B1 Advice

Wow I forgot that, I'm taking 5mg Selegine per week (for its effect on MAO-B) and I decided to take some Cypro for better sleep yesterday, and today I was not feeling well at all, maybe there were too much anti-cholinergic effects going on.

Having noticed you're in Germany, where do you purchase it (selegiline/deprenyl)?

Also, Life Extension seems to believe selegiline would be pro-acetylcholinergic. From their article, "Excess MAO-B not only deprives us of our youthful emotions by depleting dopamine, but also impairs cognitive functions by decreasing acetylcholine while simultaneously accelerating brain aging.51-55"

Here are their references:
51. Carageorgiou H, Zarros A, Tsakiris S. Selegiline long-term effects on brain acetylcholinesterase, (Na+,K+)-ATPase activities, antioxidant status and learning performance of aged rats. Pharmacol Res. 2003;48(3):245-51.
52. Delumeau JC, Bentue-Ferrer D, Gandon JM, et al. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors, cognitive functions and neurodegenerative diseases. J Neural Transm Suppl. 1994;41:259-66.
53. Lecht S, Haroutiunian S, Hoffman A, et al. Rasagiline - a novel MAO B inhibitor in Parkinson’s disease therapy. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2007;3(3):467-74.
54. Minami M, Hamaue N, Endo T, et al. Effects of isatin, an endogenous MAO inhibitor, on dopamine (DA) and acetylcholine (ACh) concentrations in rats. Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi. 1999;114 Suppl 1:186p-91p.
55. Petzer JP, Castagnoli N, Jr., Schwarzschild MA, et al. Dual-target-directed drugs that block monoamine oxidase B and adenosine A(2A) receptors for Parkinson’s disease. Neurotherapeutics. 2009;6(1):141-51.

We would need to read to see if they are interpreting them correctly and then contrast with Dr. Peat's references. You wanna start? I'm off to the gym!

Wolf

Cypro tanks the dopaminergic effect of lots of things unless your mouse does .5-1mg.

Light

Thiamine is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, which means it is also a diuretic.
If you are taking any version of B1 and are also producing a larger volume of urine, it might be an indication that it's working well,
it also means you're losing lots of minerals - sodium, potassium, bicarbonate, and on and on...
So it's more important than ever to make sure you're getting really good nutrition to replenish all that.
This may be one reason for the fatigue that a lot of people get when taking B1.

Another important point - carbonic anhydrase inhibitors cause an increase in acidity in the cell, so if you're taking Aspirin - which also increases acidity in the cell - you might be overdoing it, and this could be actually dangerous:
https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-...s-carbonic-anhydrase-inhibitors/intrtype-drug
Toxicity of combined therapy with carbonic anhydrase inhibitors and aspirin. - PubMed - NCBI
Metabolic acidosis induced by carbonic anhydrase inhibitors and salicylates in patients with normal renal function. - PubMed - NCBI

Jing

Thiamine increases acetylcholine, which explains why it helped your sleep. But taking such a high dose out of nowhere likely tanked blood sugar and increased acetylcholine significantly and incredibly fast. Lots of acetylcholine will have negative effects on mood and can makr you feel tired. Acetylcholine itself isnt bad but an abrupt increased production of ACh will disrupt your normal neurotransmitter levels that you have gotten used to. Also should make sure to have more potassium with it, as B1 uses potassium.
Do you think cdp-choline and alpha GPC are good?