Is Oral Temperature An Accurate Measurement Of Deep Body Temperature? A Systematic Review

I'd say it's pretty accurate. When I succesfully latch onto the 37.0°c setpoint, and feel comfortable, it reads 37.0°c. When I start feeling even a little bit hot, it reads 37.1°c.

Since your brain is infinitely more accurate than your thermometer, I'd say with those kind of readings, the thermometer is pretty accurate as well. I don't think the body has a setpoint higher than 37.0°c.

It becomes inaccurate if you've had your mouth open a lot (talking), drank anything within the last 15-20 minutes, have a lot of saliva around the probe, or things like that, can mess up the readings...

DaveFoster

Once you start though it's hard to not prefer taking it rectally
o_O

Sorry Blossom but whos moderating your posts? I nearly choked on my coffee and oyster milkshake (T3 sprinkles) when i read this.

I can visit other sites for this kind of thing frankly. Im not sure its approved in a RP context, but who knows?? :D ;)
:raypeatcoffee

Ahanu

I'd say it's pretty accurate. When I succesfully latch onto the 37.0°c setpoint, and feel comfortable, it reads 37.0°c. When I start feeling even a little bit hot, it reads 37.1°c.

Since your brain is infinitely more accurate than your thermometer, I'd say with those kind of readings, the thermometer is pretty accurate as well. I don't think the body has a setpoint higher than 37.0°c.
shouldnt the oral temp reading then be 37,5 according to broda barnes as he defined 98.6 as the normal setpoint and he used axilary reading or do i have some error in my thinking?

"Based on our observations, it is found that an average of temperature of both sides of axilla represents the axillary temperature more accurately and to get the correct oral equivalent of axillary temperature one should add 1 degree F to the mean axillary temperature.
Variation of axillary temperature and its correlation with oral temperature. - PubMed - NCBI

Edit:The 37 for axilary is what feesl comfortable to me. 37,1 in the high peak of the day also. so maybe people have different setpoints?!

Last edited:

Ahanu

wikipeadia:
Barnes developed and promoted a diagnostic test for thyroid function that became known as the "Barnes Basal Temperature Test". This test is performed by placing a thermometer in the armpit for 10 minutes immediately upon waking

Last edited:
Richfield goes by 37.0 measured orally and that's what I aim for as well.

Armpit is way too slow and unreliable in my opinion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals