Ginger Tea And Breathing Problems

superGrover

Hi guys! :)

I decided to drink some ginger tea, and all three times I did it, breathing was becoming more difficult afterwards. I had the urge to gasp for extra air etc. I know some Buteyko, according to that it probably caused my CO2 to go down or something. Buteyko gives a good rep to Nitric oxide, but ginger decreases NO, which in his philosophy decreases CO2.

For Ray Peat, CO2 is good and NO is bad. This puzzles me a bit. Can't I have the CO2 without too much NO?

And do you guys have any other ideas why it was so hard to breathe in the hours after drinking the tea? And how I might fix this?

Thanks!

OP
superGrover

superGrover

Thank you so much! I googled for 'allergic reactions to ginger' and found it directly! Hmm. Any idea if I can undo the allergy in some way or make it more likely that it improves?

Elephanto

I don't get this effect personally. If it's from an allergenic effect, then working on reducing Estrogen, Omega 3/6s, restoring Thyroid health and proper glucose metabolism (reducing stress and serotonin, Niacinamide, Magnesium, Thiamine can reverse diabetes/pre-diabetes) and avoiding sources of Histamine (yeast, fermented food, cured meat) will help.

Peat has these quotes about allergies :
“Hypoglycemia (which can result from any respiratory defect) can produce malfunction of any tissue, but brain dysfunction and immune dysfunction are very common effects. Adamkiewicz has shown that allergic reactions to a given substance will decrease from 100 percent to zero, when the blood glucose increases from, for example, 50 mg. to 150 mg. or more.”

estrogen treatment is known to increase the incidence of asthma and other inflammations

the role of estrogen in celiac disease (in effect an allergy to gluten)

Vegetable oil is recognized as a drug for knocking out the immune system.

fish oils are generally much more immunosuppressive than the seed oils

“Thyroid, progesterone and pregnenolone help to normalize the blood sugar by improving respiration, and should be the basic treatment for allergies.”

Methylene Blue and Palmitic Acid (probably all saturated fats) also increase respiration.

raypeatclips

Thank you so much! I googled for 'allergic reactions to ginger' and found it directly! Hmm. Any idea if I can undo the allergy in some way or make it more likely that it improves?

Maybe once your health improves the allergy will disappear, but I'm sure there will be other things you can take that can do what ginger does without any negatives.

OP
superGrover

superGrover

I don't get this effect personally. If it's from an allergenic effect, then working on reducing Estrogen, Omega 3/6s, restoring Thyroid health and proper glucose metabolism (reducing stress and serotonin, Niacinamide, Magnesium, Thiamine can reverse diabetes/pre-diabetes) and avoiding sources of Histamine (yeast, fermented food, cured meat) will help.

Peat has these quotes about allergies :

Methylene Blue and Palmitic Acid (probably all saturated fats) also increase respiration.

Thank you for this detailed answer, much appreciated! Hypoglycemia sounds familiar as I though I might have it. I need to start looking into prog, thyroid and pregnenolone again. Whenever I read about it on this forum those three things sound risky to take. Plus I don't know if I can get thyroid over here. I already have coconut oil and magnesium, and going to try the MB and thiamine. My niacinamide source had silica in it so I have to look for other options.

By the way, for estrogen I tried grapejuice two times and almost fainted, which sounds really weird to say. Maybe an allergic reaction as well.

Elephanto

Thank you for this detailed answer, much appreciated! Hypoglycemia sounds familiar as I though I might have it. I need to start looking into prog, thyroid and pregnenolone again. Whenever I read about it on this forum those three things sound risky to take. Plus I don't know if I can get thyroid over here. I already have coconut oil and magnesium, and going to try the MB and thiamine. My niacinamide source had silica in it so I have to look for other options.

By the way, for estrogen I tried grapejuice two times and almost fainted, which sounds really weird to say. Maybe an allergic reaction as well.

Grapes can be high in mycotoxins.
Fungi and mycotoxins in vineyards and grape products. - PubMed - NCBI

I would prioritize Pregnenolone over Progesterone to avoid a feminizing effect. Other good estrogen reduction strategies would be Zinc, Selenium, Vitamin A and E taken together, Vitamin K2, B1 & B2, MB, Niacinamide, eating Broccoli, Olive Oil (1-2 tsps), reducing Endotoxins (Coconut Oil, Carrot salad), avoiding O6 and limiting ejaculation frequency.

OP
superGrover

superGrover

Grapes can be high in mycotoxins.
Fungi and mycotoxins in vineyards and grape products. - PubMed - NCBI

I would prioritize Pregnenolone over Progesterone to avoid a feminizing effect. Other good estrogen reduction strategies would be Zinc, Selenium, Vitamin A and E taken together, Vitamin K2, B1 & B2, MB, Niacinamide, eating Broccoli, Olive Oil (1-2 tsps), reducing Endotoxins (Coconut Oil, Carrot salad), avoiding O6 and limiting ejaculation frequency.

Hmm maybe mycotoxins was the case, thanks for the reference! I'll probably never drink it again, or have grapes/raisins/wine.

I take zinc daily 15mg because of some posts by you I think! Ah selenium I still need to get. For vit B1, B2 and Niacinamide, do you use powders or do you have capsules/tablets that you break or something? Because the ready supps always are too high in dose. I take A & E together and D3 & K2 together.

About prog, do you take it and did your hair fall out if you did? Read a couple reviews where people had it because they supposedly took too high a dose. I want to prevent that. And which kind do you recommend, can I take a cheaper one from iherb or the powder stuff from I think it's health natura?

Last edited:

fradon

Hi guys! :)

I decided to drink some ginger tea, and all three times I did it, breathing was becoming more difficult afterwards. I had the urge to gasp for extra air etc. I know some Buteyko, according to that it probably caused my CO2 to go down or something. Buteyko gives a good rep to Nitric oxide, but ginger decreases NO, which in his philosophy decreases CO2.

For Ray Peat, CO2 is good and NO is bad. This puzzles me a bit. Can't I have the CO2 without too much NO?

And do you guys have any other ideas why it was so hard to breathe in the hours after drinking the tea? And how I might fix this?

Thanks!

how did you make the tea from raw ginger or from a packet with sugar, or just some ginger powerder?

OP
superGrover

superGrover

how did you make the tea from raw ginger or from a packet with sugar, or just some ginger powerder?

Cut off some ginger from the root (around 4 gr. ) and put it in a tea pot in a seperate compartment in which it can lay in the hot water. I let it like that for around 15 mins from what I remember.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals