High Adrenaline & Cortisol, Hypothyroid, Adrenal Fatigue, How To Fix?

kineticz

Greg says said:
RE: High5 Energy Source Fructose Energy Drink Powder...is the Maltodextrin OK?

Maltodextrin, Fructose (32%), Food Acid (Citric Acid, Malic Acid), Acidity Regulators (Tri Sodium Citrate, Potassium Citrate), Natural Flavourings (Lemon, Lime), Sea Salt (0,3%).

What info do you have regarding maltodextrin?

Perhaps I could find a purer source of fructose, this stuff along with the adrenal respiration enhancers is pushing me towards glucose metabolism, everytime I take it I feel a huge relief in my neck and face, similar to pregnenolone is said, and/or lowered adrenaline.

kineticz

Strongbad said:
Ok so to clarify, in order to "unsuffocate" adrenal mitochondria and strengthening it to suck in more raw materials, everyday I have to not eat for an hour or so then do cardio workout, then once I'm done I need to stuff myself with fructose powder/oj/raw honey? Exercising itself increases norephiprene along with lean meat and dairy product as part of the diet. I read the BCAA's thread and the side-effects themselves are too risky for me to even try. I'll go with the natural-food route.

That is what I do. I find that if I consume sugar during the workout, my stamina might improve but I will still burn out and get feelings of reduced metabolism.

Instead, I specifically target the fructose to after the workout, while working to reduce fatty acids, serotonin, and raise norephiprene throughout the day.

This will pave the way for more respiratory, but starved adrenal mitchondria, thus improving the inflow of fructose to LDL to pregnenolone for adrenal hormones and capacity increases.

Exercise can result in positive stress rather than negative in this manner. Eat according to glucose metabolism during the day, but exercise to induce low blood sugar, and thus ACTH, then consume fructose.

I also assume based on what you're saying that fructose powder itself doesn't solve the suffocated mitochondria issue.

As we know, Peat rightly favours a transition from fat to glucose metabolism. Fat will smother adrenal mitochondria in it's futile attempts to maintain energy under stress and perhaps helplessness. Lowering PUFA liberation, lowering serotonin in favour of norephiprene, and targetting glycogen replenishment around HIIT exercise is, as far as I have come to terms with the whole area and my body, the best way to open up and increase adrenal mitochondrial density. This is similar to as is widely known when you want to increase muscle mitochondrial density, or in the brain. A short period of HIIT and fasting increases density, but we only want it for a short duration then we revert back to ideal Peat conditions.

I believe that people without this type of mitochondrial density strategy will hit a rate-limiting hurdle with simply a more carb-based diet.

Short term starvation does increase the sensitivity to energy, and in a low serotonin, low adrenaline lifestyle, the influx of fructose will be most welcome.

I'm trying to take an aspect of how those on low carb diets work and use it strategically for a body that is atuned to glucose rather than prolonged calorie deficit and hypothyroidism.

Increasing mitochondrial density without having to resort to excessive fatty acid liberation is the real challenge for us with adrenal weakness.

Jib

I recently submitted a diurnal cortisol and DHEA-S test to ZRT labs.

Haven't gotten my results back yet. Been stressed out as hell in general. Funny thing: I noticed that taking 100mg of pregnenolone in the morning helped me immediately. I started taking it a day or two after I submitted my test. Hadn't taken pregnenolone in months and for the test it also said not to take any because it might affect the results.

Anyway, I'm going to keep up with the 100mg of pregnenolone in the morning for now. I noticed on the first day that I didn't feel as stressed out at work as I usually do, felt calmer and more in control, and had more stable energy (less of a crash during mid-day).

As for the test itself, check this out:

http://www.medicinegarden.com/2011/02/2 ... ol-part-3/

So for high cortisol, Seriphos taken at the appropriate times (after getting tested) seems to be the ticket. If cortisol is too low, it seems adrenal cortex/adrenal glandular, Ashwaganda (probably Rhodiola Rosea too), and even Isocort (which contains a small amount of cortisol, I think around 5mg) seem to be the options.

Licorice root is supposed to help keep cortisol in the bloodstream longer, so that might also be able to be used to remedy low cortisol.

I might be looking at this too simplistically. The Seriphos for high cortisol makes sense for me, but I wonder if Rhodiola/Ashwaganda and/or adrenal cortex/glandular would help in any case of high or low cortisol to normalize the function of the adrenal glands.

I do know that avoiding blue light at night and using a Litebook Elite in the morning (I think they changed it to Litebook Advantage now -- either way, best SAD light I'm aware of) has helped. Normalizing circadian rhythm is very important and is one of the main reasons I decided to get this test.

This is another page I found about someone with low cortisol instead of high spikes:

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/dr-de ... d-adrenals

I'll have to wait for my test results to come in to see where I stand and take it from there.

docall18

kineticz said:
post 77073 I advise anyone with problems to try a good source of fructose. It has changed my life, hence i haven't been on here much. Sorry.

Hey Kineticz, are you still having positive effects from fructose? I tried it previously, didnt notice much, but might try it again..

Last edited by a moderator:

docall18

I've always had high adrenaline aswell. My experience:

Things like taurine, salt, sugar, niacinamide etc dont seem to do anything much/effects are pretty weak.

Pregnenolone helps a little, however it has its own negative effects. Clonidine does help however It is not fixing the problem. T3 doesnt help. P5P B6 has helped. Caffeine also seems to be slowly helping.

I am going to try Dhea and a low dose of preg together. Labs show I am very low in Dhea, and also low in preg and cholesterol.

kineticz

docall18 said:
post 112070
kineticz said:
post 77073 I advise anyone with problems to try a good source of fructose. It has changed my life, hence i haven't been on here much. Sorry.

Hey Kineticz, are you still having positive effects from fructose? I tried it previously, didnt notice much, but might try it again..

Hi docall, I stopped taking fructose for a while now, as I have been working on healing the gut and liver, with some success but largely a great difficulty.

But my interest has sprung back up as I wish to begin using sugar after my ATP has boosted using a ketogenic diet.

Orion

docall18 said:
post 112073 I've always had high adrenaline aswell. My experience:

Things like taurine, salt, sugar, niacinamide etc dont seem to do anything much/effects are pretty weak.

Pregnenolone helps a little, however it has its own negative effects. Clonidine does help however It is not fixing the problem. T3 doesnt help. P5P B6 has helped. Caffeine also seems to be slowly helping.

I am going to try Dhea and a low dose of preg together. Labs show I am very low in Dhea, and also low in preg and cholesterol.

How did the preg and DHEA go. preg seems to agree with me 10mg/day, but 2 to 4 drops (~1mg DHEA) of pansterone before bed, seems to give me adrenaline style wakeups in the night. Hot and sweaty and wide awake...

Capt

I get an insane adrenaline reaction after exercise an am unable to sleep. Salt and sugar only help some. I think I'll give this a shot. I'm trying to find a substitute in the states. Will this work?
NOW Foods Fructose Fruit Sugar

Jsaute21

Confused to whether you guys suggest removing coffee until stress hormones aren't present or using it as an aid? It does not seem to help my stress hormones most days.

RayPeatFan777

I'm using a high quality fructose powder. I came across the suggestion when I read an article from another doctor who quoted Ray peat who states that only 'the fructose part of glucose is essential for cholesterol synthesis'. What I found interesting was that lactic acid can be used to create glucose but it consumes 6 times more energy than it creates and this is where fatty acids are stepped up.

I am very annoyed that I've spent most of my life since I was about 13 years old running on adrenaline and a fundamental supply of sugar was needed to give the thyroid the go-ahead to boost my metabolism into youthful teenage levels. Fortunately I'm only 26 so I have some years to claw back.

Fruits, refined sugars such as in cola, DO reduce adrenaline but DON'T seem to boost my metabolism.

Fructose absolutely categorically increases everything in a positive way. I can also tolerate higher doses of T3 rather than bottoming out.

I am still using the lysine, licorice, ionizer at bedtime, and I've added in pantethine to shunt the raw materials into the adrenals.

I was quick to judge Peat's theories on sugar but I neglected the part where there are different forms and qualities of sugar and only fructose is useful. You will get a temporary reprieve from adrenaline with refined sugar or even orange juice but it won't restore liver supplies very efficiently, not as well as quality fructose powder.
What fructose powder to you use?
and have your views changed from these posts, 3 years after?
or maybe been reinforced
thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals