Can't Get Morning Temp Over 36c / 96.8f

Prosper

I'm always around 35.5 - 35.8 after waking up. Over the day the temp climbs up and peaks at 36.7c / 98f. I eat 2k-3k calories a day, mostly potatoes, meat, butter, honey and fruits. Sedentary 5'8 male. TSH over 2. Sleep 9-10 hours a night, always wake up groggy, angry and asocial.

Nothing I do seems to help. What gives?

YourUniverse

Calcium, sunlight? Both are important for lowering TSH.

Taking thyroid? Drinking coffee?

Anger corresponds to the liver in traditional chinese medicine. Healing the gut lining with fat and gelatin, and flushing fat with caffeine should help.

Have you tried a no-starch approach before?

Last edited:
OP
Prosper

Prosper

Calcium, sunlight? Both are important for lowering TSH.

Taking thyroid? Drinking coffee?

Liver corresponds to anger in traditional chinese medicine. Healing the gut lining with fat and gelatin, and flushing fat with caffeine should help.

Have you tried a no-starch approach before?
Thanks for the response. Getting 1-2 grams of calcium per day and I take walks in the sun everyday. Not taking thyroid, coffee is euphoric at first but worse in the long term, which is why I don't drink it at all. Already taking 60-100g fat a day and 1-2 teaspoons of gelatin with meals. Without starches my peak temps are a little lower than with starches.

Just got ferritin tested today, since I lived mostly on cheese and potatoes for a few months in the spring and noticed an increase in cravings for raw red meat.

JustAGuy

Ever tried drastically lowering fluid intake?
For me this greatly increases my temps, especially in the morning. If I drink lots of fluids or have a lot of "yin" foods (fruits/vegetables etc.) I get cold very quickly.
I only drink when thirsty, and when I am thirsty I take a few sips of water (despite feeling like I can chug down a few glasses).
Suprisingly 15 minutes later my thirst is gone despite only having a few sips.

OP
Prosper

Prosper

For me this greatly increases my temps, especially in the morning. If I drink lots of fluids or have a lot of "yin" foods (fruits/vegetables etc.) I get cold very quickly.
I only drink when thirsty, and when I am thirsty I take a few sips of water (despite feeling like I can chug down a few glasses).
That is an interesting suggestion. I habitually keep a huge glass of water next to me when I'm at computer. I often take sips, not to thirst, but to cool & moisturize my mouth, as it feels nice. Thanks, I'll try drinking only to strong thirst from now on.

rawmeat

I second this. If I drink a lot at breakfast, my temps will drop below my waking temps.

If your urine is CLEAR, you are OVERHYDRATED, and this is very stressful to the body. Your urine should always be YELLOW. Sodium levels drop if you are overhydrated, and this onsets a cascade of stress symptoms. Something I find helpful is taking a teaspoon of salt on some mornings with a glass of OJ. This will help your temps.

To wake with better temps, have a warm glass of milk with a tbs of gelatin (or casein protein) and sugar before bed. This will blunt some of the stress response that happens overnight.

tankasnowgod

I'm always around 35.5 - 35.8 after waking up. Over the day the temp climbs up and peaks at 36.7c / 98f. I eat 2k-3k calories a day, mostly potatoes, meat, butter, honey and fruits. Sedentary 5'8 male. TSH over 2. Sleep 9-10 hours a night, always wake up groggy, angry and asocial.

Nothing I do seems to help. What gives?

I've been mentioning this to a lot of people.... but look into Inclined Bed Therapy. It keeps the circulation going at night, and prevents the "normal" drop in body temperature. Every time I have measured my temps upon waking since starting, it's been 98.6, with no signs of running on adrenaline. Thread on it here- https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/inclined-bed-therapy.23450/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals