Adrenal Fatigue And Hypothyroid

OP
A

Abc123

from the josh rubin interview with RP @alywest posted:

" . I experimented on myself taking 25 micrograms at a time and after two or three weeks of doing that, 12 hours later if I didn't take another dose I would go into a very intense hypothyroid state with my heart stopping every six seconds or so. And that would – 30 seconds after I took more T3 that would get regular again. But if you take your 10 micrograms with a meal, the food is going to delay its absorption so you get maybe two or 3 micrograms each hour and so 10 with each meal is pretty smooth way to take it. If a person…"
How about when I use the Circadian T3 Method? Waking up at 5am to take 25mcg T3 then going back to sleep till 7am.

Morning temp 7am - 97*
Afternoon temp 3pm - 97.2*

My current Thyroid dosage protocol goes like this..
5am - 25mcg T3
10am - 1gr Armour
3pm - 0.5gr Armour + 25mcg T3

All of my dosages aren't taken with food because of the timing of the 5am dose of T3. I try to space them out.

Meal Timings are roughly like this
8am Meal 1
12pm Meal 2
4pm Meal 3
8pm Meal 4

The first half of my day I felt pretty terrible and as the day went on I felt a little better. Its always about 6pm I start to feel ok. Today I did low carb and high fat. And it was much easier to keep my blood sugar balanced. I'll miss the OJ but I think it will be best to avoid all sugar for now. Tomorrow is another day and another experiment to see how I do! I will keep everyone updated! Goodnight all!

OP
A

Abc123

Hey everyone! Spoke to the DR today! I do have Candida!! I knew the sugar wasn't working for me!

He just recommend i pick up some Saccharomyces Boulardi and Digestive Enzymes. I will be avoiding all Sugar and starchy vegetables.

He also wants to do a intense 30day liver detox which I'm sure I'm long over due for!

OP
A

Abc123

Does anyone have any thoughts on removing Starch and Sugar for Candida?

I've been researching it and some stay we need the sugar and starch. And some say avoid it!

alywest

@Abc123 I just read a book where Broda Barnes PhD. (Hope for Hypoglycemia: It's Not Your Mind, It's Your Liver, 1978) discusses using 5 mg of prednisone in patients who have adrenal insufficiency in addition to their thyroid issues.

OP
A

Abc123

@Abc123 I just read a book where Broda Barnes PhD. (Hope for Hypoglycemia: It's Not Your Mind, It's Your Liver, 1978) discusses using 5 mg of prednisone in patients who have adrenal insufficiency in addition to their thyroid issues.

Hey Aly! Yes my liver is overburdened! I just started the Anti-Microbial Protocol from my DR. It's 30 days of Oregano Oil, Chinese Herbs and Berberine. After 30 days I will be doing Allicin for 30 days to clean out my liver. I really hope this Candida is the cause of all this and reason being my SHBG is alway so elevated!

I have also been doing Coffee Enemas and cleansing my bowels. I'm waiting to see some parasites and candida flush through! I'm still on the bland diet but powering through it!

OP
A

Abc123

Hey everyone!

So a little update... I’m fully off of all thyroid meds. It’s been 3 months since taking any. Temps are decent and energy is ok.

But for some reason the puffiness(gynecomastia) has come back randomly. I’m not sure what could be causing this?

I haven’t had and blood labs lately. But I’m thinking about having some done. I do have a problem with High SHBG. I wonder if this is the cause? I really don’t know how to bring this level done. Even my manhood is smaller too. It’s pretty embarrassing.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Eric Yim

Hello all!

I am struggling with Adrenal Fatigue, Hypothyroid, and Hashimoto's. My symptoms are Low Morning Cortisol, Low DHEA, Low Thyroid Function, Fatigue, Zero Sex Drive, Brain Fog, etc..

Do you have any good tips for healing adrenals? From what I read it's best to stay away from Sugar. And also stay away from caffeine. Is it possible to fix adrenal fatigue with Peating? (High Sugar?)

I'm current taking Pansterone 4 drops (x2 am, x2 noon)
Armour Thyroid 2grains + 50mcg T3 (May need more)
Selenium, B Vitamins, P5P 50mg, Zinc 30mg, Vit D 10,000iu, Kuinone 4.5mg, Magnesium 800mg
HCL with Pepsin (At each Meal)
Adaptocrine K2 -
  • Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 100 mg
  • Panax Ginseng Extract (root) 200 mg
  • Ashwagandha Extract (root) 200 mg
  • Holy Basil Extract (leaf) 100 mg
  • Rhodiola Extract (root) 75 mg
  • Eleuthero Extract (root) 50 mg
  • Pantethine 50 mg
  • Proprietary Blend: 78 mg* of Boerhavia extract root, Betaine HCI, Cellulase (plant enzyme), Peptidase (plant enzyme)
Recently I cut out all sugar from the diet. With the sugar in my diet I would feel warm and hot. I know that sugar is great for thyroid function. But is it burning out my adrenals and not allowing them to heal? I have done a 4x salvia test and morning cortisol is very low. Getting up in the morning is so hard no matter how long I've slept. Also SHBG is high and liver enzymes are elevated.

Thank you all in advance!
Take a multi vitamin and eat lots of green leafy vegetables. Make sure you also strength train (heavy and hard) to increase testoterone. This sounds like very general advice but strength training is extrenely important if you want a healthy metabolism. Ray peat is technically not healthy (inherintly because he has to take thyroid medication). Strength training for too long is the reason it is even associated with adrenal fatigue. Exercise is your friend here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals