Extreme Sinus Problems?

Connor888

I'm not sure what the best approach here is, but around 8 yrs ago i started developing post nasal drip and difficulties breathing out of my nose. I had one of those tiny cameras in my nose at the docs, and they could see the swelling, except it's been that way none stop 24/7 since. I had a swab done at the docs and they found nothing, but i worry it's something worse. I should add, im not allergic to pets, dust, pollen etc. have no food allergies that i'm aware of. have tried cutting out eggs recently to see if that would help, with no success

when my sinuses flare up like they have been recently, my whole respiratory tract becomes inflamed and i feel like im essentially choking for air. i cant breathe out of my mouth when my nose flares up. i have checked my oxygen levels while having a flare up, and i've seen a significant drop in oxygen levels during a flare up. this has been quite debilitating as i cant walk very far anymore, and it seems to flare up randomly month to month. but it's always there. had a chest xray done, and they couldn't see anything.

Post nasal drip 24/7, bad taste in mouth etc. When I breathe in and exhale through my mouth, I hear a coarse almost like rasp sound that is quite loud. anyone know whats good to do here? honestly pretty concerned about my short term health here as something seems off but i dont know what to tell the docs. im 21 with no serious underlying health problems besides potentially underactive thyroid

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Have you looked into LPR?

J

james2388

21 with no serious health issues. This could be either a mold issue, or a cervical neck issue. If you get some basic blood labs done + markers for inflammation. I think that'll give you better direction ruling out inflammation. Many people suffer from sleep apnea because of resting their head on a pillow and this folds the airway with neck flexion. Also I believe a b1 deficiency can cause breathlessness like many other vitamins.

The rasp sound that you hear, It could very well be your ears, get them checked out. As per Google 'A sinus infection is a type of ear congestion'....

Did anyone take a look inside your ears?

OP
Connor888

Connor888

21 with no serious health issues. This could be either a mold issue, or a cervical neck issue. If you get some basic blood labs done + markers for inflammation. I think that'll give you better direction ruling out inflammation. Many people suffer from sleep apnea because of resting their head on a pillow and this folds the airway with neck flexion. Also I believe a b1 deficiency can cause breathlessness like many other vitamins.

The rasp sound that you hear, It could very well be your ears, get them checked out. As per Google 'A sinus infection is a type of ear congestion'....

Did anyone take a look inside your ears?

nobody has ever taken a look at my ears but i use to have frequent ear infections as a kid , and asthma , which i think could be related to this.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Probably it my friend.
Ear/sinus pretty much the same thing.
Infection = congestion = inflammation.
How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide To Remove Ear Wax? | Ear cleaning wax, Clean ear wax out, Ear wax

i could get some on amazon. do you just use a dropper and put a few drops in your ears? wonder if it would be worth making a nasal spray out of. is the 3% peroxide the one i want?

oh i forgot to say, i was exposed to a lot of mold once for a week or so. dunno what i could do about it now though if it is related to that past mold exposure

Last edited:
J

james2388

i could get some on amazon. do you just use a dropper and put a few drops in your ears? wonder if it would be worth making a nasal spray out of. is the 3% peroxide the one i want?

oh i forgot to say, i was exposed to a lot of mold once for a week or so. dunno what i could do about it now though if it is related to that past mold exposure

Just put hydrogen peroxide in your ears. It's safe. nobody mentioned anything of a nasal spray. You got some neurosis which often is caused by unresolved illnesses.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Just put hydrogen peroxide in your ears. It's safe. nobody mentioned anything of a nasal spray. You got some neurosis which often is caused by unresolved illnesses.

thought i'd say, i've had no problem with full fat milk and that's what i've been drinking for awhile. i realized my sinuses started flaring up when switching to 1.8% fat. tested it today and the low fat milk triggers my sinuses, where the full fat doesn't affect my sinuses at all and makes my sinuses feel a little clearer. no clue why this would be the case but the lower fat definitely triggers it, its the same brand too.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm not sure what the best approach here is, but around 8 yrs ago i started developing post nasal drip and difficulties breathing out of my nose. I had one of those tiny cameras in my nose at the docs, and they could see the swelling, except it's been that way none stop 24/7 since. I had a swab done at the docs and they found nothing, but i worry it's something worse. I should add, im not allergic to pets, dust, pollen etc. have no food allergies that i'm aware of. have tried cutting out eggs recently to see if that would help, with no success

when my sinuses flare up like they have been recently, my whole respiratory tract becomes inflamed and i feel like im essentially choking for air. i cant breathe out of my mouth when my nose flares up. i have checked my oxygen levels while having a flare up, and i've seen a significant drop in oxygen levels during a flare up. this has been quite debilitating as i cant walk very far anymore, and it seems to flare up randomly month to month. but it's always there. had a chest xray done, and they couldn't see anything.

Post nasal drip 24/7, bad taste in mouth etc. When I breathe in and exhale through my mouth, I hear a coarse almost like rasp sound that is quite loud. anyone know whats good to do here? honestly pretty concerned about my short term health here as something seems off but i dont know what to tell the docs. im 21 with no serious underlying health problems besides potentially underactive thyroid
Air pollution plays a big role. Soot has estrogenic properties and can stimulate the growth of tissue and this could lead to permanent nasal congestion/blockage. Mold is the same as it promotes inflammation and is also estrogenic.

magnesiumania

Mold is my best bet and its sooo much more prevalent than pll are aware of. No doctor ever test for mycotoxin.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Mold is my best bet and its sooo much more prevalent than pll are aware of. No doctor ever test for mycotoxin.

what are you supposed to do it about it though after exposure? i was around a lot of it for a week coughing before realizing i had it hidden behind my ward drobe. been down hill ever since. this was years ago this

Dave Clark

I often post this, so at the risk of sounding redundant, you may want to look into ozone therapy. Very effective at killing mold and infection in the ears and sinus cavities. If you get a medical home ozone unit, Promolife is a good source, you can do it at home. It is very easy and safe when done properly, there are a few different ways to do it, here is one:
Check out all of Promolife's site for more information, and/or call them with any questions, they are very helpful. Also, peruse the FB group called The Ozone Group to see what people have done, etc.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

I often post this, so at the risk of sounding redundant, you may want to look into ozone therapy. Very effective at killing mold and infection in the ears and sinus cavities. If you get a medical home ozone unit, Promolife is a good source, you can do it at home. It is very easy and safe when done properly, there are a few different ways to do it, here is one:
Check out all of Promolife's site for more information, and/or call them with any questions, they are very helpful. Also, peruse the FB group called The Ozone Group to see what people have done, etc.

no thank you for posting that mate it looks interesting. i think i've heard of this before. i might see if there are any practitioners doing this near me as i would have no idea what to do

Dave Clark

no thank you for posting that mate it looks interesting. i think i've heard of this before. i might see if there are any practitioners doing this near me as i would have no idea what to do
Well, be advised that practitioners will charge a high price for a session, compared to being able to do it at your leisure as many times as you like/need. Ozone is a good investment for dealing with anything microbial. It might look intimidating, but it is extremely easy, and the people from Promolife are there to get you through the initial learning process. I might add that after years of having sinus infections, mold/fungal issues, ozone was the only thing that got it under control for me, along with other Peat type changes to my diet and regimen, and I have tried them all. Probably the biggest deterrent for people is the cost of the initial investment of the unit and accessories, but time goes on , and you soon realize it all payed for itself in a few years. I bought my units a few years ago, and I am glad I did.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Well, be advised that practitioners will charge a high price for a session, compared to being able to do it at your leisure as many times as you like/need. Ozone is a good investment for dealing with anything microbial. It might look intimidating, but it is extremely easy, and the people from Promolife are there to get you through the initial learning process. I might add that after years of having sinus infections, mold/fungal issues, ozone was the only thing that got it under control for me, along with other Peat type changes to my diet and regimen, and I have tried them all. Probably the biggest deterrent for people is the cost of the initial investment of the unit and accessories, but time goes on , and you soon realize it all payed for itself in a few years. I bought my units a few years ago, and I am glad I did.

I wonder if I could get the same benefit by nebulizing hydrogen peroxide?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I might add that after years of having sinus infections, mold/fungal issues, ozone was the only thing that got it under control for me, along with other Peat type changes to my diet and regimen, and I have tried them all.
How long after you starting using the ozone therapy did the sinus infection go away?

Gone Peating

Did you suffer from sinus infections? My mom gets a terrible sinus infection once every couple months and usually needs to take antibiotics for 2-3 weeks to get rid of it. Ozone looks promising

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals