Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Temperature Reset à La Steve Richfield

Discussion in 'Experiments' started by MyUsernameHere, Nov 5, 2016.

1. walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus Member

Someone suggested I try a temperature reset as part of dealing with anaesthesia and healing from minor surgery. I had a quick read and it sounded bizarre so I kinda didn't worry about it. But a week after surgery in warm weather I was constantly struggling with cold hands a feet. I use a contraceptive app the measures my temp in the morning, and it shows me usually around 36.2-36.7 so I thought I was ok... I mean it gets warmer second half of my cycle which is normal.

Took my temperature after lunch one day and it was 35.18 - HOLY CRAPBALLS no wonder I've been cold. Shouldn't I be deader? So I decided to try heating myself in the shower to get up to 37 - It took me 45 minutes in a 45 degree heat to get up the 37 degrees and I ran out of hot water soon after so couldn't maintain it. I dressed in my ski gear post shower and got under a blanket - EXTREMELY HOT, SWEATY and UNCOMFORTABLE. After ten mins my temperature had dropped down to 36.3 anyway, despite still being sweaty and uncomfortable.

The point of this post is - I didn't think my temp was that bad as my morning temps were relatively ok. But after having one little go at heating myself up to a normal temp - clearly my body is way more fckucked than I thought. Take your temperature a few times a day if you are feeling crap!

2. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I'm at low 98s now in the daytime. I wonder if I should try another reset, this time to 98.6? I think Steve Richfield would say "yes" but I'm not so sure.

I'm in the 97s when I wake and temps go up sometimes to mid 98s during the day. It is summer where I am...

3. Cirion

Cirion Member

Anyone here fixed their temp including waking temp yet??

I have been going through almost the exact same issues as others in this thread with no resolution. How do you fix your waking temp? I haven't seen anyone accomplish it yet. @tankasnowgod is literally the only forum poster here I know that managed a 98.6F waking temp, every day.

I can keep my temps at 98.6F all day from within an hr of waking but can not seem to wake up with 98.6F ever. I don't feel good unless I'm close to 98.6F waking up. I once managed like 98.4-98.5F and felt great. Have not been able to replicate. I like to think its just persistence, but I've been plateued for a while and clearly its possible because I did it once or twice just can't replicate it. Gonna start tracking more religiously on cronometer & make notes as I go

4. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I’m at 98.6 firing the day. Way better. Still about half a degree cold at waking.

5. Cirion

Cirion Member

That's about where I'm at too. Can't crack the last 0.5F for the life of me. I just feel soooo much better at 98.6F I wish I could always wake up at that temp I'd finally feel alive again I am tired of living this zombie lethargist life

6. tara

tara Member

I've not tried Richard's procedure, though I think it's interesting.

Noting that I think Broda Barnes aimed at a waking temp range of 97.8 - 98.2, and said that if you tried to push it higher than that with supplements, you risk reducing endogenous thyroid hormone production.
    I'm not saying it's impossible, and it seems some people succeed in getting waking temps consistently higher, but it looks as though that was Barnes experience with a number of patients.

My impression is that it's normal for the temp to get higher through the day and be slightly lower at night.

7. Cirion

Cirion Member

I agree with that, but I also think it should be close to 98.6 upon waking. It's been my personal subjective experience that any time my blood sugar is low, temperature is also low, and holds especially true in the morning for me. RP says that restful sleep can only happen with good metabolism (aka, blood sugar storage), and I can't see how temperature would not be close to 98.6 upon waking if blood sugars are stored because for me, the two are 1:1 synonymous with each other and I can now tell when my temp is below 98.6 just by how I feel and never have I felt good with lower than 98.6 whether its during the day or after waking up. In hypo, blood sugars will be super low in the mornings usually and in someone healthy they may still even be as high as 50% (RP says healthy individuals may be able to fast as long as 16 hrs).

At 98.2 I feel mostly OK (not perfect), but at the lower end of that range, 97.8... I unequivocally feel like I have been drugged, no exceptions. So I am not on board with 97.8 being OK

Anyway - yesterday was my first experimental day bumping up carbs and lowering fat intake - and I got 98.3F this morning, and felt pretty good :)