To try or not try thyroid?

jomamma007

Hey guys, been feeling lousy for 10 years ( Currently 30, Male) with hypo symptoms. Here are my most recent bloods. I eat beef, orange juice, gelatin, broth, dates, cherries, coffee, white sugar, honey, maple syrup, raw carrot salad, mushrooms, liver, oysters, coconut oil, calcium bone supplement. I cut out starches 2 month ago because my cholesterol was 116-119 for around 10 year with really bad depression and suicidal thoughts. My cholesterol has come up along mood during these 2 months as you can see from the bloods.

1 month ago
PTH 24 (14-64)
Lactic Acid .7 (.4-1.8)
Phosphate 3.6 (2.5-4.5)
Prolactin 4.2 (2-18)
Iron Saturation H 54 (20-48)
Total cholesterol 166
HDL 44
Triglycerides 111
LDL 101 H
TSH 2.4
Reverse T3 19 (8-25)
Vitamin D, 25-OH 28 L (30-100)

2 months ago
CO2 26(21-33)
DHEA-S 104.6 L (160-449)
Estradiol 21 L (27-52)

Cortisol AM - 7.8 (4.8-19.5)
Testosterone 524
Progesterone .29 (<.48)
SHBG 56 H (16.5-55.9)
TSH 1.74
T4 Total 7.8 (4.5-11.7)
T3 Total 95 (80-200)

My temps and pulses are in the normal range currently, but I'm not sure if they are driven by stress considering all the symptoms. These last 10 months I've followed many peaty principles, although dairy and eggs still give me issues ( I used to be able to tolerate/live off them 10 years ago before my health failed) . Not digestive discomfort, but horrid sleep, fatigue, and mood issues. I think this combined with my low cholesterol would implicate an infection alongside being hypo. I've have cold hands & feet, hair falling out, dry skin, depressions, getting keyed up at night and hard time sleeping (all of these symptoms since about 2011), I have some uncommon symptoms of someone who is hypo such as Low cholesterol and no constipation

Should I experiment with some cynoplus?

Attachments

• bloods 1.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • bloods 2.pdf
    135.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

gaze

I would try getting your vitamin D up first. maybe try some seafoods, vegetable broths, liver, to get more micronutrients since your diet looks a bit deficient. also maybe try to lower iron, although i don't really know how iron saturation works.

have you tried lactose free things like cheese, or is it the protein that's the problem? have you tried goat cheese ?

OP
J

jomamma007

I would try getting your vitamin D up first. maybe try some seafoods, vegetable broths, liver, to get more micronutrients since your diet looks a bit deficient. also maybe trying to cut down on beef to lower iron.

have you tried lactose free things like cheese, or is it the protein that's the problem? have you tried goat cheese ?
Sorry, I must have forgotten to add that I consume liver/oysters once per week, and it seems any dairy be it goat or cow, pasteurized or raw. I also strongly dislike seafood... I've also began supplementing with 3000iu D3 and am getting updated levels checked next week.

Last edited:

rr1

It seems like you're on the right path raising cholesterol, so that's good news. But your cholesterol does look too low to start thyroid just yet.

How much calories are you consuming on a daily basis? A Cronometer screenshot may help. Orange juice and coconut oil could help to bring cholesterol up. I'd go for at least a litre of OJ and 3-5 tbsp of coconut oil. The carrot salad should be helping to clean your intestine which can help with cholesterol production, so stay consistent with that. Beef liver and oysters are pretty important tools that a lot of people forget. Even if its only once every 2 weeks, that's still better than none.

Your iron looks quite high too, it would be good idea to substitute some of the beef for milk. I'd make getting vitamin D up (as other poster mentioned), and finding a way to tolerate milk as a pretty big priority. Donating blood could help. As well as drinking coffee along side the beef, as this can lower iron absorption.

OP
J

jomamma007

It seems like you're on the right path raising cholesterol, so that's good news. But your cholesterol does look too low to start thyroid just yet.

How much calories are you consuming on a daily basis? A Cronometer screenshot may help. Orange juice and coconut oil could help to bring cholesterol up. I'd go for at least a litre of OJ and 3-5 tbsp of coconut oil. The carrot salad should be helping to clean your intestine which can help with cholesterol production, so stay consistent with that. Beef liver and oysters are pretty important tools that a lot of people forget. Even if its only once every 2 weeks, that's still better than none.

Your iron looks quite high too, it would be good idea to substitute some of the beef for milk. I'd make getting vitamin D up (as other poster mentioned), and finding a way to tolerate milk as a pretty big priority. Donating blood could help. As well as drinking coffee along side the beef, as this can lower iron absorption.

Yes I'd love to have a heavy dairy diet and less muscle meat eventually. Do you know of options to explore to be able to tolerate dairy and eggs? I've just taken 2 weeks of penicillin to help but haven't tried to re introduce the foods yet. Also when re introducing do people here normally start with small or amounts or just go into a liter of milk etc?

I've also been doing blood donations every 3-4 months, although they make me feel lousy for a week.
I'd say I'm close to 2500 calories, about 5'11 175lbs. Already consuming liver and oysters weekly. Started taking 3000iu d3 and will re test levels soon.
Thanks

Last edited:

nieciadunn

Yes I'd love to have a heavy dairy diet and less muscle meat eventually. Do you know of options to explore to be able to tolerate dairy and eggs? I've just taken 2 weeks of penicillin to help but haven't tried to re introduce the foods yet. Also when re introducing do people here normally start with small or amounts or just go into a liter of milk etc?

I've also been doing blood donations every 3-4 months, although they make me feel lousy for a week.
I'd say I'm close to 2500 calories, about 5'11 175lbs. Already consuming liver and oysters weekly. Started taking 3000iu d3 and will re test levels soon.
Thanks

Thanks

No suggestions for your other questions, but I’m wondering if you’ve tried unpasteurized sheep cheese? Especially Roquefort, which actually has Penicillium mold in it. When I was more sensitive this was the only thing I could tolerate. Sheep cheese that is unpasteurized often works better for really sensitive people.

OP
J

jomamma007

No suggestions for your other questions, but I’m wondering if you’ve tried unpasteurized sheep cheese? Especially Roquefort, which actually has Penicillium mold in it. When I was more sensitive this was the only thing I could tolerate. Sheep cheese that is unpasteurized often works better for really sensitive people.
Thanks I'll look into it. Also how did you get less sensitive to dairy?

Also @Hans, what's your take on Total T3 labs in diagnosing hypothyroidism?

Last edited:

Epeatcurious

I have been unable to do dairy fo many year. I recently took Refaximin and it seems to have helped that issue a lot.

nieciadunn

Thanks I'll look into it. Also how did you get less sensitive to dairy?

Also @Hans, what's your take on Total T3 labs in diagnosing hypothyroidism?
Working on my thyroid and getting my temps up really resolved a number of my food sensitivities. Still can’t tolerate some kinds of dairy but there has been a definite improvement. Slow and steady wins the race :)

Velve921

Focusing on the calcium fo phosphorus ratio can be a game changer. 1:1 is a good starting place.

Parmigiano reggiano cheese seems to be digested better for many people... and it has lots of calcium’s along with other nutrients.

Hagen Daaz ice cream could be another calcium source.

Kalona Milk from Whole Foods is the only milk I could tolerate. It’s been truly a gem in my diet.

All and all though, you’ve got a lot of great things going in your diet. This type of living will compound over time. Especially if your metabolism has been under appreciated for so long.
Here’s an important thought to keep in mind. The food is going to allow you space to operate better, but it’s important to work on yourself as you now will have better energy to do so.

for example, after my dad died I started having my first panic attacks. Theanine was the main thing that calmed things down, but, I didn’t use the Theanine to mask the problem, I used it to give my mind strength on how to learn on how to deal with this. Now, because I’ve learned so much, I don’t need Theanine as much as I use to. Just keep in mind, the nutrition will give you strength, but don’t be surprised if you have to work on yourself a bit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals