anyone used hydrocortisone to help tolerate/utilize thyroid?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

T3 interact with cortisol production and even in micro-doses it still can be a problem for a majority of people with subpar adrenals function.
This is soo me... I'm taking not 1/6th of the NDT grain and still having muscle twitches at times. Before that, I was taking around 1 grain and after a week or so i did a blood test as I was suspecting hormones simply are accumulating in the blood unused, I was right as my hormones were thru the roof.

While i am waiting for the hydrocortisone, I am now experimenting with pregnanolone, today on day 2 my pulse already raised, i hope it's from the increase in cortisol!!!!!

I will be retesting my hormones including saliva cortisol this weekend, and hopefully i won't have to use HC.

Unknownuser

Hi,
A variety of clinical evidence do support the hypothesis that hCG has intrinsic thyroid stimulating activity.
The alpha-subunit of hCG is identical to the alpha-subunit of TSH, so interactions seem likely to exist.
It also have this similarity with LH and FSH. Do you have any blood tests done about those two?
Low thyroid function and/or low cortisol production can both induce weight loss.
Your recent lab results regarding your thyroid function seem to confirm a subclinical hypothyroidism.
Did you test thyroid antibodies as well?
I think that small dose of prednisone and T4 can probably be helpful to normalize your thyroid function.
I don’t know what is currently available to your location but something like 500 mcg of prednisone (in the morning) and 12,5 mcg of T4 (ideally before bedtime) could be tried for like two weeks and then you can probably reassess your thyroid function via new blood tests. Keeping an eye on how you emotionally feel, tracking your pulse and temperature, your resistance to stress ect.....
Pregnenolone can help tremendously but you have to find a brand and a dosage that’s ideally suit you. It can be tricky as well as money consuming but I think that it can worth the expense depending on your finances. High protein and calcium intake are very important while on those exogenous hormones ( even on low doses ). Vitamin D is important as well but tricky to correctly dosing.

Hi Wilfrid,

sorry for the late reply. I have my LH and FSH tested after 4 months of 250 UI HCG Mo/We/Fr. They were very low while FT3 was very high. I guess that high FT3 depleted my already low cortisol. Thats why I feel so miserable.

I tested thyroid antibodies about 2 years ago and everything was fine. Ultrasonic showed no hashimoto. My thyroid is a bit small. And my TSH jumps between 2 and 4. But FT3 and FT4 were always good. Unfortunately I never tested adrenal function. But since Dhea and Pregnenolone did wonders for me, I am guessing my adrenals do not work properly. Also I have heavy exocrine pancreas insufficiency. And even though I take lots of digestive enzymes, my stool is fatty and swimming. So maybe I am guessing that my cholesterol is low. I want to check cholesterol levels soon.

I take 10mg Pregnenolone a day from Swanson. Its the only brand I tested so far. Also taking 25mg DHEA a day from Swanson. I open both capsules and put the powder under my tongue for about 5-10 minutes before breakfast.

I have methylprednisone here wich must be equal to prednisone. I will try 500mcg as you say. You think 500mcg a day can shut down my own production? I am not sure about taking T4. Here you can see my thyroid results from 2 weeks ago and hormone status from last week:

Attachments

• Hormontest.png
    Hormontest.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Schilddruese.png
    Schilddruese.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 32

Wilfrid

Hi Wilfrid,

sorry for the late reply. I have my LH and FSH tested after 4 months of 250 UI HCG Mo/We/Fr. They were very low while FT3 was very high. I guess that high FT3 depleted my already low cortisol. Thats why I feel so miserable.

I tested thyroid antibodies about 2 years ago and everything was fine. Ultrasonic showed no hashimoto. My thyroid is a bit small. And my TSH jumps between 2 and 4. But FT3 and FT4 were always good. Unfortunately I never tested adrenal function. But since Dhea and Pregnenolone did wonders for me, I am guessing my adrenals do not work properly. Also I have heavy exocrine pancreas insufficiency. And even though I take lots of digestive enzymes, my stool is fatty and swimming. So maybe I am guessing that my cholesterol is low. I want to check cholesterol levels soon.

I take 10mg Pregnenolone a day from Swanson. Its the only brand I tested so far. Also taking 25mg DHEA a day from Swanson. I open both capsules and put the powder under my tongue for about 5-10 minutes before breakfast.

I have methylprednisone here wich must be equal to prednisone. I will try 500mcg as you say. You think 500mcg a day can shut down my own production? I am not sure about taking T4. Here you can see my thyroid results from 2 weeks ago and hormone status from last week:
Hi,
Corticosteroids are very potent drugs.
A dosage within 150-500 mcg is perfectly safe (for prednisone and it’s derivatives) as long as you watch carefully about your calcium, protein and calories intake.
Chronopharmacology is very important too for these drugs.
Pregnenolone can be safely added with nothing but benefits, considering you already reacted positively to it.

Last edited:

Unknownuser

Hi,
Corticosteroids are very potent drugs.
A dosage within 150-500 mcg is perfectly safe (for prednisone and it’s derivatives) as long as you watch carefully about your calcium, protein and calories intake.
Chronopharmacology is very important too for these drugs.
Pregnenolone can be safely added with nothing but benefits, considering you already reacted positively to it.

Yes Preg and Dhea are real life savers for me. Before my trauma in 2012 I was pretty relaxed and easy going. But ever since I had huuuge anxiety issues. On a level where I could not leave my home. I was off Dhea and Preg in August to November. And had days with heavy anxiety again where I was almost not able to order coffee. So super nervous and anxious. I started taking those two a month ago and now am relaxed and easier going again.

I now started TRT today because of my post finasteride syndrome but actually also because I have all symptoms of low T, even though my T in the body is pretty good. Lets see where that leads me to. I am 39 so most guys start TRT even earlier.

mgrabs

Yes Preg and Dhea are real life savers for me. Before my trauma in 2012 I was pretty relaxed and easy going. But ever since I had huuuge anxiety issues. On a level where I could not leave my home. I was off Dhea and Preg in August to November. And had days with heavy anxiety again where I was almost not able to order coffee. So super nervous and anxious. I started taking those two a month ago and now am relaxed and easier going again.

I now started TRT today because of my post finasteride syndrome but actually also because I have all symptoms of low T, even though my T in the body is pretty good. Lets see where that leads me to. I am 39 so most guys start TRT even earlier.
What dose dhea and preg?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals