Stopping NDT?

Rtm320

Hi all,
Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend if you live in the states.

I am a 35 yr old female. Struggling a bit figuring out whether NDT is working for me or not, I am currently taking Tyromax and have been for about a year. I need to be more vigilent taking my temps but I still struggle with low body temp and blood sugar issues. I was taking almost two grains on it for a while and then decided to cut back and am now currently taking 5 drops in the morning which is two drops shy of a grain. My main concern is my hair, the miniaturization has gotten worse and it seems that any time I get lazy with my doses and dont take it for a while i start to shed which prompts me to get back on it. I feel kind of trapped. My hair is the thinnest it’s been and I’d like to maybe experiment off of it to see if anything changes. Do you think it’s possible to wean down off it without having any side effects of hair loss? Any advice or input would be appreciated, I am feeling so defeated these days. Thank-you so much in advance. Wishing everyone the best.

olive

Thyroid isn’t something to just play with. If you’re inconsistent in dosing you’d probably be better off without. It will take about a week for your normal thyroid levels to return. Don’t bother tapering off, just stop taking it and ride out the shitty week you have ahead.

sweetpeat

I went completely off thyroid as an experiment in summer of 2015. I was taking about the equivalent of a grain at the time. I took a half dose for 2 days then just stopped completely. Knowing what I know now, I agree with olive to not worry about tapering. A grain isn't that big of a dose really.

I don't recall having issues with my hair, but it probably affects everyone differently. I kept a daily log for a couple of weeks of any symptoms and/or improvements to my health rather than trusting to my memory. My main issues coming off were digestion, skin, sleep, fatigue and brain fog.

This time of year is a good time to try dropping it and see what happens.

lampofred

Hi all,
Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend if you live in the states.

I am a 35 yr old female. Struggling a bit figuring out whether NDT is working for me or not, I am currently taking Tyromax and have been for about a year. I need to be more vigilent taking my temps but I still struggle with low body temp and blood sugar issues. I was taking almost two grains on it for a while and then decided to cut back and am now currently taking 5 drops in the morning which is two drops shy of a grain. My main concern is my hair, the miniaturization has gotten worse and it seems that any time I get lazy with my doses and dont take it for a while i start to shed which prompts me to get back on it. I feel kind of trapped. My hair is the thinnest it’s been and I’d like to maybe experiment off of it to see if anything changes. Do you think it’s possible to wean down off it without having any side effects of hair loss? Any advice or input would be appreciated, I am feeling so defeated these days. Thank-you so much in advance. Wishing everyone the best.

Aspirin, coffee, fructose, keeping phosphate low, getting ample animal protein, avoiding PUFA, red light exposure, gelatin, and all the fat soluble vitamins are several things that help with hair.

OP
R

Rtm320

I went completely off thyroid as an experiment in summer of 2015. I was taking about the equivalent of a grain at the time. I took a half dose for 2 days then just stopped completely. Knowing what I know now, I agree with olive to not worry about tapering. A grain isn't that big of a dose really.

I don't recall having issues with my hair, but it probably affects everyone differently. I kept a daily log for a couple of weeks of any symptoms and/or improvements to my health rather than trusting to my memory. My main issues coming off were digestion, skin, sleep, fatigue and brain fog.

Thank-you very much @

Thank-you @sweetpeat for sharing your experience, really appreciate it!

OP
R

Rtm320

Aspirin, coffee, fructose, keeping phosphate low, getting ample animal protein, avoiding PUFA, red light exposure, gelatin, and all the fat soluble vitamins are several things that help with hair.
Thank-you @lampofred I am going to try to ramp up all of those things, I have such a hard time being consistent! Thanks again for the advice

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals