Thyroid Meds Not Working

youngsinatra

Low thyroid symptoms (esp. low temperature and low pulse) high blood glucose, low white blood cells sounds like bioavailable copper deficiency to me.

Do you eat ruminant animal liver?

OP
S

Steve

Low thyroid symptoms (esp. low temperature and low pulse) high blood glucose, low white blood cells sounds like bioavailable copper deficiency to me.

Do you eat ruminant animal liver?
I eat 1/4 pound beef liver every week now, and one jar or tin of oysters.
Been eating the liver for probably five months now consistently.....prior I tried it for a short time and didn't notice anything.
I noticed heart palpitations got better once I started eating the beef liver this time around, but didn't really notice anything else.

youngsinatra

I eat 1/4 pound beef liver every week now, and one jar or tin of oysters.
Been eating the liver for probably five months now consistently.....prior I tried it for a short time and didn't notice anything.
I noticed heart palpitations got better once I started eating the beef liver this time around, but didn't really notice anything else.
Okay so it‘s probably not copper deficiency👍🏼

mgrabs

I see my last post was 2018.
I stopped my thyroid meds at that time and didn't like where my labs went. Then I restarted and kept adjusting until I was just barely over range on Free T4 and Free T3.
Still felt zero effect from thyroid meds. So i stopped again in 2021. After 6 months TSH was 3.9. Free T4 in lower part of range. Free T3 just about perfect.
Still felt no difference with meds and without meds.
Restarted thyroid meds late in 2021 just for the sole purpose of bringing TSH down since it's an inflammatory hormone from what I've read.
Been on it since.

Most of the time I do feel better than 2018, and sometimes I feel pretty close to normal, but never quite there for the entire day.
Cholesterol a little high, glucose a little high, testosterone too low, white blood cells just below range.
So not sure what else to do. I just try to do healthy things every day and what happens, happens.
Stress is the one thing I can't get rid of and it definitely affects my health. Social situations will also affect my health since I'm an introvert.
Still no idea why I don't feel much from thyroid meds. I could eat a 5 mcg T3 pill one after another all day long, and I don't think I would feel a thing (I experimented a couple times.)
Maybe try pregnenolone to help your stress & adrenals

mgrabs

I tried that for a few months....didn't notice anything.
Wow What dose? It takes time for it to repair the adrenals. I keep getting told from the doctor to treat the adrenals first and introduce thyroid after and during