Where To Turn Next

Nstocks

After taking thyroid for 2 years I still have terrible digestion amongst other things.

I put myself on the scales today and saw I've gained a 13lbs in 6 months. Measured my temp. and pulse for the past month where waking temp is between 35.5 and 35.8 - the same as it was a year ago and pulse is between 60 and 70.

Every morning I wake up feeling sick. Bowel movements are twice a week, normally aided by cascara. No single food or drink goes down well and I've just started the BRAT diet, where I'm eating bananas, rice (uncle bens) Apple juice and pre-soaked oatmeal (no wheat or gluten). The Apple juice seems to be going down much better than OJ, coffee and milk, but I'm still keeping up 1/2 cup milk kefir per day.

I've experimented with cypro too, but don't notice anything with less than 1 tablet which in turns makes me very sleepy. I have dropped all supplements (Estroban and zinc) whilst I'm eating only bananas, rice, oats and apple juice for the next 5 days. I've considered potato protein soup too, but don't think it is palatable enough for me to get down and I don't want more liquids.

I'm incredibly tired all the time because of my digestion which coincides with low body temperature. Perhaps I should take 1 and a half grains per day? (I've not increased it for a year...) Just last week I drove out of town for my twin and I 25th birthday. Within 1 hour of travelling I had to pull over because of terrible stomach pain - felt like throwing up but nothing happened. The day was ruined with a terrible migraine, tired eyes and a pregnant, bloated stomach. I crawled straight to bed when we retuned home.

I try to stay in high spirits by doing things I love - working on a portfolio for a new job, maintaining a saltwater aquarium, music, films, going outside, but none of this is enough to get over my pain - it's just a way to distract myself.

OP
N

Nstocks

Yes I tried a 2 week course of penicillin. This is something I've considered, but with low body temp it's probably not going to help after a month or so?

OP
N

Nstocks

For crying out loud! I ate a bowl of oatmeal 3 hours ago and I still feel bloated and sick.

Maybe another round of anti biotics will give me some relief with eating and drinking ANYTHING!!!! :(

Thinking about it, my raw milk supplier have just been closed down due to salmonella and elevated microbiological levels. (according to the FSA tests. The farm say their milk is fine according to their own tests)

This is so pathetic. I can't live with myself like this. This is not a life - feeling bloated, sick and tired after trying to get some energy from food is not tolerable anymore. I CAN'T EVEN SIT UP STRAIGHT!

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Oatmeal gives me very loose stools and bad cramping. I can eat pure wheat, milk, carrageenan ice cream, jalapenos... but nothing upsets my GI tract like oatmeal does.

OP
N

Nstocks

The oats were soaked for 12 hours in salted water and rinsed again until the water ran clear. Oat and rice are not something I would usually go with - I came across a thread on here with "SLOW digestion" and those foods were recommended.

The truth is, I don't have any options of food. Well I do because I have the same reaction to every single food and drink item. But I always try to avoid gluten.

I also massage my stomach and do light exercises to try and get things moving. They don't. Sitting here trying to work and I have brain fog, inability to sit up, cold feet and a increasing stomach by the hour.

Maybe drink aloe juice?

Nicholas

so the thyroid has not offered you any benefit? if you've done so, what do you experience when you go off it?

Ulla

have you tried with mashed potatoes? not soup, potatoes in solid form.
or maybe corn?
what about avoiding starches and compensating with cooked apples? coconut water?

OP
N

Nstocks

Nicholas said:
post 109140 so the thyroid has not offered you any benefit? if you've done so, what do you experience when you go off it?

The thyroid has has some effect - I rarely get cold feet unless digestion is a lot worse than usual. I went off it for 2 weeks because I ran out and cold feet returned again. Temperature was higher in the summer, but I always find I'm cold when the wether is colder in the later months.

halken said:
post 109142 I'd try avoiding dairy.

I'm only having fermented dairy right now, but that is something I've considered. I just worry about calcium because I have cavities.

naninani said:
post 109143 have you tried with mashed potatoes? not soup, potatoes in solid form.
or maybe corn?
what about avoiding starches and compensating with cooked apples? coconut water?

Occasionally I'd eat baked potatoes with tuna and butter (just bought some ghee) but avoiding starches would probably be a good idea and is something I've tried a lot in the past.

It's hard to find replacements to startch if I don't have dairy. Coconut water might be helpful if I avoid dairy for a little calcium. I keep coconut water on hand when I'm travelling (along with ginger sweets) to try and reduce sickness. Last year I ate cooked apples or pears with custard. It was OK but I became quite bored of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ulla

gelatin? do you use it?

cooked apples... i can't get them enough of them.
I eat them with cottage or maybe with scrambled eggs. it also goes well with beef. somehow I can incorporate them everywhere.
have you tried with corn flour? you can make pancakes or bread with it.

beachbum

Well im a 51 year old female suffered with acne since about 21. Since I started progesterone cream it has been changing alot for me. If you look up my other posts I explain more of my experience and dose. Yes to tired to rewrite it all. Go to the last page no 5. https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/view ... 9&start=80

Thank you

OP
N

Nstocks

naninani said:

I went through two of those green cans of great lakes collagen but never bought anymore because it didn't digest well. Same with anything gelatinous.

I will look at cornflour - I don't think it is as starchy as the other options if I'm giving up dairy.

beachbum said:
post 109157 Well im a 51 year old female suffered with acne since about 21. Since I started progesterone cream it has been changing alot for me. If you look up my other posts I explain more of my experience and dose. Yes to tired to rewrite it all. Go to the last page no 5. https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/view ... 9&start=80

Thank you

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

answersfound

I would use an aspirin caffeine combo until the digestive problems go away. With vitamin k2. Anacin has been helpful for me. You may need to take 1 gram or more.

OP
N

Nstocks

answersfound said:
post 109166 I would use an aspirin caffeine combo until the digestive problems go away. With vitamin k2. Anacin has been helpful for me. You may need to take 1 gram or more.

Anacin looks like a good option over aspirin alone, but it contains some nasty stuff too:

viewtopic.php?t=7308

BingDing

Eggshells in capsules, for sure. It's pretty grim straight up.

I know what you mean about boring, but I'm thinking that eating the same thing every day might be good. There has been a lot written about traditional diets being healthy, but the Inuit and Massai diets are very different. What they have in common is eating the same food every day. Just a thought.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals