NDT, High T3, Low TSH, High Adrenaline, Low Progesterone- Help!

butterfly888

Hello friends!

I have been on NDT (Natur-Throid) for about 3 months for low T3...Had been doing VLC/Bulletproof off and on for a year and started peating about 2 months ago, when I had unavoidable sugar cravings and was looking for some validation that I indeed needed glucose!

I have been on the full dose of 2 grains of NDT for about 6 weeks now and am experiencing some symptoms related to high adrenaline (freezing feet, wired but tired, anxiety, diarrhea, insomnia, on high alert, hypoglycemia).

My thyroid levels were just retested and I am now slightly hyper, but I am not experiencing any symptoms of increased metabolism (high temps, weight loss, thirst, etc).

I was using small amounts (60 mg) of bio-identical progesterone cream for about 4 months for irregular menses and did not see much change. I recently increased the dose (100 mg) and now feel worse (bloated, labored breathing, fatigue).

My test results (reference ranges in parentheses)

Free T3
: 4.7 HIGH (2.0-4.4 pg/mL)

Free T4: 1.75 NORMAL (0.71-1.85 ng/dL)

TSH
: 0.012 LOW (0.350-5.500 uIU/mL)

RT3: 16.4 NORMAL (9.0-27.0 ng/dL)

Progesterone: 1.7 NG/ML

Estradiol: 18

Testosterone: 23 (9-55 ng/dL)

Vitamin D: 54

Ferritin: 81

Magnesium: 2.3 mmol/L

I’m wondering if pregnenolone would help since the progesterone isn’t behaving well!

My doc believes my adrenals are overwhelmed by the thyroid medication and recommends an adrenal adaptogen tincture…

Supplement wise, I currently take magnesium glycinate, B complex, zinc, b6, C and occasionally theanine (never seems to have an effect)

Diet-wise, I've been having orange juice, coffee with cream and honey, sea-salt, great lakes collagen, lots of fruit, a little bit of meat (haven’t been craving it), a little cheese, oatmeal, and rice (sometimes have intense starch cravings!).

I would love any and all thoughts! There seems to be a great deal of wisdom here. I’d love to feel, well, less UGH.

Thank you!
:loveletter:

Rickyman

Did members stop participating? I am new here but been reading the forum for sometime now. I noticed that new post don't really get any replies.

Rickyman

I really am not sure about the labs, maybe too much thyroid but I've never used that product. As for diet and supplements I had bad digestion on such a diet, an anti-seretonin drug helped me a alot personally, I've had no issues since. Have you plugged your diet into something like CRON-O-Meter: Track nutrition & count calories to make sure your getting enough protein, from what you said of your diet I'm not sure how much you're getting. It's possible your vitamin A intake isn;t adequete, do you consume liver?

Some of the supplements are potentially or likely problematic. The vitamin C being a likely culprit, potentially the b-complex, perhaps the zinc. I think stopping the zinc and the C would be good. For b-vitamins Ray Peat has recommended Niacinamide and Thiamine as pretty safe. Personally I only use small amounts (100 mg max) during the daylight. I also have had issues with added powdered collagen, not saying it is always problematic for everyone though. And orange juice, if the amount of citric acid is too high can DEFINITELY cause bowel issues. Frankly I think a person should eat as much carbohydrate from rice (uneneriched) and potatoes as they desire. Danny Roddy's most recent podcast with Peat on supplements is great and really jives with my experiences:
I can relate with the adrenaline symptoms. I would maybe try going without the coffee for awhile, see how things feel. Doing that is hard for me personally but I think it is a good idea when trying to figure out the thyroid supplementation. Coffee should not be required to have energy and get through the day. Not having it can sometimes reveal things.

I'll also say that Ray Peat has talked about the necessity of cycling Progesterone supplementation. The info should be on the forum but if you can't find it I can try to help, probably it is discussed in an interview which can be found on Search
Hope you feel better! :)

Even liquid topical Vit C? I've been using Vitamin C Serum by pure body naturals

meatbag

Even liquid topical Vit C? I've been using Vitamin C Serum by pure body naturals

In that interview Peat seems to think that the modern production methods for vitamin C produce a contaminated product. Some one put vitamin C in water and measured the free radical activity and it was a ridiculous amount. Applying things topically might be safer but I'm not sure if, based on what Ray Peat said in the interviews, it would negate any of the possibly negative aspects.

Rickyman

In that interview Peat seems to think that the modern production methods for vitamin C produce a contaminated product. Some one put vitamin C in water and measured the free radical activity and it was a ridiculous amount. Applying things topically might be safer but I'm not sure if, based on what Ray Peat said in the interviews, it would negate any of the possibly negative aspects.

Interesting, I'll look for that info thanks!

sele

Welcome @butterfly888 .

VLC + NDT= Slow poison.

For god sake eat some sugar.
At least 200g a day. :)
Gradually cut down your NDT.

sele

I have been on the full dose of 2 grains of NDT for about 6 weeks now and am experiencing some symptoms related to high adrenaline (freezing feet, wired but tired, anxiety, diarrhea, insomnia, on high alert, hypoglycemia).
Definitely high adrenaline.
Thyroid increases demand for glucose.
If supply is low, adrenaline/cortisol is released to breakdown tissue and provide glucose.
If thyroid and progesterone does not help you in small amounts, do not increase the dose.
The problem lies in energy (glycogen) storage and supply.
Focus on vitamins B3, B7 and B2.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals