Sleep Improvement, Steve Richfield And Temperature

Milena

I've been toying with doing Steve Richfield's temperature reset protocol and finally got down to it last Saturday. I managed to get my temperature up to 37C in a hot bath and spend the rest of the day bundled up in bed. Sunday afternoon, temperature crashed to 35C :)
Now I am in air-conditioned office (cooler set at 76F) wearing a fleece and long trousers. Hands and feet are warm but no sweating and my oral temp is between 36.2C and 36.6C. The rest of the building are in shorts.

Staying warm at night really improves my sleep. I don't wear pajamas but am now using a double quilt system. One 13Tog topped by a folded kingsize 13Tog for a triple layer. I sweat a bit but don't kick it off. Still waking around 3am but no longer have to get up to pee. Morning and mid-night temps around 36.2C.

Anyway, trawling the net I found this article in defence of an actual switch to control a temperature setpoint - Resetting the Body's Thermostat with a Molecular On/Off Switch
Wikipedia has an article on the protein mentioned - TRPM2 - Wikipedia

Lo and behold "A role has been suggested for TRPM2 in activation of NLRP3 inflammasome, the dysregulation of which is strongly associated with a number of auto inflammatory and metabolic diseases, such as gout, obesity and diabetes." REF Zhong Z, Zhai Y, Liang S, Mori Y, Han R, Sutterwala FS, Qiao L (2013). "TRPM2 links oxidative stress to NLRP3 inflammasome activation". Nature Communications. 4: 1611. doi:10.1038/ncomms2608. PMC 3605705
9px-Lock-green.svg.png
. PMID 23511475.

@haidut - how about a manipulator for this protein:crystalball:?:gift:

EnergeticLeo

hey do you have that PDF saved? would be really interesting! The website doesn't seem to be up anymore :(

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom