Severe inflammation or asthma

iLoveSugar

I'm still lost with this severely restricted breathing, tight chest, etc. It's just getting dramatically worse and nothing I take seems to help. Doctors have no answers except to throw very harmful drugs at it.

I don't wheeze like typical asthma folks, but my breathing is very tight, I can't take a deep breath, it's always tight, constantly try and cough to clear it. It's like I chronically have a severe cold that won't kick.

Any suggestions? I just had my estrogen levels test and they are all very low (in range), so that's not the issue.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I've had multiple chest x-rays over the past few years. Always come back clear.

My last one in August had these remarks:

Impression
1. No evidence of pneumothorax, pleural effusion or airspace consolidation.

2. Subtle radiographic findings suggesting possible pulmonary venous hypertension, and/or possible ongoing bronchitis (and which could be acute, subacute and/or chronic (e.g., smoking-related)).

I'm still lost with this severely restricted breathing, tight chest, etc. It's just getting dramatically worse and nothing I take seems to help. Doctors have no answers except to throw very harmful drugs at it.

I don't wheeze like typical asthma folks, but my breathing is very tight, I can't take a deep breath, it's always tight, constantly try and cough to clear it. It's like I chronically have a severe cold that won't kick.

Any suggestions? I just had my estrogen levels test and they are all very low (in range), so that's not the issue.
Do you exercise? Have you put in new carpet, furniture, paint, bedding, gotten a new pet or take new supplements? Do you use an air filter? When did this start? Did you have the nasal Covid tests often, or have recent vaccinations?

HeyThere

Aspirin is 100% Salicylates, something that I am sensitive to if i have too much of it, and it's in EVERYTHING. Naturally in foods, used in products as a preservative since WWII, etc.

Do you have rashes?

I just started using a mist inhaler with the saline that you buy with them I spritz 3-4x into it silver spray. I've noticed it HAS helped. Every single morning for like a year now I wake up to a VERY tight chest and cough and there's lots of clear mucus. Had this all my life (mucus), but never this badly, and never with this much tight chest feeling, esp with stress. I think it has to do with c'vd perhaps, and also being sedentary and stressed. I HAVE to start walking again if nothing else. Weather has been scathingly hot, or gross and foggy, rare in betweens, so I just stopped exercising. Stress, which I have 1,000,0000% of, triggers it immediately. This can't be good. But the inhaling IS helping, I noticed it the first day and I'm on day 3. No cough this morning outside of a coughing fit a couple of hours ago when I woke up in bed around 4am. TBH, i have had more salicylates in my foods lately: olives, pickles, chicken soup, etc.

I'm still lost with this severely restricted breathing, tight chest, etc. It's just getting dramatically worse and nothing I take seems to help.
I assume you are drinking lots of OJ, Sodium bicarbonate, Magnesium, and mineral water?
Are you taking K2, K1 or Vitamin E?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Do you exercise? Have you put in new carpet, furniture, paint, bedding, gotten a new pet or take new supplements? Do you use an air filter? When did this start? Did you have the nasal Covid tests often, or have recent vaccinations?
I exercise daily in the summer. Not nearly in the much in the winter since it's so cold and miserable. We do have a filter in the house that I change regularly. It's been bad for the past year or two, progressively getting worse. No nasal tests recently and I'm hard core against any vaccines.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Aspirin is 100% Salicylates, something that I am sensitive to if i have too much of it, and it's in EVERYTHING. Naturally in foods, used in products as a preservative since WWII, etc.

Do you have rashes?

I just started using a mist inhaler with the saline that you buy with them I spritz 3-4x into it silver spray. I've noticed it HAS helped. Every single morning for like a year now I wake up to a VERY tight chest and cough and there's lots of clear mucus. Had this all my life (mucus), but never this badly, and never with this much tight chest feeling, esp with stress. I think it has to do with c'vd perhaps, and also being sedentary and stressed. I HAVE to start walking again if nothing else. Weather has been scathingly hot, or gross and foggy, rare in betweens, so I just stopped exercising. Stress, which I have 1,000,0000% of, triggers it immediately. This can't be good. But the inhaling IS helping, I noticed it the first day and I'm on day 3. No cough this morning outside of a coughing fit a couple of hours ago when I woke up in bed around 4am. TBH, i have had more salicylates in my foods lately: olives, pickles, chicken soup, etc.
I took about a 3 week break from aspirin, and no difference. Worse if anything.

Weather is extremely cold here right now, but I am bad regardless of weather.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I assume you are drinking lots of OJ, Sodium bicarbonate, Magnesium, and mineral water?
Are you taking K2, K1 or Vitamin E?
OJ, not much right now as good sources are tough to come by. I stopped the baking soda water. I do take Mag glycinate 2-3x weekly. I do drink mineral water daily in my decaf coffee. No to any of the K and E except K2 occasionally.

OJ, not much right now as good sources are tough to come by. I stopped the baking soda water. I do take Mag glycinate 2-3x weekly. I do drink mineral water daily in my decaf coffee. No to any of the K and E except K2 occasionally.
I had the same symptoms for months until I removed mineral water. Previously I removed K2, Magnesium, VIT E, VIT D, etc with noticeable improvement. But, when I removed mineral water that's when I stated improving. That was a final piece of a puzzle.

I had an increase in bicarbonate in my blood which would indicate higher CO2 in blood so maybe you should measure that as well.

Anything "glycine" is giving me big problems with inflammation.

If I was you I would remove the mineral water, coffee, K2, magnesium and all the supplements for one week and see if you have some improvements.

I exercise daily in the summer. Not nearly in the much in the winter since it's so cold and miserable. We do have a filter in the house that I change regularly. It's been bad for the past year or two, progressively getting worse. No nasal tests recently and I'm hard core against any vaccines.
What kind of exercise do you do?

hierundjetzt

OJ gives me respiratory problems. Might want to eliminate that for awhile to see if that resolves the problem.

hierundjetzt

I had the same symptoms for months until I removed mineral water. Previously I removed K2, Magnesium, VIT E, VIT D, etc with noticeable improvement. But, when I removed mineral water that's when I stated improving. That was a final piece of a puzzle.

I had an increase in bicarbonate in my blood which would indicate higher CO2 in blood so maybe you should measure that as well.

Anything "glycine" is giving me big problems with inflammation.

If I was you I would remove the mineral water, coffee, K2, magnesium and all the supplements for one week and see if you have some improvements.
same here, glycine, collagen and gelatin are no-no's for me.

Fenrir67

You can have too much retinyl ester stored in your lungs that oxidize into retinoic acid and can trigger inflammation and asthma symptoms.

HeyThere

Interestingly enough, my morning tight chest with very rough coughing stopped the next morning immediately when the night before I took 1/2 tbp+ of baking soda chased with some water. So I did it again. And again the next morning things were calm. I mean... it's been working for a few days now, barring a very short coughing fit, and I mean very short and without the scary chest pain tightness.

I do know baking soda helps eliminate salicylates in the body, which high doses of Sals definitely give asthmatic symptoms and rashes, tinnitus, etc etc. Heck, gave me great, easy poops in the mornings, too! Maybe this is helping me and my issues, not sure for anyone else.

I do suspect bio film and whatever form of candida yeast/whatever makes your spit really thick when you shouldn't really eat wheat and cracker type foods due to it making your phlegm explode in minutes, blah blah blah, in my sinus/esophagus, both of which ramped up after getting a mildish case of the 'vid a month ago. Baking soda also kills biofilm, so it's possible it's helping that issue. Candida being very prevalent w/ 'vid, btw.

Richiebogie

My wheezing reduced 95% when I cut out coffee and cut chocolate back to about 30g milk chocolate per day.

Something about the alkaloids!

They are meant to help breathing!

They may help for a few hours but as they are used up the withdrawal effects for me are worse than before!

I probably should cut out the last of the chocolate, at least for a month to see if gets rid of the last of the cough / difficulty breathing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals