Should One Aim For Higher Than 98.6 F Under NDT (a Little Hyperthyroid)?

Yann

I heard or read Ray Peat recommending in a few cases to be somewhat a little hyperthyroid but could not find anywhere how does this translate in terms of mid-morning temperature. In other words, is there added benefits to taking NDT even though you are achieving 37.0 °C (98.6 F) without it, and if taking NDT what would be the "somewhat hyperthyroid" mid-morning temperature to shoot for?

More context:
I've been following Ray Peat's guidelines for about a year now and started on NDT (Idealabs) after reading Broda Barnes book, Thyroid the Unsuspected Illness. I was measuring low body temperatures (mid-morning at about 97.5 F) and started taking NDT at a dose of 1, than 1.5, than 2, than 3 grains during the course of a few months. I've been able to increase my mid-morning body temperature above 37,0°C (98.6 F) and than reduced my NDT dosage to 0.5 grains while still achieving high temperatures.

I now have a mid-morning temperature of around 37.5 °C (99.5 F) under 0.5 grains, so I think at this point I could just come off the NDT and still achieve mid-morning temperature of 37.0 °C (98.6 F) and only take it sporadically. Thus why I am asking if there are benefits to being a little hyperthyroid and what mid-morning temperature to shoot for.

Thanks!

Spartan300

@Yann Great to hear of your success. How have you been taking your NDT ?
A few drops at regular intervals?

Also, have you seen any benefits from the improved temps? Sleep, libido, body composition etc?

Neeters 27

I heard or read Ray Peat recommending in a few cases to be somewhat a little hyperthyroid but could not find anywhere how does this translate in terms of mid-morning temperature. In other words, is there added benefits to taking NDT even though you are achieving 37.0 °C (98.6 F) without it, and if taking NDT what would be the "somewhat hyperthyroid" mid-morning temperature to shoot for?

More context:
I've been following Ray Peat's guidelines for about a year now and started on NDT (Idealabs) after reading Broda Barnes book, Thyroid the Unsuspected Illness. I was measuring low body temperatures (mid-morning at about 97.5 F) and started taking NDT at a dose of 1, than 1.5, than 2, than 3 grains during the course of a few months. I've been able to increase my mid-morning body temperature above 37,0°C (98.6 F) and than reduced my NDT dosage to 0.5 grains while still achieving high temperatures.

I now have a mid-morning temperature of around 37.5 °C (99.5 F) under 0.5 grains, so I think at this point I could just come off the NDT and still achieve mid-morning temperature of 37.0 °C (98.6 F) and only take it sporadically. Thus why I am asking if there are benefits to being a little hyperthyroid and what mid-morning temperature to shoot for.

Thanks!
I wouldnt worry about mid morning, your highest temperature of ideal 98.6 should be in the afternoon if your circadian rhythm is good. too high temperature could mean your adrenals are trying to COMPENSATE for the lower thyroid function and that is definitely NOT good. you need to get bloodwork full thyroid panel to know if you have enough FREE t3 and t4. you can kill adrenals if you dont take thyroid when you should. thats how my adrenals died.
BTW 97.5 in the morning isnt low per se if you are a woman and still cycling, or have low hormone status. Progesterone will raise body temp as well. its not always thyroid. all hormones must be adequate and balanced!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals