Leaky Gut And Circulation Problems

Interactome

Is there any advice on how to seal a leaky gut?
What could be some of the causes?
What influences the production of mucus and the tightness of the junctions?
Is an elimination diet the only way?
Is the microbiome important for the integrity of the gut barrier and mucus production, or is any bug a bad bug?

Certain foods (esp. dairy) cause the circulation to my feet to worsen very quickly, so undigested stuff probably gets through causing all kinds of havoc in the blood vessels and tissues. I don't understand why it doesn't heal. It's been going on for over 1 year now.

No constipation or anything crazy. Some slight occasional nausea.

I've been taking
- 1-5mg 5mthf
- 50mg b1
- 8mg b7
- 5-10mg MeB12
- 50-100mg B2 on and off
- CoQ10
- 10mg methylene blue
- 2mg cypro
- 200mg Pregnenolone
- 20g glycine
- 2g taurine
- just started some NDT about 5-6 drops/day ... don't feel much yet, but maybe I should measure my pulse/temp?

Diet right now:
- .5L OJ, bananas, honey dew melons, coke
- turkey
- whey protein
- some kale broth
- rice
- masa
- occasionally a piece of cheese
- ~30g refined coconut oil
- 1-2 carrots or some bamboo shoots with rice

If I drink too much OJ I feel some more nausea, so I don't know if I should cut it.

Last edited:

WestCoaster

Home made bone broth does wonders for leaky gut. I emphasize home made because you can buy it pre-made and I've found with a few varieties i've bought it doesn't gel in the fridge, which makes it very suspect.

OP
I

Interactome

Home made bone broth does wonders for leaky gut. I emphasize home made because you can buy it pre-made and I've found with a few varieties i've bought it doesn't gel in the fridge, which makes it very suspect.

I can try it again. I stopped because the small amount of fat is enough to cause some injury flaring up. Do your know what in the broth could be important for stomach healing? I take glycine, but that did not do much.

OP
I

Interactome

I will try some sort of elimination diet for a few days first. I'll cut out the most likely offenders first and keep all else equal. So:

Carbs: bananas, honey dew, pear, white rice, 500 ml coke
Protein: turkey, chicken, shrimp, whey, glycine
Fat: refined coconut oil

Vegetables: red bell peppers, kale broth

Doludolu

I will try some sort of elimination diet for a few days first. I'll cut out the most likely offenders first and keep all else equal. So:

Carbs: bananas, honey dew, pear, white rice, 500 ml coke
Protein: turkey, chicken, shrimp, whey, glycine
Fat: refined coconut oil

Vegetables: red bell peppers, kale broth

Hey if you have leaky gut you will react to lots of proteins. I'd ditch shrimps too, they're often allergenic. I know some people that are allergenic to whey also(test it yourself in morning on empty stomach with QJ for example). For leaky gut my advice is to avoid dairy, eggs, soy, wheat, fish, shellfish (crabs,shrimps), peanuts, , corn, and grains (lectins). For sealing leaky gut eat bone broth, gelatin, fermented foods if you don't have any histamine reactions, up anti-inflammatory and high antioxidant foods. Bone broth fast is very healing. For supplements, scientifically proven to heal the gut lining are L-glutamine and Zinc, also include Collagen (type 2 is the best), probiotics are very needed for healthy gut lining, Glucosamine chondroitin, MSM, glycine-proline, magnesium and potassium, B group vitamins.

LucH

Hi,
What advises Doludolu is fine but if you don't track allergens / intolerances, you won't recover.
If you eliminate only 50 or 80 % antibodies you won't get better. You have to stop completely inflammation and what triggers immunity (leaky gut).
Another way, much more accurate would be to fast 3 or 4 days a month, under supervision of a therapist. Only water.
Otherwise think dysbiosis and low-grade inflammation and see what's troubling your transit and your energy level: Gluten or FOMAP or excess of solanines, etc.? Take into account that each person is different...
See "The end of pain" by Jacqueline Lagacée, or her new book, in French, "Une alimentation ciblée pour préserver ou retrouver la santé de l'intestin"
Hope it will help.

OP
I

Interactome

Hey if you have leaky gut you will react to lots of proteins. I'd ditch shrimps too, they're often allergenic. I know some people that are allergenic to whey also(test it yourself in morning on empty stomach with QJ for example). For leaky gut my advice is to avoid dairy, eggs, soy, wheat, fish, shellfish (crabs,shrimps), peanuts, , corn, and grains (lectins). For sealing leaky gut eat bone broth, gelatin, fermented foods if you don't have any histamine reactions, up anti-inflammatory and high antioxidant foods. Bone broth fast is very healing. For supplements, scientifically proven to heal the gut lining are L-glutamine and Zinc, also include Collagen (type 2 is the best), probiotics are very needed for healthy gut lining, Glucosamine chondroitin, MSM, glycine-proline, magnesium and potassium, B group vitamins.

Hi. Thanks for the suggestions. I have some IgG antibody food tests, but I don't know if that's the entire story for why my gut should stay leaky. I've read that IgG's are just cleaning up what gets in. IgE were negative for all foods that were tested.

I'm split about the probiotics and glutamine. So much conflicting info. I took probiotics in the beginning of the year for a few months, but I don't know if they helped in any way. Do you have any theories about why they should be good for leaky gut? Some people on the forum also seem not to be too happy about glutamine supplementation.

I don't eat shrimp that often (2x/week) and haven't noticed much about them, but I'll take a few weeks off and introduce them carefully looking for symptoms.

I don't know what to do about OJ. I can drink it, but it might be keeping my gut more leaky bc I feel some nausea if I drink too much.

I was taking goat whey because I thought it might be easier to digest and get some protein in. Casein on the other hand, I definitely react to. I feel it as a loss of sensation in my feet and toe nails get brittle and pill off easily.

I also take some MSM actually. About 2-3g/day.

I haven't tried proline yet. Maybe I should try the gelatine (green Great lakes can) again.

For Magnesium I'm thinking of Epsom salt foot baths. I don't know how much is gonna get absorbed though.

OP
I

Interactome

Hi,
What advises Doludolu is fine but if you don't track allergens / intolerances, you won't recover.
If you eliminate only 50 or 80 % antibodies you won't get better. You have to stop completely inflammation and what triggers immunity (leaky gut).
Another way, much more accurate would be to fast 3 or 4 days a month, under supervision of a therapist. Only water.
Otherwise think dysbiosis and low-grade inflammation and see what's troubling your transit and your energy level: Gluten or FOMAP or excess of solanines, etc.? Take into account that each person is different...
See "The end of pain" by Jacqueline Lagacée, or her new book, in French, "Une alimentation ciblée pour préserver ou retrouver la santé de l'intestin"
Hope it will help.

Ok, thanks. So it has to be 100% elimination... Maybe that's why nothing is helping. More supplements will not fix it then. I'll read about FODMAPs, the book and the other things.

I'll try to incorporate some water fasting 1x/week. I think I did it wrong last time by fruit fasting... which of course just makes it worse if I'm somehow intolerant. It's just that the IgG test didn't show anything for any fruit. Nor IgE... I guess there must be more to it than that then.

Sometimes transit is quite fast. Often I see stuff coming out 10 hours later. Often I see that it's not digested properly.

Interactome

Well i used to feel that

I believe its high serotonine

I fixed in a matter of hours
With 500 mg of niacinamide 3 times a day

But u need to load up your self with sugarish food 3 times a day
At least 60 grams of sugar

Rice if u feel good eating it
Eat it 3 times a day

Indigestion is high serotonin
And leg pain and circulation is also high serotonine and cortisol

Keep niacinamide away from coffee

Its a very strong b vitamin

Stop the whey protein asap
Its so bad and pro inflammatory

Its the worst product for gut issues

Eat solid food
Specially high in fibers
Like rice
Oats
Bread

Stop drinking milk and oj
Just sip a lil bit eevery now and then

Thats my opinion
And humble advice

Good luck

Dobbler

Stop the whey protein asap
Its so bad and pro inflammatory

Its the worst product for gut issues

Eat solid food
Specially high in fibers
Like rice
Oats
Bread

Stop drinking milk and oj
Just sip a lil bit eevery now and then

Thats my opinion
And humble advice

Good luck
Whey isolate has no lactose or casein which can be problematic for leaky gut. Its much more less likely to cause problems compared to other dairy. Grains, especially gluten cause leaky gut EVEN if you dont have it... bread and oats too are WORST foods you can eat for leaky gut. White Jasmine Rice is safest option, brown rice is BAD because of lectins, saponins etc. other anti-nutrients in the hull. Milk can cause problems, see how you feel after consumin it. OJ is TOTALLY leaky gut safe, it has nothing that causes leaky gut.

LucH

1. So it has to be 100% elimination... Maybe that's why nothing is helping. More supplements will not fix it then.
2. I'll try to incorporate some water fasting 1x/week. I think I did it wrong last time by fruit fasting...
1. I confirm: 100 %, not 99 % (memory) when auto-immune reaction.
2. I would begin with one day every 2 weeks, only to get accustomed. But you will only get benefit from fasting when you enter the mode repair. It take 2 - 3 days to enter lipolysis mode and to produce ketones (ketosis). Afterwards your metabolism progressively adapt to ketosis.
If you drink something else than water (fruit juice or soup) it won't work much, if not at all. And don't be afraid of a release period (evacuated toxins). We call it "désencrassage" in French. Generally it lasts 2 weeks.
If you want to read more about why fasting (not how), read "Fasting and eating for Health" by Joel Furhman, MD.
You're not obliged to adhere to everything he says but it makes sense most of the time (medical practice).

OP
I

Interactome

Whey isolate has no lactose or casein which can be problematic for leaky gut. Its much more less likely to cause problems compared to other dairy. Grains, especially gluten cause leaky gut EVEN if you dont have it... bread and oats too are WORST foods you can eat for leaky gut. White Jasmine Rice is safest option, brown rice is BAD because of lectins, saponins etc. other anti-nutrients in the hull. Milk can cause problems, see how you feel after consumin it. OJ is TOTALLY leaky gut safe, it has nothing that causes leaky gut.

Yes, casein definitely is bad form my circulation. I didn't always have this problem. It developed over the past couple of years after I started consuming it again in higher doses together with fruit. I think it's because I don't digest it properly and because of the leaky gut.

I've been sticking to my restricted diet (and no OJ) for 8 days now and my circulation to my feet has improved a bit. I think in the case of OJ it's the salicylates that's the problem. Maybe it's the same with other fruits. Not 100% sure though.

2. I would begin with one day every 2 weeks, only to get accustomed. But you will only get benefit from fasting when you enter the mode repair. It take 2 - 3 days to enter lipolysis mode and to produce ketones (ketosis). Afterwards your metabolism progressively adapt to ketosis.
If you drink something else than water (fruit juice or soup) it won't work much, if not at all. And don't be afraid of a release period (evacuated toxins). We call it "désencrassage" in French. Generally it lasts 2 weeks.

I have water fasted during my more paleo days. But isn't a ketogenic diet anti-Peat? I also don't do well on fat anymore. It triggers inflammation in my injuries. And I'm Aspirin intolerant for unknown reasons.

I believe its high serotonine

I fixed in a matter of hours
With 500 mg of niacinamide 3 times a day

I don't seem to do well on supplemental niacinamide. I still don't know why.

LucH

I have water fasted during my more paleo days. But isn't a ketogenic diet anti-Peat? I also don't do well on fat anymore. It triggers inflammation in my injuries. And I'm Aspirin intolerant for unknown reasons.
You can't fast if you eat paleo. I don't advice you to follow a paleo diet. But when you fast, you enter ketosis after 2 or 3 days.
When you fast, you only drink water.
Excerpt:
Therapeutic fasting is not a mystical or magical cure. It works because the body has within it the capacity to heal when the obstacles to healing are removed. Health is the normal state. Most chronic disease is the inevitable consequence of living a life-style that places disease-causing stressors on the human organism. Fasting gives the body an interlude without those stressors so that it can speedily repair or accomplish healing that could not otherwise occur in the feeding state.
Fasting stops the continual work of the digestive tract, whose activity can drain the body of energy and divert the healing processes. Each time we take in food, the body must secrete digestive enzymes to break down the food, move these simpler components into the cells lining the digestive tract, and further move these nutrients into the bloodstream for distribution throughout the body. All of these functions require a substantial amount of vitality and energy—energy that might otherwise be used to fuel the healing process.
Each time we take in food we take in not only nutrients but also additives and other toxins. The digestive tract, the liver, the kidney, and other organs must work to remove these non-nutritive substances from the body. These wastes include by-products of digestion, bacterial by-products from the decomposition of inadequately digested foodstuffs, and excess nutrients the body cannot use. All these as well as the waste products of normal cellular metabolism must be actively eliminated for us to maintain excellent health.
Food, therefore, while providing essential nutrients for life, also introduces toxins. Fasting, particularly when we are ill and the body is already overburdened with self-produced wastes, can provide a welcome relief by halting the introduction of further toxins and waste products. Without this extra burden, the body is finally able to heal itself.
Joel Fuhrman, MD
PS: I inform you. I don't advice any diet. Read the book if you aren't yet convinced.

Ukall

I can try it again. I stopped because the small amount of fat is enough to cause some injury flaring up.
This happens to me also, but I really wonder if it is because of the fat or if it is because of the Bone Broth "magic".
I mean, I've already eaten 12 eggs yolks a day which supposedly have lots of PUFA and I didn't have the same reaction of everything starting to flare up. Even when I was eating seeds, nuts, etc (all high PUFA content), the same wouldn't happen either.
So I don't think it's the fat to be honest...

Bone Broth for Autoimmune Support - Wellness Alternatives of Penn Valley, CA

It seems for those who suffer from autoimmune issues, bone broth seems to be not that optimal.

But glad you wrote your situation here.
I don't know if you only have the physical issues that you've mentioned or if when you eat a certain food, your brain functions go literally down hill also (brain fog, brain fatigue, ADHD, OCD, etc). In my case, I could put here my never ending list of symptoms.

1. I confirm: 100 %, not 99 % (memory) when auto-immune reaction.
If you want to read more about why fasting (not how), read "Fasting and eating for Health" by Joel Furhman, MD.
You're not obliged to adhere to everything he says but it makes sense most of the time (medical practice).
I never saw fasting as a solution. In my country, fasting "doesn't exist". Finding a therapist would basically be a mission impossible.

Though, I've read about substances that trigger our immune system and I am talking about the well known lectins.

I also don't advice any diet. I just want a diet that works for me, that's all. And, unfortunately, I feel like I am so far way to find out that bright light at the of the tunnel.

I've talked with Joe from Selfhacked.com, because when I read his story, it seemed like he was literally copy+pasting my life story.
He didn't say to me to fast, but he said to me to do some kind of an Elemental Diet where Meat, Chicken and Fish would be only the foods allowed in the beginning. The only problem is how to get calories: Coconut Oil gives me adrenaline rushes, Ghee here is 99.9% Dairy Free, and I am not even considering other forms of fat (I would probably get inflammation too. Unless you guys know another good source of fat allergic free). So the only source of fat left is EV Olive Oil. I have to literally drink olive oil to get calories. Now that I think about it, it would be "funny" if olive oil would also trigger my immune system...

I must say that I was starting doing it. I have to supplement the rest of the micro nutrients (I was using this one Life Extension Mix™ Powder, 420 grams (14.81 oz) , which, jesus, it has so much things on it that I even wonder if I am getting inflammation from it also. Plus Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin K and Potassium supplements (this last one scares me a bit. I was taking Potassium Bicarbonate, but potassium supplements seems to be very dangerous (are they...?)).
On the third day, my skin and muscles started to become very flaky. They become easily marked when I did some pressure on my them. Actually, my skin/muscles under my feet started to be so thin and flaky, that I was literately walking with my feet bones (which kinda hurts).
I had to stop. I was very confused: I didn't known if it was because I was going very low / zero carbs with lots of olive oil that my skin became like this or if it was because of all the supplements. Or was I entering ketosis? Was I losing too much water even though I was drinking some? I simply don't know the answer.
However, after this experience, even today, eating "normally" (this is, having carbs daily), my skin and muscles are still flaky.
Always like this: easy to do harm. Hard to repair and rebuild.

Now I feel like I am on an impasse: I have to get some balls and do something to change my life, otherwise I will continue to be this OCD, ADHD kid with 25 years old that can't do anything for his life.

I don't intend to fast, at least it's not at option for me right now.
https://selfhacked.com/2014/05/04/elimination-diet-safest-foods-people-sensitive-everything/
This protocol of doing a Elemental / Lection Avoidance Diet seems plausible. The problem is that I am too scared to do this alone. I feel like I am only putting my life in danger more. Any weird symptoms, anything different change that happens in my body I immediately start to feel very worried (though, here, I don't know if it were because of the supplements, but I could have had some panic attacks during the experience. I felt them arise, but I was so calm that even when I was on a loop of negatives thoughts, I would remain calm. It was weird thing, since I have been having some panic attacks lately.)

I.. I don't know... I just wish I could engulf milk and other peaty foods all the day without any inflammation symptoms...
Whining won't get me anywhere though...
Has anyone tried such a diet?

Last edited:
OP
I

Interactome

What do you feel ?

I'm not sure what the problem is. It's my thirst that gets worse. Some people have said 1.5 years ago that I ate too alkaline and also that I might have had a "mild" Reye's syndrome-like reaction to baby Aspirin (I think I might have a fatty acid metabolism problem which together with my fasting caused it), in which case I think many of my mitochondria got somehow partially blocked and they might still be so... or died. So if I should make hypotheses:

1. either Niacinamide depletes another vitamin (SAMe) which makes my salicylate blockage worse, or
2. it's because it's too alkaline being an amide, or
3. both

How would one revive or get lots of new mitochondria in all cells? Maybe I should try some exercise...

OP
I

Interactome

@LucH
I give up. I'll try semi fasting and paleo. I did it many years ago and I remember I was feeling good. And most of my problems started after introducing more and more carbs. I'll do it more moderate with some partial/intermittent fasting for a few days. I'll eat 2 semi paleo meals in the late afternoon and evening with 20% carbs 30% fat 50% protein. Will keep carbs to around 100g/day.

OP
I

Interactome

Will try 1 protein + fat (refined coconut oil) meal only today with only 1 piece of fruit to push faster into ketosis. Next I'll try to go for ~ 20% carbs 25% protein 55% fat since I don't think my kidneys are happy for too much protein.

Last edited:

Peatogenic

Hi,
Hope it will help.

Having trouble understanding how fasting would help. It would slow to a halt peristalsis and seem to create more imbalance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals