Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hah! I've found a kindred spirit!! I can no longer justify lingering in this toxic place though, so sorry I didn't find you sooner.

I'm going to try out this other forum for a while to see if it's a better fit. I'm going to post there as "mostlylurkng".

Here's an example of a thread:
Ray Peat: The importance of sugar and the dangers of fat (stress) metabolism

for your consideration, here's the forum's Terms and Rules:

Thank you for sharing a link to the forum with me, lurking. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so, however, I think it’s best for me to take a break from health forums for a while or maybe for good. I don’t feel I’m serving people well on them.

Just to be clear, I’m not leaving because I hate the players, but because I hate the game. I will miss you all and the camaraderie we shared while finding our truth, and I wish only the best for you. I really do.

Dutchie

I completely understand. It’s having to unlearn what we’ve learned or at least, a good portion of the theories we’ve learned and doing so here is like a recovering alcoholic trying to find their sobriety at a bar. I have received so many PMs from members who are scared to eat because of what they read on the forum. I believe we as a collective have the best of intentions but the road to h*ll is paved in them and I did not fight my way back from it, only to lead others there. Presenting theories using horrifying descriptives as if they are a proven fact, for all, which understandably so often leads to fear and unnecessary restriction, especially for those who are already scared, desperate and overwhelmed by the stress of living with illness, is the opposite of what I want to contribute to this world. Whenever someone contacts me looking for help, it is always at the forefront of my mind that they are somebody’s baby and I wouldn’t want a life of fear and restriction for my baby so I don’t want it for someone else’s either. I can’t in good conscience promote something I don’t believe in so I’m currently finishing up my final update and will be leaving the forum. We changed Internet providers so there should be no issues with me receiving your emails now if you want to stay in touch?
Thankfully, for me ,it's not as severe as actual fearing to eat something.
I guess it's a combination of as you've mentioned old beliefs/habits which are in reprogramming and impatience (wanting to get to the desired state fast).
Whenever I keep going back and forth, lol eventually I'll get tired of it and just ask myself: what sounds the most delicious to eat at the moment?

I'd like that very much to stay in touch🙂
It was the only reason why I kept coming back,bc I didn't want to lose touch completely.
My email address is still the same, let's hope this provider will be kinder in letting mails pass.😉

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thankfully, for me ,it's not as severe as actual fearing to eat something.
I guess it's a combination of as you've mentioned old beliefs/habits which are in reprogramming and impatience (wanting to get to the desired state fast).
Whenever I keep going back and forth, lol eventually I'll get tired of it and just ask myself: what sounds the most delicious to eat at the moment?

Yeah, it didn’t sound like you had a fear of eating, which is good. It makes the reprogramming that much easier. Funny, my back and forth in the beginning also ended with me just asking myself what sounded the most delicious in the moment, which was usually a glass of milk or cheese with fruit, and still is. lol It makes life a lot easier since I’m already cooking and baking for my dad.

I'd like that very much to stay in touch🙂
It was the only reason why I kept coming back,bc I didn't want to lose touch completely.
My email address is still the same, let's hope this provider will be kinder in letting mails pass.😉

Great! Emails from the other people I’m in communication with are getting through so yours should too. 👍🏼

Dutchie

Yeah, it didn’t sound like you had a fear of eating, which is good. It makes the reprogramming that much easier. Funny, my back and forth in the beginning also ended with me just asking myself what sounded the most delicious in the moment, which was usually a glass of milk or cheese with fruit, and still is. lol It makes life a lot easier since I’m already cooking and baking for my dad.
Lol....even that is a back and forth at times🤭
I've decided I'll let 'x' defrost and then when I open the freezer to get it, I start thinking:"....but 'y' actually is delicious as well.."

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Lol....even that is a back and forth at times🤭
I've decided I'll let 'x' defrost and then when I open the freezer to get it, I start thinking:"....but 'y' actually is delicious as well.."

Oh, that one’s easy. Eat both. 👍🏼😁

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Lol....nah, that's too much.

That one is easy, too. Eat some of each and save the rest. :D I do that a lot. Do you remember the commenter Chief on Matt Stone’s blog who ate at buffets? I always thought the concept was smart when trying to eat intuitively. It makes me think of when my family would order from the local Chinese Polynesian fusion restaurant. My mum and grandmother would order upwards of 10 dishes and we would eat buffet style. I always went for the pineapple and cherries, beef teriyaki, egg foo young and crab rangoon, but I didn’t like the dough wrapper so I would only eat the filling. lol Anyhow, I liked being able to choose from a variety of dishes.

Dutchie

That one is easy, too. Eat some of each and save the rest. :D I do that a lot. Do you remember the commenter Chief on Matt Stone’s blog who ate at buffets? I always thought the concept was smart when trying to eat intuitively. It makes me think of when my family would order from the local Chinese Polynesian fusion restaurant. My mum and grandmother would order upwards of 10 dishes and we would eat buffet style. I always went for the pineapple and cherries, beef teriyaki, egg foo young and crab rangoon, but I didn’t like the dough wrapper so I would only eat the filling. lol Anyhow, I liked being able to choose from a variety of dishes.
Yeah, I thought about that. The thing is that I don't really enjoy certain cuts of meat reheated.
Not to mention it takes more/longer cooking. ;)

Yeah, I remember him .
Ordering multiple dishes of Chinese food is what we used to do as well and eat the leftovers the day after.
Lol, I actually always liked Chinese food,the day after, better. Some things just taste better the next day, like my grandma's splitpea soup....lol,it became so dense and thick, that you could just stick a spoon in it without it falling over.😂

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Yeah, I thought about that. The thing is that I don't really enjoy certain cuts of meat reheated.
Not to mention it takes more/longer cooking. ;)

Yeah, I remember him .
Ordering multiple dishes of Chinese food is what we used to do as well and eat the leftovers the day after.
Lol, I actually always liked Chinese food,the day after, better. Some things just taste better the next day, like my grandma's splitpea soup....lol,it became so dense and thick, that you could just stick a spoon in it without it falling over.😂

Gotcha. Well, I think it’s nice that you have the back and forth because it sounds like you have more options now than a couple years back, not that variety matters if you enjoy your diet and feel good. I’ve been craving so much milk lately that I’ve been having it almost exclusively and I was questioning last night while drifting off to sleep if maybe I should cut back on it despite feeling great and while picking up my milk at the market this morning, the cashier started asking me questions about it because she said I looked so healthy and my skin glowy, and it reminded me of how good I always felt while doing raw milk fasts in the past so it seemed like confirmation that I can trust my craving.

Haha…my grandmother used to make split pea soup, well, more like heat it up. She bought a canned French Canadian split pea soup that’s popular in New England. To this day, it’s one of my dad’s favorite soups. I’ve never been a fan of mealy textures so I’ve never had it, but given how thick it is and the high amount of soluble fiber in legumes, I can just imagine how much thicker it is the following day. But yeah, I agree that some things taste better the next day, especially anything with a sauce.

Last edited:

Dutchie

I’ve been craving so much milk lately that I’ve been having it almost exclusively and I was questioning last night while drifting off to sleep if maybe I should cut back on it despite feeling great and while picking up my milk at the market this morning, the cashier started asking me questions about it because she said I looked so healthy and my skin glowy, and it reminded me of how good I always felt while doing raw milk fasts in the past so it seemed like confirmation that I can trust my craving.
That definitely sounds like a nice confirmation🙂
If you feel good and function well on milk, why did you even get the thougth about possibly cutting back? ...for practical reasons?

Haha…my grandmother used to make split pea soup, well, more like heat it up. She bought a canned French Canadian split pea soup that’s popular in New England. To this day, it’s one of my dad’s favorite soups. I’ve never been a fan of mealy textures so I’ve never had it, but given how thick it is and the high amount of soluble fiber in legumes, I can just imagine how much thicker it is the following day. But yeah, I agree that some things taste better the next day, especially anything with a sauce.
That's the thing that surprises me about it, bc I'm not a fan of mealy textures either. (hardly ever ate legumes).
Yet, the starchy mealy combination of the split peas& potatoes never bothered me....matter of fact in this case, I preferred it over the more runnier soup when freshly made.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

That definitely sounds like a nice confirmation🙂
If you feel good and function well on milk, why did you even get the thougth about possibly cutting back? ...for practical reasons?

For practical reasons as I need to make multiple trips to the market and farm each week but even more so, I didn’t want the potential two week period of migraines when reintroducing foods I haven’t had in a while because the milk displaced them. Speaking of the farm, just after responding to you yesterday, I was looking at a video on YouTube and up popped an ad for Benedikt. It’s an awesome farm, 100% grass-based, biodynamic and humane, but I live in a small town and the owners only sell their products on-site so it was wild to see a commercial for it on YouTube. So yeah, I got the message. My current milk craving is fine. lol

That's the thing that surprises me about it, bc I'm not a fan of mealy textures either. (hardly ever ate legumes).
Yet, the starchy mealy combination of the split peas& potatoes never bothered me....matter of fact in this case, I preferred it over the more runnier soup when freshly made.

I consumed so many legumes leading up to my thyroid crashing that the thought of them now makes me gag, however, I can understand the appeal of split pea soup, sure. I prefer thicker soups, too. My favorites were French onion and seafood chowder so as a non-mealy thickener, I used peeled and deseeded zucchini and then bulked up my recipes by doubling the onions and cheese, and the sweet corn, crab and scallops. I also replaced the milk in my chowder recipe with cream, which helped give it more body.

Dutchie

For practical reasons as I need to make multiple trips to the market and farm each week but even more so, I didn’t want the potential two week period of migraines when reintroducing foods I haven’t had in a while because the milk displaced them. Speaking of the farm, just after responding to you yesterday, I was looking at a video on YouTube and up popped an ad for Benedikt. It’s an awesome farm, 100% grass-based, biodynamic and humane, but I live in a small town and the owners only sell their products on-site so it was wild to see a commercial for it on YouTube. So yeah, I got the message. My current milk craving is fine. lol
Hmm....that stinks if you'd have to make multiple trips a week.
From another pov, it seems the extra effort is worth it since you feel so good on and enjoy it.
You really can't put a price on health and pleasure.
That's cool that you saw a commercial on YouTube. YouTube must look to your location (and interests) in what they show you for commercials as well, bc I've never seen it. :)

Oh yes, French onion soup! I loved that too when my grandma used to make it. (Though all the onions would make me gassy)
Peas are probably the least mealy of all legumes, they were the only ones I ate more frequently. As for actual legumes, I only occasionally got some in when being in a Mexican restaurant.
No one in my family ever made legumes, lol so I guess I wasn't the only one who didn't like its mealy texture.
Never have had claim/seafood chowder. I only started eating seafood since the start of Paleo/my healthfood journey.

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hmm....that stinks if you'd have to make multiple trips a week.
From another pov, it seems the extra effort is worth it since you feel so good on and enjoy it.
You really can't put a price on health and pleasure.
That's cool that you saw a commercial on YouTube. YouTube must look to your location (and interests) in what they show you for commercials as well, bc I've never seen it. :)

Yeah, it’s mostly the migraines during the reintroduction phase I’d like to avoid, but it only happens with fibrous foods so it’s not worth me fretting over. I would think YouTube tailors ads to our location and interests, but I’ve never seen local commercials, let alone one for a farm in my little town. Most times they’re for product categories I’ve never searched for like an emergency fire blanket.

Oh yes, French onion soup! I loved that too when my grandma used to make it. (Though all the onions would make me gassy)
Peas are probably the least mealy of all legumes, they were the only ones I ate more frequently. As for actual legumes, I only occasionally got some in when being in a Mexican restaurant.
No one in my family ever made legumes, lol so I guess I wasn't the only one who didn't like its mealy texture.
Never have had claim/seafood chowder. I only started eating seafood since the start of Paleo/my healthfood journey.

LOL My family makes this French onion dip that’s notorious for causing gas. Sweet peas were the only legume my family ate regularly. Legumes only became a dietary staple of mine when I went vegetarian. I was so young at the time that we didn’t have internet access yet so I was relying on old-school vegetarian books from the library that recommended legumes and whole grains for protein. Knowing what I know now, I should have favored dairy and eggs. Even my mum’s thyroid suffered while vegan—her TSH rose to 8.4.

Dutchie

Yeah, it’s mostly the migraines during the reintroduction phase I’d like to avoid, but it only happens with fibrous foods so it’s not worth me fretting over. I would think YouTube tailors ads to our location and interests, but I’ve never seen local commercials, let alone one for a farm in my little town. Most times they’re for product categories I’ve never searched for like an emergency fire blanket.
Lol....yeah, I often am shown all kinds of products, which I've never searched for or used, as well.
That is cool to be shown a commercial of a local company, especially when you've already been there. I imagine it must've cost them quite some money. (Not just directly to YouTube, but also the costs of producing a video. Unless they migth've been lucky and a student for a schoolproject or a relative or so made it for them.)

LOL My family makes this French onion dip that’s notorious for causing gas. Sweet peas were the only legume my family ate regularly. Legumes only became a dietary staple of mine when I went vegetarian. I was so young at the time that we didn’t have internet access yet so I was relying on old-school vegetarian books from the library that recommended legumes and whole grains for protein. Knowing what I know now, I should have favored dairy and eggs. Even my mum’s thyroid suffered while vegan—her TSH rose to 8.4.
Wow, that's a high TSH number.
The only 'legume' I'd eat more often were some cashew nuts, I especially liked the salted ones, which is no better with their pufas and all.

Hmm, sadly, most of us on here have been led astray by diet ideologies and supposed well-meant health advice, regardless of whether it came from a book or the internet.
If you would've had internet access at the time, do you think it would've been different?
I can only speak for myself, I did have internet access when I started, but I did make these mistakes as well. My guess is bc I was younger (though nearly not as young as you), it was all new and so I was still very impressionable to such ideas and ideologies.
Besides the (alternative) health/Nutrition field has changed views over the years as well, so who's to say, you wouldn't have found similar information online as you'd found in the books🤷

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I imagine it must've cost them quite some money. (Not just directly to YouTube, but also the costs of producing a video. Unless they migth've been lucky and a student for a schoolproject or a relative or so made it for them.)

I’m not sure, but I tried to find the commercial and discovered that they have a YouTube channel. It’s a tough life for a Benedikt cow:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXie3ywAdhs

If you would've had internet access at the time, do you think it would've been different?
I can only speak for myself, I did have internet access when I started, but I did make these mistakes as well. My guess is bc I was younger (though nearly not as young as you), it was all new and so I was still very impressionable to such ideas and ideologies.
Besides the (alternative) health/Nutrition field has changed views over the years as well, so who's to say, you wouldn't have found similar information online as you'd found in the books🤷

It’s hard to say because it was the mid 90s and as far as I’m aware, vegetarianism wasn’t popular then, but the Atkins diet was so perhaps I would have been exposed to information espousing the importance of animal protein and favored dairy and eggs? Do you remember around what year you started researching health info online?

Last edited:

Dutchie

Wow, do they just lay next to the road without any fencing to guard them off?
You don't see that here.

Ah ok, I see.
Atkins diet had books too, no? but you probably wouldn't have seeked them out in a library.
Lol....compared to you, I was late to the game (I was already in my late 20's). It must've been around 2010 when I started and at the time stumbled upon the Kris Carr forum. (Alicia Silverstone had also just released her book: The Kind Diet)

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Wow, do they just lay next to the road without any fencing to guard them off?
You don't see that here.

Yep, there’s just that thin cord. It’s common among the farms I’ve gotten my milk from and actually, Four Winds doesn’t even have cording. The cows graze freely alongside an apple orchard and are guarded by Great Pyrenees. It’s hilly where I live so as we ascend through a tunnel of dense woods leading up to Benedikt, it opens up to panoramic views on a quiet street. Between the peaceful setting and getting to visit the calves in the barn where the store is located, maybe it’s just my romantic way of seeing things but I find picking up my milk order to be a magical and restorative experience, and I wish more people had the chance to visit their local farms.

Ah ok, I see.
Atkins diet had books too, no? but you probably wouldn't have seeked them out in a library.
Lol....compared to you, I was late to the game (I was already in my late 20's). It must've been around 2010 when I started and at the time stumbled upon the Kris Carr forum. (Alicia Silverstone had also just released her book: The Kind Diet)

That’s right, I remember you telling me Kris Carr’s was the first forum. I didn’t realize it was that close to when you and I met. We’ve come a long way since that time, haven’t we? :) But yeah, I would think Atkins had books, too, which was likely what popularized it during that time. I recall the liquid diet being popular then, too. My friend followed the Slim Fast diet—a shake for breakfast, another for lunch and a “sensible” dinner—and she wasn’t even overweight. Ugh…crappy diets.

Speaking of liquid diets, my milk only craving has passed. :D I was talking with a friend yesterday and during our conversation had mentioned preferring hot dogs to steak, which sparked a craving. When I got off the phone with him I had hot dogs, and when I woke this morning, I wanted more hot dogs, a cheesy omelette and juice. lol I still want milk, but I’m feeling satisfied on my usual 2 L.

Last edited:

Dutchie

Yep, there’s just that thin cord. It’s common among the farms I’ve gotten my milk from and actually, Four Winds doesn’t even have cording. The cows graze freely alongside an apple orchard and are guarded by Great Pyrenees. It’s hilly where I live so as we ascend through a tunnel of dense woods leading up to Benedikt, it opens up to panoramic views on a quiet street. Between the peaceful setting and getting to visit the calves in the barn where the store is located, maybe it’s just my romantic way of seeing things but I find picking up my milk order to be a magical and restorative experience, and I wish more people had the chance to visit their local farms.
Wow, like I've said, I've never seen a farmer being able to have no cording. (Just thin, hardly visible, cording would already be unique).
Nope, I don't think it's a romantic view (otherwise I share the same view;) ).
Getting your groceries/milk from such rustic place, definitely beats standing in line at a cashier under fluorescent ligthing and all.

That’s right, I remember you telling me Kris Carr’s was the first forum. I didn’t realize it was that close to when you and I met. We’ve come a long way since that time, haven’t we? :) But yeah, I would think Atkins had books, too, which was likely what popularized it during that time. I recall the liquid diet being popular then, too. My friend followed the Slim Fast diet—a shake for breakfast, another for lunch and a “sensible” dinner—and she wasn’t even overweight. Ugh…crappy diets.

Speaking of liquid diets, my milk only craving has passed. :D I was talking with a friend yesterday and during our conversation had mentioned preferring hot dogs to steak, which sparked a craving. When I got off the phone with him I had hot dogs, and when I woke this morning, I wanted more hot dogs, a cheesy omelette and juice. lol I still want milk, but I’m feeling satisfied on my usual 2 L.
Yes, we have :)
I remember adds for these Slim Fast shakes. What I remember, from my younger years bc my mom did that, is that Weight Watchers was popular.

Lol.....so milk is now becoming more of the accompanying (or inbetween) drink to your meal, instead of THE main meal?😉

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Wow, like I've said, I've never seen a farmer being able to have no cording. (Just thin, hardly visible, cording would already be unique).

My guess is the cording is electric so the cows have been trained to not go beyond it. I think it’s popular among farmers who rationally graze their herd?

I remember adds for these Slim Fast shakes. What I remember, from my younger years bc my mom did that, is that Weight Watchers was popular.

Lol.....so milk is now becoming more of the accompanying (or inbetween) drink to your meal, instead of THE main meal?😉

It’s crazy how long WW has been around. My mum and grandmother did it too, but I wasn’t born yet. My grandmother wanted to lose the baby weight she gained after having my dad. She wasn’t even overweight, she just wasn’t as tiny as she was when she got married (50 kg). A few years after earning her pin, she had my uncle so she went to a meeting and the group of women she was with decided they were done with it, left to go get ice cream and never went back. lol Women after my own heart. Hehe…

LOL For the most part. I’m back to my previous eating pattern of a half liter of milk, eggs, meat, juice and ice cream for breakfast and lunch, and a liter of milk, some cheese and honey for dinner, since it helps me sleep like a baby. :)

Dutchie

My guess is the cording is electric so the cows have been trained to not go beyond it. I think it’s popular among farmers who rationally graze their herd?
Yeah, they use electric cord fencing here as well, but the cords are usually thick and visible or there's still some kind of wooden fence which the cords are attached to.

LOL For the most part. I’m back to my previous eating pattern of a half liter of milk, eggs, meat, juice and ice cream for breakfast and lunch, and a liter of milk, some cheese and honey for dinner, since it helps me sleep like a baby. :)
It is crazy how long WW has been around. I didn't even know it was that long already.

Lol....so the hotdogs were just a temporary blip on the diet scale😉

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals