Low Cortisol / Poor Adrenal Function

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Ray had mentioned that T3 and cortisol work together and have to be in balance. Ray just never really elaborated on that. Others have written that T3 needs to "buddy up" with cortisol. T3 uses up cortisol. In my view, the adrenals are a much larger organ that the thyroid, and we have two, So they are more important if you had to choose. In stress, we use up alot of adrenal hormones. So I think it's prudent to at least keep them replenished. B5 and Vit C, plus the use of licorice here and there. Some even up super low dose cortisone when taken T3.
Exactly. The adrenals secrete dozens (I‘ve heard like up to 50) of hormones, unlike the thyroid, which secretes only a handful of hormones. Many of the protective steroids (pregnenolone/progesterone/DHEA) are also produced in the adrenals.

I will stick to the B5 and eating 3-4 kiwis daily, temporarily cut out caffeine, herbal teas instead, sleep more, make more time for relaxation.

If I look back I had very stressful years prior to now. I think I stressed my body with boosting metabolism in a similar way that carnivore/IF stressed my body.

Chronic stress is basically withdrawing more money from your bank (body) than you actually have, leaving a greater and greater debt.

I think too much metabolic boosters (esp. quite substantial use of caffeine) could have stressed my body beyond it‘s capacities. I will begin thinking more about living my life in accordance to my energetic bank account and slowly pay back my debt.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

On some days my temperature is still wonky on thyroid.

Yesterday it was just 36.2-36.4 C throughout the day. (8-10min underarm measurement) Took 200mg of magnesium malate because I had a tight neck and tense jaw muscle. My muscle issues resolved and felt relaxed, temperature rose to 36.6 C but my energy level really went down down and I felt dizzy and off. A classic problem of mine with magnesium. And a problem I generally have with cortisol-lowering supplements.

I remembered this thread and took 500mg of B5, experimentally. Temperature rose to 37.1-37.2 C for the rest of the day.

Something is up with the adrenals and cortisol.. And I still haven’t figured it out completely. Just thought I would share.

B5 which is necessary to produce acetyl-CoA, seems to be required for adrenal pregnenolone synthesis - and the downstream hormones progesterone, DHEA. aldosterone, cortisol.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

After only a few days of taking B5, it made me irritable, nervous and got cold hands and feet. Basically feeling stressed out. Also dropped my body temperature on significantly the on going days.

So cortisol raising is also no bueno.. :D

FitnessMike

any particular reason you are supplementing biotin?

have you noticed anything specific from it? i will be starting supplementing from tomorrow hoping it will help with satiety.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

any particular reason you are supplementing biotin?

have you noticed anything specific from it? i will be starting supplementing from tomorrow hoping it will help with satiety.
Nothing significant. I supplement because I don’t eat eggs or liver. And I have long-standing digestive problems, so I doubt my crippled microbiome is producing biotin.

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
@youngsinatra

Are you still using B5 or have you stopped? I am considering trying it. Anything that boosts metabolism works for a while until I get dizzy and my gallbladder backs up and weird stuff like that.

If I tried it and it 'burnt out' on me could I just stop taking it for a while and try eat more fish/organs etc?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals