Having some problems with breathing

OP
R

Rolan

Charlie said:
Rolan, thats great you were able to work through it! I LOVE me some lemonade, YUM!!

If I had myself pulled together enough, I would log everything I ate and put into my body. That way it would be much easier to spot the adjustments that made a difference whether good or bad. However, I am not that well put together yet. :lol:

Eh, life is for living and I'm really not inclined to keep a journal just yet! I roughly count the calories off the top my head and make do. Although I would like to get a little more variety in my diet.

Lemonade is truly delicious. I'm going to make my own soon :rockout

4peatssake

Charlie said:
I am not that well put together yet. :lol:

PullYourself_large.jpg

Swandattur

I see oranges in the store here in the US that are from Africa. The orange juice can have that weirdly processed pulp in it.

Bluebell

Rolan said:
Ah, I think I may have found the culprit here. It's EITHER orange juice, but more likely the combination of Bicarb Soda + orange juice.

Yesterday morning I had some OJ and Bicarb and again felt difficulty in breathing. At lunch I had some ice cream and whole Milk(hadn't had that in 5 days due to circumstance and refusal to drink poor quality). By the afternoon my breathing had returned to normal, more or less. I could breathe properly for the first time in over a week. No more OJ/Bicarb that day.

Today I didn't have any OJ in the fridge, so I subbed in real lemonade - amazing stuff :) - And all day my breathing has been perfect, even during training. One hour after training, I had some eggs and OJ/Bicarb. Almost immediately my breathing deteriorated. So!

I'm gonna have some OJ tomorrow morning without Bicarb, and see how that feels. I think I've only recently introduced Bicarb into my OJ - I definitely did not do it for the first month. As an aside, Lemonade will probably replace OJ for about 3 days a week, due to Oranges being so expensive and from different continents.

Rolan, how much bicarb did you have?

Bicarb is highly alkaline so too much can throw you off balance, and one of the ways the body tries to bring you back in balance is by regulating your breathing (making you want to breath more or less). Maybe you were nicely balanced but the bicarb shifted that.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rolan said:
Eh, life is for living and I'm really not inclined to keep a journal just yet! I roughly count the calories off the top my head and make do. Although I would like to get a little more variety in my diet.

Oh, I would never count calories. ;)

Bluebell

Rolan said:
Hmm, interesting. I would say about 1/2 a teaspoon to about 7-900ml? Perhaps more. Just until it does that fizzing thing.

That's not that much, unless you are very sensitive to it.

As Swandattur said, it could be the OJ, the pectin in the store bought brands.

OP
R

Rolan

Yah, I think the big brands aren't much good, though I did well on 1litre Innocent per day for 6 weeks. Not been feeling great the last 2 weeks, so will have to adjust my other foods aswell, I'm seeing a distinct correlation between having to change brands of almost everything due to moving places.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals