Sheep Kefir Increases Temperature

JacobG

I have recently started to include home made sheep kefir in my diet. First of all I do tolerate it much better than any other dairy I have tried. The first day was a little rough as I experienced a histamine reaction. But since then there is not really a problem anymore.

The other thing is that it seems to dial up my temperature. Before consuming it my temperature during the day was frequently around 36.3C-36.7C. Now with the sheep kefir I feel quite warm and hit 37.0-37.1C. Has anyone also experienced this? What could cause this change in temperature? I still eat fairly low carb: 80-100g of proteins (meat, eggs, kefir), 160-200g of fat (butter, tallow), 60-100g of carbs (fruit, honey) a day.

My diet has been quite low calcium, could that be it? I also notice a calming effect from the kefir.

Last edited:

miquelangeles

Calories can do that. Sheep milk has 2x more fat than cow milk, plus the easily digestible nutrients from the fermentation process.
200g of butter per day seems excessive.

Jib

Big fan of kefir. Kefiran is a constituent of it, a particular polysaccharide, and there is a mountain of research online about its benefits, and more. Just type "kefir" into PubMed and you can occupy yourself for hours easily. There are many alleged benefits.

I think there are more mechanisms than calories going on, as many times I've been on an extreme hyper-caloric diet with very low body temperature. I think the actual foods matter just as much, if not more, than calorie intake. Kefir seems to have many special properties that are quite different from unfermented milk, and even other types of fermented milk such as yogurt.

I get a calming effect from full fat kefir as well. When I make it with lower fat milk, I don't get the same effect. I've been trying to cut fat down in my diet quite a bit, and am really on the fence with kefir, but it just tastes so much better with at least 2% milk, best with whole milk. 1% is fairly thin and not very palatable, and also seems to taste more acidic, probably due to the higher lactose content.

If sheep milk is even higher in fat, that would make sense, as miquel pointed out.

Dr. B

Calories can do that. Sheep milk has 2x more fat than cow milk, plus the easily digestible nutrients from the fermentation process.
200g of butter per day seems excessive.
I heard its 2x more fat and 2x more protein than cow milk (maybe 2x more calories or close to it, not sure of carb content).
I wonder if it has 2x the nutrients per cup as well? I imagine the milk should be a lot thicker and creamier compared to cows milk?

miquelangeles

I heard its 2x more fat and 2x more protein than cow milk (maybe 2x more calories or close to it, not sure of carb content).
I wonder if it has 2x the nutrients per cup as well? I imagine the milk should be a lot thicker and creamier compared to cows milk?
Yes it has 2x protein, 2x retinol than cow’s milk, as well as high conjugated linoleic acid, which are all thermogenic. I had the same experience as JacobG in the last several months. I’ve been using only milk and cheese made from unhomogenized goat’s or sheep milk. As well as raw donkey milk. Makes me feel very warm.

Attachments

• CB800D95-40DE-4EC2-80C9-A46182F60205.jpeg
    CB800D95-40DE-4EC2-80C9-A46182F60205.jpeg
    662.6 KB · Views: 12
  • D5855C7E-6C93-4B76-B388-06C6B8C025D0.jpeg
    D5855C7E-6C93-4B76-B388-06C6B8C025D0.jpeg
    392.3 KB · Views: 12

Dr. B

Yes it has 2x protein, 2x retinol than cow’s milk, as well as high conjugated linoleic acid, which are all thermogenic. I had the same experience as JacobG in the last several months. I’ve been using only milk and cheese made from unhomogenized goat’s or sheep milk. As well as raw donkey milk. Makes me feel very warm.
where do you get raw donkey milk or raw horse milk from mate? ive been looking to try reindeer, donkey, horse and yaks milk. ive tried most others. camel milk is very salty tasting, like you salted milk. buffalo milk is sweet, almost like you added sugar to cows milk.
Ray said CLA is good if youre loaded with pufa but it has bad effects of its own. im not sure what the issues are with it. he said amount in butter is safe.
I asked him because pomegranate seed oil/extract is actually almost pure CLA. seems a much safer way to supplement CLA if youre interested. but he didnt seem to like the idea. most cla supplements seem to be processed safflower oil, they somehow cause breakouts in a lot of people. was thinking pomegranate seed oil/extract would be a lot safer.
but does it have 2x of the calcium and b vitamins im not sure about those mate the 2x retinol and CLA is probably simply since its double the fat and those are fats i think calcium/b vitamins may be the same idk

miquelangeles

where do you get raw donkey milk or raw horse milk from mate? ive been looking to try reindeer, donkey, horse and yaks milk. ive tried most others. camel milk is very salty tasting, like you salted milk. buffalo milk is sweet, almost like you added sugar to cows milk.
Ray said CLA is good if youre loaded with pufa but it has bad effects of its own. im not sure what the issues are with it. he said amount in butter is safe.
I asked him because pomegranate seed oil/extract is actually almost pure CLA. seems a much safer way to supplement CLA if youre interested. but he didnt seem to like the idea. most cla supplements seem to be processed safflower oil, they somehow cause breakouts in a lot of people. was thinking pomegranate seed oil/extract would be a lot safer.
but does it have 2x of the calcium and b vitamins im not sure about those mate the 2x retinol and CLA is probably simply since its double the fat and those are fats i think calcium/b vitamins may be the same idk
It has double the calcium, and some B vitamins are 2x or even 4x although still in trace amounts:

That’s interesting about pomegranate seeds, thanks for mentioning.
Fresh donkey milk is available in many European countries now. I’ve seen several news reports on TV in the last few years about donkey farms being successful businesses. Parents buy it for kids with asthma. It tastes fine but not as enjoyable as cow’s or goat’s milk. It’s very satiating and I can’t drink more than 200ml at a time. The recommended dose is 100ml per day.
Also powdered horse milk is available, from some French company.

Dr. B

It has double the calcium, and some B vitamins are 2x or even 4x although still in trace amounts:

That’s interesting about pomegranate seeds, thanks for mentioning.
Fresh donkey milk is available in many European countries now. I’ve seen several news reports on TV in the last few years about donkey farms being successful businesses. Parents buy it for kids with asthma. It tastes fine but not as enjoyable as cow’s or goat’s milk. It’s very satiating and I can’t drink more than 200ml at a time. The recommended dose is 100ml per day.
Also powdered horse milk is available, from some French company.
wheres powdered horse milk?
whats the issue with donkey, is it lower in fat and carbs? why so satiating?
i heard reindeer milk popular in scandanivia, horse and yak milk popular in certain parts of asia and europe

miquelangeles

wheres powdered horse milk?
whats the issue with donkey, is it lower in fat and carbs? why so satiating?
i heard reindeer milk popular in scandanivia, horse and yak milk popular in certain parts of asia and europe
Not sure why it’s so satiating. Maybe it stimulates the immune system too much. It is considered to be like colostrum. Also, they say it’s the closest thing to real human milk and used to be given to newborns. Pope Francis was fed donkey milk when he was an infant.
Don’t know about yak or reindeer milk.
But dolphin milk used to be available when I was a boy.

Dr. B

Not sure why it’s so satiating. Maybe it stimulates the immune system too much. It is considered to be like colostrum. Also, they say it’s the closest thing to real human milk and used to be given to newborns. Pope Francis was fed donkey milk when he was an infant.
wow amazing mate, fresh dolphin milk ? what country?
amazing do they ship the US? how do they keep the milk cold shipping internationally which country is this milk website in

Dr. B

?

VitoScaletta

Do you still drink it?

Dr. B

mate where are you getting raw donkey milk? how does the taste compare to cows milk, camel milk, goat and sheep?