Low Cortisol / Poor Adrenal Function

youngsinatra

Hello everyone,

Roughly one month ago I started taking NDT in hope to improve my chronically low pulse (~50) and body temperature (36.0 C upon waking up), I step-by-step increased the dose, ramped up to 1 grain after 1 week, felt very good for the first week and then I began to feel bit worse every week afterwards.

My pulse at first increased to the desired 85 bpms, but after a while it plummeted even lower than baseline. (<50)
My body temperature got up to 37.0 C at first, but then tanked very bad to scary ~35.2 C degrees. I began to feel pretty nervously energetic, where I could not sit still, but still felt pretty shitty.

I started googling „bad responses to NDT“ and saw an article on „Stop The Thyroid Madness“. They wrote, that low cortisol can cause hypothyroid symptoms without diagnosable hypothyroidism. (Well my doctor said that I don’t have hypothyroidism, but I always had symptoms of it.)

I stopped NDT for a few days, began supplementing high dose B5 (1g/day) and ate more vitamin C rich fruits, and voila body temperature rose to 36.8-37.2 C, pulse still around ~60. For the first time in a long time I felt like all my health symptoms disappeared for a few days. Felt super calm, yet had lots of energy and clear headedness, woke up on time every morning, less caffeine-dependency.

I interestingly always responded pretty bad to all the anti-cortisol supplements.

I want to investigate more now. I‘ve seen there are some useful tests for adrenal insufficiency problems (like saliva cortisol testing, HTMA, ACTH stimulation test etc.)

Would like to know your experience with „low cortisol/poor adrenal function“ and what helped you!

Also, how can we fix adrenals/thyroid through the peatarian perspective?

I likely will have access to synthetic T3 and T3/T4 mix soon. I also have pregnenolone on hand, which could theoretically help.

Last edited:

Hidden49

The copper supplementation probably fried your adrenals

I use this sometimes I think it’s good

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

The copper supplementation probably fried your adrenals

I use this sometimes I think it’s good
Definitely possible. I‘ve read that low copper/ceruloplasmin can also be caused by adrenal exhaustion.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This one is pretty powerful too if you need serious help. I learned about it from a member here and it helped pull me out of a near adrenal crisis after my husband was vaxed last year. It has bio identical cortisone so probably not ideal long term but it can buy time to get a good longer term plan in place.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I think Ray said that T3 + pregnenolone combi would avoid nearly all adrenal issues, right?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

This one is pretty powerful too if you need serious help. I learned about it from a member here and it helped pull me out of a near adrenal crisis after my husband was vaxed last year. It has bio identical cortisone so probably not ideal long term but it can buy time to get a good longer term plan in place.
Thanks!

Apple

Hello everyone,

Roughly one month ago I started taking NDT in hope to improve my chronically low pulse (~50) and body temperature (36.0 C upon waking up), I step-by-step increased the dose, ramped up to 1 grain after 1 week, felt very good for the first week and then I began to feel bit worse every week afterwards.

My pulse at first increased to the desired 85 bpms, but after a while it plummeted even lower than baseline. (<50)
My body temperature got up to 37.0 C at first, but then tanked very bad to scary ~35.2 C degrees. I began to feel pretty nervously energetic, where I could not sit still, but still felt pretty shitty.
Do you ever or often have cold hands/ feet ?
If yes, did this increase of temperature resolve it ?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Do you ever or often have cold hands/ feet ?
If yes, did this increase of temperature resolve it ?
No, in fact, my body temperature felt normal/sometimes hot, even while I was objectively having very low body temperature.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

No, in fact, my body temperature felt normal/sometimes hot, even while I was objectively having very low body temperature.
I think it’s due to my low norepinephrine and high acetylcholine phenotype. If I take procholinergic stuff I get so damn hot and sweaty and my hands/feet are really toasty hot, so that others comment on that. „Your hands are on fire“

I think cold hands and feet are more adrenaline-fueled.

Hidden49

I would get the HTMA done, my guess is it will show hidden copper toxicity signs like low potassium, low Na:K ratio, high Ca:K and possibly low magnesium.

redsun

I think it’s due to my low norepinephrine and high acetylcholine phenotype. If I take procholinergic stuff I get so damn hot and sweaty and my hands/feet are really toasty hot, so that others comment on that. „Your hands are on fire“

I think cold hands and feet are more adrenaline-fueled.
The problem with the extremities is that they are more dependent on vasodilatory factors to maintain adequate blood flow compared to other parts of the body. This means they are also more susceptible to vasoconstrictive signals. So lack of vasodilatory signals or increase in vasoconstrictive signals can lead to cold extremities even if the body can maintain normal body temp. This balance can easily be screwed up in some people and we know here its a relatively common complaint.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I would get the HTMA done, my guess is it will show hidden copper toxicity signs like low potassium, low Na:K ratio, high Ca:K and possibly low magnesium.
Thanks. I was contemplating on getting a HTMA, even though the people I know of that worked with „Mineral Balancing“ only saw mixed results with it and after a few years stopped going down that path and moved on.

Connor888

I just started on Adrenavive. This product looks more powerful though; are you still taking it?

Apple

Interesting ...
So cold hands/feet is not necessarily a low core temperature/bpms problem as I thought before.

30 min of fast walking usually makes my hands warm, also faster heart rate and higher core temperature.
I guess Deiodinase 2 is responsible for this.
DIO2 catalyzes the production of T3 through outer ring deiodination of T4 and is present in brain, pituitary, thyroid, brown adipose tissue (BAT) and skeletal muscle. Exercise increases DIO2 activity.

Though there are probably different things to consider apart from thyroid as @redsun mentioned.
Coffee is supposed to have vasoconstrictive properties.
Tea is vasolidating.
Surely someone with big meaty hands is more likely warmhanded

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Connor888, no. I just used it short term when I was having acute problems. It was very effective though and I still have some left if the need ever arises again which hopefully it does not.

FitnessMike

I have tried to fix your adrenal before the thyroid thing first, and even though initially i saw improvements in my pulse, and went to optimal for like 2 weeks with a low dose of the adrenal cortex, i could never replicate this again, with a low dose of cortisol, cortex multiple times a day and all the herbs that boost cortisol like Rehmannia and licorice root.

The entire protocol how to address your cortisol is explained in this book, and seems that is has worked for some? many? peoples.
Amazon product ASIN 190514010XView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Thyroid-How-Keep-Healthy/dp/190514010X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3BVQWHK9LTGDH&keywords=your+thyroid+and+how+to+keep+it+healthy&qid=1683830951&sprefix=thyroid+and+how+to+k%2Caps%2C182&sr=8-1

also, i would suggest reading this, Hypothyroidism and Adrenal Fatigue: Why Treating Your Adrenals Is Ruining Your Thyroid

It could be honestly that you increased NDT too quickly and caused too much of a rt3 which further lowered metabolism.

Connor888

I have tried to fix your adrenal before the thyroid thing first, and even though initially i saw improvements in my pulse, and went to optimal for like 2 weeks with a low dose of the adrenal cortex, i could never replicate this again, with a low dose of cortisol, cortex multiple times a day and all the herbs that boost cortisol like Rehmannia and licorice root.

The entire protocol how to address your cortisol is explained in this book, and seems that is has worked for some? many? peoples.
Amazon product ASIN 190514010XView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Thyroid-How-Keep-Healthy/dp/190514010X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3BVQWHK9LTGDH&keywords=your+thyroid+and+how+to+keep+it+healthy&qid=1683830951&sprefix=thyroid+and+how+to+k%2Caps%2C182&sr=8-1

also, i would suggest reading this, Hypothyroidism and Adrenal Fatigue: Why Treating Your Adrenals Is Ruining Your Thyroid

It could be honestly that you increased NDT too quickly and caused too much of a rt3 which further lowered metabolism.
did you ever feel the effects of high adrenaline mike? soz if i missed it. trying to figure out how to lower mine; i started on adrenal cortex recently too funnily enough and noticed my basal temp has been a little higher some days, but too soon to say. im hoping this cortex can reduce my adrenaline a bit since nothing else worked, but i have no idea if it is suppose to even.

FitnessMike

did you ever feel the effects of high adrenaline mike? soz if i missed it. trying to figure out how to lower mine; i started on adrenal cortex recently too funnily enough and noticed my basal temp has been a little higher some days, but too soon to say. im hoping this cortex can reduce my adrenaline a bit since nothing else worked, but i have no idea if it is suppose to even.
taurine, inosine top of my head

tallglass13

Ray had mentioned that T3 and cortisol work together and have to be in balance. Ray just never really elaborated on that. Others have written that T3 needs to "buddy up" with cortisol. T3 uses up cortisol. In my view, the adrenals are a much larger organ that the thyroid, and we have two, So they are more important if you had to choose. In stress, we use up alot of adrenal hormones. So I think it's prudent to at least keep them replenished. B5 and Vit C, plus the use of licorice here and there. Some even up super low dose cortisone when taken T3.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals