Next Thyroid supplement

OP
N

Nstocks

Yes and that works within 18-24 hours of taking it. It gives me diarrhea and I don't like taking it too often (usually once a week).

sweetpeat

I get diarrhea too, if I take too much. I had to play around a bit and find a dosage that gives me a good balance between constipation and diarrhea.
Is there a reason you don't drink coffee more often, seeing as how it seems to help? Just curious...

OP
N

Nstocks

The coffee sometimes gives me hyperventilation for some reason. I find that my heart starts to race and I have shortness of breath. It's not too often but when it happen I become even more lethargic.

tara

Nstocks said:
Yes and that works within 18-24 hours of taking it. It gives me diarrhea and I don't like taking it too often (usually once a week).
I've been really happy with taking a little cascara sagrada every day for the last couple of months. I use one capsule (~400mg?) brewed to a tea over 2-3 days, a slurp or two morning and night.
Better than getting occasional constipation, taking one or two capsules, getting diarrhea, backing off till the next time round.

OP
N

Nstocks

I will look into making the cascara tea. Do you just open the capsule and filter it once brewed or drink the power too? Do you drink it cold or re-heat it?

This may sound very wishy-washy but I everyday I feel allergic. Everything it tight, stressed, blocked up. My eyes are always tired (have been for years and paleo didn't help), nose is always blocked (neti pot helps but daily is very irritating). Perhaps I will just give charcoal a go. Maybe there is some parasite that is contributing to my issues - I tried dozens of fermented foods on paleo to balance my gut but it was a waste of time.

There are some severe side effects of activated charcoal with my biggest fear of being constipated even longer. Is there any known issue with taking cascara (low dose) and activated charcoal?

tara

I cut and empty a cascara capsule into the pot, add a good cup or so of water, heat and boil briefly, let it sit for a little while, pour into cup, maybe leaving some sediment behind. I haven't been bothering to strain, but you could - I've been leaving the last of the sediment in the cup, but probably drinking a little too - I doubt it make much difference for me. I have the first slurp or two warm, then cold for subsequent mouthfuls till finished 2-3 days later.

I'm sure you know what I generally say about a blocked nose, so I'll restrain myself. :)
Have you had your eyesight tested? Maybe glasses would relieve tired eyes?
Is the allergy feeling seasonally associated with current pollens?

I don't know about any reason not to use cascara with activated charcoal, other than the charcoal risks themselves.

OP
N

Nstocks

Do tell :D I don't know what you say about a blocked nose.

Allergy isn't seasonal. I've never been hungover but I imagine the feeling; hung over like the body isn't capable of pushing itself to recover. Whatever that means!

More breakouts today, small painful spots with some inflammation. It's weird, I only ever get breakouts along my chin/jawline. Although I can't grow a full beard it seems the parts with facial hair seem to acclimate congestion? Shaving it clean off doesn't help though so it must be something deep in the skin that keeps pushing itself out.

I'll give the charcoal a go, I can't get much worse! :roll: Enema bag at the ready LOL.

tara

Nstocks said:
Do tell :D I don't know what you say about a blocked nose.
I used to think I breathed through my mouth because my nose was blocked. Now I think my nose was blocked because I breathed through my mouth.
Hyperventilation (eg from mouth breathing) tends to swell nasal passages and increase mucus production, possibly in an attempt to reduce breathing and increase CO2 levels (unsuccessfully in the case of mouth breathing).
I have had a lot less nasal congestion since I learned to keep my mouth shut at night. I had to use mechanical means.

OP
N

Nstocks

I'm nearly out of Cynoplus and my temp has stayed the same for a few weeks. (still on half a grain)

At this point would it be a good idea to check what my levels are? I know Ray suggest TSH Total T4 and Total T3 and I've found this home blood test that includes T3, T4, Total T4, Thyroid Antibodies and TSH. It's on promotion at £99 which is pretty darn cheap if I recall the last time I wanted private tests.

https://www.medichecks.com/find-a-test/ ... -Plus_TF2/

I had some thyroids test carried out by the NHS after months of going back to the Doctor. It would be good to see how things have actually changed since then... If my blood work shows it at least.

Maybe Cholesterol as well?

EDIT: I've always wanted to know exactly how the lab figure out from blood the levels of any given hormone. If anyone is wiser, please do share as it's very interesting to me. The only methods I can remember from school are microscopes and chemical reactions?

OP
N

Nstocks

So I've completely ran out of Cynoplus and my feet are feeling the effects (frozen).

Should I a) buy another bottle of cynoplus and content half a grain in the am and half in the pm or b) order private tests for any single thyroid marker and go from there in terms of getting cytomel instead?

Waking temp is around 36C, dropping at around 2pm to 35.8C

Strongbad

Worse case scenario, drink a lot of coffee. Haidut posted that caffeine acts similarly to thyroid supplement.

Make sure to put lots of fructose / sugar on it to fill up the glycogen. Caffeine will deplete it quickly.

OP
N

Nstocks

I drink about 2 cups of drip coffee a few times a week with a tablespoon on sugar and recently a teaspoon of glycine. I don't drink it daily because I'm not yet sure if it's contributing to my jawline acne...

That and the fact that I always have issues breathing (hyperventilation) after coffee. I'm currently reading through this for more info but I don't think coffee is enough to fix my issues. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/caffeine.shtml

Strongbad

Nstocks said:
I drink about 2 cups of drip coffee a few times a week with a tablespoon on sugar and recently a teaspoon of glycine. I don't drink it daily because I'm not yet sure if it's contributing to my jawline acne...

That and the fact that I always have issues breathing (hyperventilation) after coffee. I'm currently reading through this for more info but I don't think coffee is enough to fix my issues. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/caffeine.shtml

Nstocks said:
The coffee sometimes gives me hyperventilation for some reason. I find that my heart starts to race and I have shortness of breath. It's not too often but when it happen I become even more lethargic.

That's because you don't fill up the glycogen before or while drinking coffee. Coffee is pro-metabolism and it requires energy to do so, hence glycogen. If you have little or nothing on glycogen, it lowers blood sugar and stress hormones are produced, instead.

That's why you get hyperventilation, heart-racing, shortness of breath, lethargic. You don't put enough sugar (or fructose powder) with your coffee.

The acne on your jawlines? That means you have adrenaline rush aka. adrenal fatigue. Same reason above, not enough sugar/fructose powder with your coffee.

There will be a point that you put so much sugar with your coffee that it actually relaxes you and makes you sleepy.

I made the exact same mistake before and experienced all those symptoms. Fixed it immediately by adding tons of fructose powder in it. Fructose powder is better than sugar, BTW.

You should drink at least 2 cups of coffee everyday. I drink 3-4 sometimes.

OP
N

Nstocks

How about coconut sugar or could it contain too many allergens? This is less expensive and the review is comical: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BULK-POWDERS-BP ... s=fructose (although it dose make me wonder about the health of my liver, which can be linked to acne too)

Is there truly a better time in the day to drink coffee? I usually juice some oranges within 30 minutes of waking up, then 4-5 hour later coffee which is around 2pm.

Interesting topic with the 830nm red light... I have super powerful LED's on my reef aquarium so I'll ask the manufacturer for data on the red channel, might save me some money!

EDIT: Link isn't appearing, here is the review on Amazon.co.uk for fructose

"Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, MN, USA.
Abstract
Fructose is a monosaccharide which is abundant in nature. It is the sweetest naturally occurring carbohydrate. The availability of fructose increased substantially when it became possible in the 1960s to economically produce high fructose syrups from corn starch and other starches. Such high fructose syrups are now used to sweeten soft drinks, fruit drinks, baked goods, jams, syrups and candies. The most recent data available suggest that fructose consumption is increasing worldwide. Fructose presently accounts for about 10% of average total energy intake in the United States. Studies in both healthy and diabetic subjects demonstrated that fructose produced a smaller postprandial rise in plasma glucose and serum insulin than other common carbohydrates. Substitution of dietary fructose for other carbohydrates produced a 13% reduction in mean plasma glucose in a study of type-1 and type-2 diabetic subjects. However, there is concern that fructose may aggravate lipemia, particularly in men. In one study, daylong plasma triglycerides (estimated by determining the area under response curves) in healthy men was 32% greater during a high fructose diet than during a high glucose diet. There is also concern that fructose may be a factor contributing to the growing worldwide prevalence of obesity. Increasing fructose consumption is temporally associated with the increase in obesity. Moreover, on theoretical grounds, dietary fructose might increase energy intake. Fructose stimulates insulin secretion less than does glucose and glucose-containing carbohydrates. Since insulin increases leptin release, lower circulating insulin and leptin after fructose ingestion might inhibit appetite less than consumption of other carbohydrates and lead to increased energy intake. However, there is not yet any convincing experimental evidence that dietary fructose does increase energy intake. Although evidence that fructose has adverse effects is limited, adding fructose in large amounts to the diet may be undesirable, particularly for men. Fructose that occurs naturally in fruits and vegetables is a modest component of energy intake and should not be of concern."​

tara

If I were you I'd get some more cynoplus and keep investigating, maybe try to get some T3 too simultaneously (good luck getting cytomel at the moment). Suddenly dropping from 1/2 grain to nothing doesn't sound like fun.

Coffee has it's pros and potential cons (for me, anyway). If it works for you, great. It seems to cause me more trouble than it's worth so far.

OP
N

Nstocks

I read somewhere, perhaps on here that cytomel is hard to find? MMDS have it listed as "in stock". Would I still be better off with cyno ?

tara

Bear in mind that I don't have experience with this, just what I've read, so do get more experienced opinions as well.

I'd guess that even if you can get T3, and you benefit from using a little of it, you are likely to still benefit from using some cynoplus as well. Peat has suggested that most people who need thyroid supps do best with a T3:T4 ratio somewhere between 1:2 and1:4. A number of people, including Peat, have had trouble with supplementing T3 only. T3 has a very short half-life. He sometimes suggests tiny doses (eg nibble/1-2mcg) of T3 every few hours, and cynoplus in the evening.

tara

OP
N

Nstocks

tara said:
Regarding MMDS and cytomel, see this thread, if you haven't yet:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6269

Whoa. I didn't think as many people would order thyroid privately! (If Medicina are of course telling the truth)

I"ll order a couple of bottles of Cynoplus, based on one per day that's 100 days supply.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals