsinatra )

Eggs, milk, cheese, beef/chicken, sometimes potatoes. That's the bulk of it.
Hmm yeah, I have been having really bad breathing issues (and heart pvcs, skips) for a while now, you may remember me from the "I'm going to die" post i made a while back.

I legitimately thought I was going to die from not getting enough air. The thing is, it hasn't really gotten better and I have no idea what it is.

I have been to the doctors and hospital so many times and they have found nothing.

Supplementing b6 makes my symptoms worse, supplementing b1 doesn't do anything. I thought I might have had iron deficiency, but that came back normal as well as my b12.

I do have a theory now that it could be my incredibly low cholesterol, which is 123 mg/dL total, last time I checked.

The issue with this number is if you are not producing stress hormones and it is this low, then according to what ray said, the rest will turn into cortisol and andrenaline and cause shortness of breath, pvcs, skipped beats, etc...

What is your total cholesterol value?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Hmm yeah, I have been having really bad breathing issues (and heart pvcs, skips) for a while now, you may remember me from the "I'm going to die" post i made a while back.

I legitimately thought I was going to die from not getting enough air. The thing is, it hasn't really gotten better and I have no idea what it is.

I have been to the doctors and hospital so many times and they have found nothing.

Supplementing b6 makes my symptoms worse, supplementing b1 doesn't do anything. I thought I might have had iron deficiency, but that came back normal as well as my b12.

I do have a theory now that it could be my incredibly low cholesterol, which is 123 mg/dL total, last time I checked.

The issue with this number is if you are not producing stress hormones and it is this low, then according to what ray said, the rest will turn into cortisol and andrenaline and cause shortness of breath, pvcs, skipped beats, etc...

What is your total cholesterol value?

It looks like I haven't had any cholesterol tests done in about 4 years, but I attached my results from then.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230829_130657_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829_130657_MyChart.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 18
OP
I

iLoveSugar

I also get worse with things such as bending over to pick something up, rolling over, etc. Almost seems like some sort of obstruction makes it worse.

Nicole W.

I know I sound like a broken record. I just feel I can vent here, and hopefully run into someone else that has had similar issues.

My breathing is still absolutely horrible. A few times I thought about going to the hospital, and it was so bad 2 nights ago that I finally did. My chest is just so tight and my breathing is so bad. They wanted to do a ct scan but I declined. I did allow an x ray though. I also had a lot of blood work and an ekg done. Everything mostly came back okay. The x ray did show some streaking around my lungs, which I guess shows bronchitis. They don't know if it is viral or if it is a flare of my asthma. Either something is really affecting me, or my gut is really just that bad. All day, evening, and night, I just have a tight chest and hard to breathe. Currently take 300 mg B1 and digestive enzymes. These have not effected me negatively or positively in any way. I really don't want to take this albuterol, but I don't know what to do. I often have very scary skipped heartbeats and flutters, but apparently the Holter monitor nor EKG picks it up.
@youngsinatra )

Eggs, milk, cheese, beef/chicken, sometimes potatoes. That's the bulk of it.
Are you using anything orally or topically with MCT in it? MCT gives me horrible breathing issues/asthma and tons of phlegm. Even if I use it topically this happens. I just figured this out after 2 years of eliminating every food and every supplement that might be suspect. I guess I am allergic to it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals