Either Adrenal Fatigue Or High Cortisol And Estrogen Dominance Question

Cirion

Yeah the body does cool when going to sleep. But then its supposed to come back up when you wake up, and I personally believe it should be close to 98.6 upon waking, based upon my subjective experiences (I feel great if I wake up at 98.3+F). I find the higher my temp is when I go to bed generally the better. I like to try to get my temp to like 99.5 before bed. Though when you first try this it will feel like hyperthyroid and you may not be able to get to sleep, but eventually GABA gets regulated up which helps induce the sleep or you can try a warm bath before bed which generally works for me.

Ron J

This definitely sounds overworked.

Cold extremities are an adrenal thing, your body literally thinks it needs to be ready to go all the time(as in like running/lifting to save your life). The lifting is upregulating the things that grow you, again adaptation.

5-10 minutes under the armpit or 5minutes in mouth before turning it on.

Regarding 98.6 overnight, the body cools when it sleeps. Sometimes 97.5ish in compromised, much lowet if heavily compromised. When i started my recovery i was waking sometimes in the low 96s. Now im 97.2 with an alarm, full sleep closer to 97.8. I would imagine youre cold when waking, or hot, cooling off after meals(coming off "stress")

The hunger is poor glucose metabolism and thats why you wake. That took me about a year to remedy as well. But its actually more restful finally.

Temps you can do:
Waking
An hour after first meal(to see how it changes)
1 or 2 pm(which in theory should be about your peak for the day)

Do it for a few days to get a true idea. Im usually cooler coming off a weekend because i can eat more at work vs weekend where i sleep more than during the week and thus eat less
Is there a way to fix cold extremities(other than taking a break from lifting)?

OP
F

fendertele

One last question before I head off, pressure within around the eyes. This is one of the tell take signs when Its bad and when I'm feeling better it goes away.

It's not pain more like a build up of pressure or ache

Luckytype

Is there a way to fix cold extremities(other than taking a break from lifting)?

Its likely coming from adrenal outputs of epinephrine and norepi. That will raise temps and constrict smaller vessels because the thinks it has something to deal with. Probably regular ampunts sweet warm food, carb dominant wih protein, salt and your mineral flux and bundling up. Show the body it doesnt need to panic and it will relax better.

Cold extremeties used to be my life, sweating buckets in the gym, cold hands and feet.

Luckytype

Worth noting also that as i started to improve i had small shorter bouts of hyperthyroid activity. I noticed i was getting ultra warm, suuper calm and relaxed and once i measured my temps i noticed a trend of being almost able to nap and my temp at or above 99.

So its true in part at least what you read: a high energy state is a relaxed state.

Cirion

Worth noting also that as i started to improve i had small shorter bouts of hyperthyroid activity. I noticed i was getting ultra warm, suuper calm and relaxed and once i measured my temps i noticed a trend of being almost able to nap and my temp at or above 99.

So its true in part at least what you read: a high energy state is a relaxed state.

Yes, high energy state is relaxed / low cortisol / high GABA and if you need restful sleep, your body will actually make you tired at this point in time. RP himself says restful sleep requires high metabolism and it holds true for me. Sometimes I'll be tired with a 99+ temp and take a nap and feel amazing after an hr or two sleeping like that.

Ron J

@Luckytype
I'm currently dieting to lower body fat, but my diet is carb and protein dominant with med/low fat(mostly from one meal) for the fat solubles(I follow Peat's guidelines). I take a lot of sodium(something like 10-15g), and a decent amount of minerals, so I'm left with taking a break from lifting, unless there's something else that can be done.

OP
F

fendertele

Yes, high energy state is relaxed / low cortisol / high GABA and if you need restful sleep, your body will actually make you tired at this point in time. RP himself says restful sleep requires high metabolism and it holds true for me. Sometimes I'll be tired with a 99+ temp and take a nap and feel amazing after an hr or two sleeping like that.
This rings true once I begin to find balance my body suddenly starts to sleep sleep sleep but once I begin working out the irregular sleep thing starts back up
Its likely coming from adrenal outputs of epinephrine and norepi. That will raise temps and constrict smaller vessels because the thinks it has something to deal with. Probably regular ampunts sweet warm food, carb dominant wih protein, salt and your mineral flux and bundling up. Show the body it doesnt need to panic and it will relax better.

Cold extremeties used to be my life, sweating buckets in the gym, cold hands and feet.
Is this why when I'm at my worst my craving for a large dominoes pizza kicks in? It's my go to meal when I feel jittery wired or overly emotional ( yes when I'm at my worst I bawl like a baby at any movie etc..) so I know something's up I get a dominoes pizza with dip scoff in under 10 mins then crash into deep sleep and awake feeling refreshed lol

Luckytype

Is that high level of sodium intake consistent every single day?

The food part of relaxing could in theory be the calories taking you off it. How is your caloric intake spaced out during the day?

The sleep disruption of training is a huge indicator of a needed change.

Cirion

Yeah training can easily disrupt sleep as it tends to boost adrenaline/cortisol even in healthy individuals.

One interesting thing I was reading in a book by Dr. Kruse, and it makes some sense, is that the best time to workout is between 9 am and 4 pm generally because that's when it will be daylight year round even in winter, and we are designed to move while its still daylight and rest after sunset. The worst times to workout are both on an empty stomach in the morning, and after sunset. I historically have worked out a lot after sunset, and I can attest to its sleep disrupting effects at that time.

OP
F

fendertele

The food part of relaxing could in theory be the calories taking you off it. How is your caloric intake spaced out during the day?

No it isn't consistent I float between eating properly for a few days and counting calories and tracking macros ( chicken,Rice,Greek yoghurt,Eggs,Oats,Dark Chocolate, protein powder, cheese, Broccoli etc..) then when my body gets at its lowest and my cravings ramp up I give into what my body is wanting and gorge on chocolate, dominoes, whoppers etc till I begin to feel normal again.

Its only after doing this that im no longer retaining water all the time... and pissing like a racehorse and all the other symptoms begin to normalize.

Just took my temp there bought a digitial thermometer. it came in at 35.9c I had been sitting on the couch for ten minutes watching something got up to check on my dinner cooking and while I was up took that reading I checked it twice and both times came in at 35.9 and 35.8

I feel a bit better today having ate a lot of food and been off work and relaxed, still look a bit dead around the eyes ( not as bright as when im healthy ) but feel much better than yesterday.. will still give my waking reading.

Should I take it as soon as I wake ? just roll over and stick it under my tongue for the reading or wait a few minutes upon wakening.

Cirion

Yeah man your body is literally starving and the cravings is your body desperately telling you to eat.

< 36 C (< 97F) is super low dude, especially in the day time when you're supposed to be well fed. 96-97F is really low even for a morning waking temperature.

Honestly you need to immediately stop ALL exercise (except maybe light walking) until you can *at least* keep temperature during the day 98.6F+ all day long.

Also, please don't count calories while doing this. I know where you're coming from, I come from a history of counting calories, but it's not going to be helpful in recovery. If you must count anything, count PUFA's.

Ron J

Yes, I place the same quantity of salt in a container everyday. To be exact, I'm taking 10620mg a day.
I eat 3 times a day, and consume carbs the first and second hours after each meal.
And I've had problems with sleep; sometimes it improves for a while.

OP
F

fendertele

Yeah man your body is literally starving and the cravings is your body desperately telling you to eat.

< 36 C (< 97F) is super low dude, especially in the day time when you're supposed to be well fed. 96-97F is really low even for a morning waking temperature.

Honestly you need to immediately stop ALL exercise (except maybe light walking) until you can *at least* keep temperature during the day 98.6F+ all day long.

im eating close to 7k a day I don't think I can eat anymore... well I probably could as im never full.... which is strange.. last year I did the same workouts probably more intense and I worked a manual labour job... im now in a sedentary job however it is night shift so no sun light and I guess its more mentally draining where as the other job wasn't stressful apart from while working.. lifting etc.

maybe im doing the readings wrong I sat it under my tongue to the left side closed mouth and breathed lightly through nose once it took the the reading it beeped.

ill try another run on it and see if its any different.

Luckytype

Thats actually pretty bad for a temp during the day.

One of things that is ultra important is recovery and im confident @Cirion will echo is the priority of balance and consistency. This means food, sleep, rest etc etc. so if you said you consistently got 4g sodium per day, vs a couple days of 10g, the daily intake is considerably better. On a basic level this gorging can explain some of the puffiness all over and some of the water retention. Eating a ton can be stressful at times too.

I noticed as i got healthier(im still a while out) i was not peeing all the time. My body learned to balance water and minerals better.

Regular balanced meals, or even a few larger meals spaced well with snacks eaten regularly is part of this. The body has to trust that its ok before it will release the stress cycle. This took a couple years for me

OP
F

fendertele

Thats actually pretty bad for a temp during the day.

One of things that is ultra important is recovery and im confident @Cirion will echo is the priority of balance and consistency. This means food, sleep, rest etc etc. so if you said you consistently got 4g sodium per day, vs a couple days of 10g, the daily intake is considerably better. On a basic level this gorging can explain some of the puffiness all over and some of the water retention. Eating a ton can be stressful at times too.

I noticed as i got healthier(im still a while out) i was not peeing all the time. My body learned to balance water and minerals better.

Regular balanced meals, or even a few larger meals spaced well with snacks eaten regularly is part of this. The body has to trust that its ok before it will release the stress cycle. This took a couple years for me

Its the days I eat junk and get more sodium that I don't retain as much water.. as my urine is closer to a yellowy colour... the days I eat healthy and watch my sodium intake is the days my urine is always clear no matter how much I urinate and its usually a lot! like I have no idea where the water is coming from as im going so much and can see the retention go down only for it to come back again despite not drinking anything else.

Cirion

im eating close to 7k a day I don't think I can eat anymore... well I probably could as im never full.... which is strange.. last year I did the same workouts probably more intense and I worked a manual labour job... im now in a sedentary job however it is night shift so no sun light and I guess its more mentally draining where as the other job wasn't stressful apart from while working.. lifting etc.

maybe im doing the readings wrong I sat it under my tongue to the left side closed mouth and breathed lightly through nose once it took the the reading it beeped.

ill try another run on it and see if its any different.

That's a lot of calories for sure. But no one but your own body can tell you how much it needs. For some it may be 3-4k cal, for others it may be 10k+ (not saying it is, but is a possibility). I did 7-10k a day for about a week or so after I got off the extreme diet I did a few years back, so I know how that feels... I'm still doing up to 5k cal a day and gained a ton of weight, this is I believe a defense mechanism that the body has once finally turning off a massive stressor, to repair various cells and hormonal systems. Depending how long the damage has been incurred, more repair = more time will be required (and ample calories). I myself still have massive bloat from the repairs going on in my body still, but I'm persevering in the hope that eventually it goes away because restricting calories certainly is not an option.

The info on night shift is enlightening, this helps explain a lot too. Night shifts are extremely stressful on the body. If possible, try to move to a day shift job as soon as you can. It's very hard (not impossible) but difficult to recover while working an unnatural shift and never getting proper sunlight. If this is not possible, try to invest in some high power (300-1000W) incandescent bulbs and maybe do some tanning beds.

And yeah food isn't the only answer, rest (and sunlight as mentioned), lowering stress in general, all matter. Problem is besides sunlight, sleep is likely going to suffer from a night shift. And night is a stressor in and of itself (RP talks about this).

OP
F

fendertele

yeah getting a consistent 35.8 would testing while relaxed be the best time to check or when im moving about... as im going to be colder when not doing anything.

OP
F

fendertele

That's a lot of calories for sure. But no one but your own body can tell you how much it needs. For some it may be 3-4k cal, for others it may be 10k+ (not saying it is, but is a possibility). I did 7-10k a day for about a week or so after I got off the extreme diet I did a few years back, so I know how that feels... I'm still doing up to 5k cal a day and gained a ton of weight, this is I believe a defense mechanism that the body has once finally turning off a massive stressor, to repair various cells and hormonal systems. Depending how long the damage has been incurred, more repair = more time will be required (and ample calories). I myself still have massive bloat from the repairs going on in my body still, but I'm persevering in the hope that eventually it goes away because restricting calories certainly is not an option.

The info on night shift is enlightening, this helps explain a lot too. Night shifts are extremely stressful on the body. If possible, try to move to a day shift job as soon as you can. It's very hard (not impossible) but difficult to recover while working an unnatural shift and never getting proper sunlight. If this is not possible, try to invest in some high power (300-1000W) incandescent bulbs and maybe do some tanning beds.

And yeah food isn't the only answer, rest (and sunlight as mentioned), lowering stress in general, all matter. Problem is besides sunlight, sleep is likely going to suffer at night. And night is a stressor in and of itself (RP talks about this).

yeah im a nightshift cab driver... the job itself isn't all that stressful physically but can be mentally draining however I never hate my job. so that must be a good sign, I was getting loads of sunlight last year working out doors was burnt to a crisp most days and despite working out harder and doing manual labour was feeling great on 3k calories.

If im honest im a total night owl... I seem to come alive around night time but I have been thinking about sunbeds for a while as im very pale.

I guess I have made muscle gains which might explain also my need for a bigger intake of cals… I just know when im not right... black under eyes despite sleep, actual whites of eyes look grey/red veins etc... and all the other mentioned symptoms.. but as said I feel better today I've actually been to the toilet twice ive not been in a 4/5 days before so that is a good sign...

so it's worrying if my reading is bad on a better day hate to think what it looks like on a lifting day.

Ive purched some gluco tabs as it had been mentioned my glucose needs refilling...

anyways I shall do the morning test and see if that indicates much,

I've always suspected that as I was once adrenal insufficient despite now getting normal readings.. that maybe my adrenals aren't as normal as they say and not able to cope with working out like a normal person.

Luckytype

Its time to stop training for a while, easy walks for 20min, resting big time, focusing on dumping the crappy food and start loading on nutrient dense food. It sucks to do, but your body is telling you to

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals