Help With Thyroid Please

I've been trying NDT for a couple weeks.

Morning temps 96.5 or so. HR around 60.

I am getting slightly higher temps after eating breakfast.

By the afternoon, maybe around 97.6 at the high point, although this is an improvement over before starting this journey. And by evening that is often 96.5 or even 96.

I'm now on 1 grain of NDT, plus some T3 during the day. I'm having days with joints aching and just really tired. I wonder if I shut down my high cortisol levels and my thyroid isn't keeping up.

Labs were TSH=3, whatever that's worth.

What is your advice as for adjusting NDT?

Thanks!

docall18

Try large doses of caffeine or a lot of coffee. Thyroid alone could never get my temps up.

natedawggh

A diet of fruits, potatoes, high protein. Avoid unsaturated fat. Take aspirin and niacinamide and taurine.

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm taking a lot of coffee. Lots.

Using taurine also. Aspirin doesn't agree with me at this point.

Diet is lots of lowfat cheese, yogurt, OJ, some muscle meats, fruits, potatoes.

OP
ecstatichamster
"By watching the temperature and pulse rate at different times of day, especially before and after meals, it's possible to separate some of the effects of stress from the thyroid-dependent, relatively “basal” metabolic rate. When beginning to take a thyroid supplement, it's important to keep a chart of these measurements for at least two weeks, since that's roughly the half-life of thyroxine in the body. When the body has accumulated a steady level of the hormones, and begun to function more fully, the factors such as adrenaline that have been chronically distorted to compensate for hypothyroidism will have begun to normalize, and the early effects of the supplementary thyroid will in many cases seem to disappear, with heart rate and temperature declining. The daily dose of thyroid often has to be increased several times, as the state of stress and the adrenaline and cortisol production decrease."

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/hy ... dism.shtml

I think that is what has been going on.

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm finding that my temps are now in the 98F+ range for awhile mid morning through mid afternoon. I'm using lights as usual. Waking temps are still lowish, but I am sustaining a decent Circadian rise in temps.

I'm tapering off thyroid again. I was up to about 140mcg of T4 and maybe 30mcg of T3, now down to about 40mcg of T4 and 15mcg or T3.

My temps have been BETTER since I started tapering. I've felt really sleepy and not so good over the past week but I think that's just to be expected.

I'm taking aspirin 1g to 2g per day, and niacinamide 500mg, and thiamine 500mg, and taurine 1g, a bunch of vitamin E, about 10mg of K2, and maybe 10,000 units of D3.

Still haven't lost a bit of weight.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals