High Doses Of Thyroid

ampersand

I've been taking Thiroyd since July 19th. I started out with 1/4 grain per day, and gradually increased by small increments over the weeks. I now generally take 3-4 grains per day, and have been feeling pretty good. Not amazing but not terrible either. I have had no hyperthyroid type symptoms at all, aside from being able to feel my heartbeat at night lying in bed, like Charlie described. It's not unpleasant and doesn't worry me. My morning temps upon waking are always between 97.9 and 98.2, and throughout the day I'm generally between 98.4 - 99.0 but it's mostly right at 98.6. Pulse has been ranging from 75-95.

This morning I took two grains first thing in the morning, and a 3rd grain around 2 1/2 hours later. What does it mean that I can take such high doses and not feel any negative symptoms? I just checked and my pulse is around 93, my blood pressure is in the normal range and my temp is 98.6.

I've been losing hair, but I was losing hair before starting thyroid, so I'm not particularly worried about it yet, as I know a lot of people claimed it took a while for hair to start getting thicker.

I'm also taking progest-e, and very small doses of pansterone.

I also take retinil & energin (both topically); Dr. Ron's B complex, vit. D and multivitamin; thorne vitamin K; topical magnesium oil, & floradix iron. I'm somewhat sporadic about taking supplements though, some days I only take some of them, some days none at all.

I don't have any urgent questions or serious problems I need help with, just curious about these high doses of thiroyd with relative lack of negative reaction. For what it's worth I've never been particularly sensitive when it comes to immediate reactions to stuff. I've never felt anything in particular from caffeine for example.

My temps and pulse were reasonable before starting thiroyd but have certainly improved. I've also lost around 10 lbs of weight that had not budged for years. I am still around 30lbs overweight but I am trying to eat more (and more often) as I have been concerned about not having much of an appetite for most of the day. I consume most of my calories between 2-5pm and 9pm. My diet is pretty good and fairly Peatish.

I posted more background info here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7158&p=88678#p88678

answersfound

ampersand said:
I've been taking Thiroyd since July 19th. I started out with 1/4 grain per day, and gradually increased by small increments over the weeks. I now generally take 3-4 grains per day, and have been feeling pretty good. Not amazing but not terrible either. I have had no hyperthyroid type symptoms at all, aside from being able to feel my heartbeat at night lying in bed, like Charlie described. It's not unpleasant and doesn't worry me. My morning temps upon waking are always between 97.9 and 98.2, and throughout the day I'm generally between 98.4 - 99.0 but it's mostly right at 98.6. Pulse has been ranging from 75-95.

This morning I took two grains first thing in the morning, and a 3rd grain around 2 1/2 hours later. What does it mean that I can take such high doses and not feel any negative symptoms? I just checked and my pulse is around 93, my blood pressure is in the normal range and my temp is 98.6.

I've been losing hair, but I was losing hair before starting thyroid, so I'm not particularly worried about it yet, as I know a lot of people claimed it took a while for hair to start getting thicker.

I'm also taking progest-e, and very small doses of pansterone.

I also take retinil & energin (both topically); Dr. Ron's B complex, vit. D and multivitamin; thorne vitamin K; topical magnesium oil, & floradix iron. I'm somewhat sporadic about taking supplements though, some days I only take some of them, some days none at all.

I don't have any urgent questions or serious problems I need help with, just curious about these high doses of thiroyd with relative lack of negative reaction. For what it's worth I've never been particularly sensitive when it comes to immediate reactions to stuff. I've never felt anything in particular from caffeine for example.

My temps and pulse were reasonable before starting thiroyd but have certainly improved. I've also lost around 10 lbs of weight that had not budged for years. I am still around 30lbs overweight but I am trying to eat more (and more often) as I have been concerned about not having much of an appetite for most of the day. I consume most of my calories between 2-5pm and 9pm. My diet is pretty good and fairly Peatish.

I posted more background info here: https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/view ... 678#p88678

I'm not sure exactly. But maybe you have PUFA's that are interfering with T3 uptake, so therefore, you need more thyroid. Also, maybe your liver health isn't great and doesn't convert T4 well, so that could be a reason why you need more thyroid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals