I'm going to die

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Yeah your symptoms with vasodilation sounds a bit similar to mine. I would guess it's endotoxin/leaky/inflamed intestines. Nitric oxide is a potent vasodilator so makes sense. I've had short periods when I felt totally "cool, calm and collected" and that's early in a course of strong 'rheum palmatum root' tea. It contains emodin and other anthraquinones and helps with mucus formation and inhibits water absorption from the intestines. One morning I could feel my intestines almost 'fluttering' like they had woken up from a long slumber, and I had no more chronic back pain or anxiety whatsoever. Over the course of about a week it did feel like it interfered with nutrient absorption though so it didn't feel like a long term solution. It did however give some further "insight" into the chain of events contributing to my anxiety, random flushing/heat intolerance, brain fog etc. Let's say you're intestines are inflamed for whatever reason, you might react negatively to certain foods like grains/starches or dairy, just to name a few common contributors to IBS. I noticed a lot of improvement from quitting dairy for example, other than goats milk.
Yeah, I need to try goats milk, normal milk bloats me badly, even when it's inhomogenised

Explorer

Yeah I actually did an experiment with honey only and every time I eat the honey, approximately 1.5 hours later i get terrible skipped beats, i eat around 2200 calories a day approximately, but I'm convinced there is something going on in my gut, I think I might have some bacteria in the wrong places or something, because its whenever i eat the sugary foods that my symptoms worsen i think, at least for now, my autoimmune issues are also really bad, i have erythromelgia in my feet and hands, even now as I'm typing this, I can feel my fingers starting to dilate with the blood vessels too much, it must have something to do with endotoxin, nitric oxide maybe?
Have you tried antibiotics and gluten exclusion?

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Have you tried antibiotics and gluten exclusion?
Yes I don't eat any bread or pasta, or any grains for that matter, I tried antibiotics given by my doctor, they weren't the good ones(metrodinozole) so I'm not too sure, what penicillin could do.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Have you tried sticking to a low fodmap diet for a bit. I had major shortness of breath that went on for months after taking too much thyroid (and other things that stimulate metabolism) and/or antibiotics. It all royally screwed me over and I thought I was going to die, very similar symptoms to you, almost bed bound at one point. I would start by looking at the diet, finding a fat source, protein source and a carb source that dont make you feel like ***t, sticking to them and building out from there. Maybe look into low fodmap stuff too
What kind of carbohydrates/sugar sources were you consuming that made you better? I have noticed that honey and apple juice make me worse

Jayvee

What kind of carbohydrates/sugar sources were you consuming that made you better? I have noticed that honey and apple juice make me worse

Yeah they probably will do. They did for me because of fodmaps and other issues. I use pomegranate, pineapple or white grape juice for juice and maple syrup for additional carbs along with some fruit like dried persimmon or berries.

frannybananny

What kind of potassium do you recommend?
I will continue taking the potassium gluconate that I have and finish the bottle but then I might switch to potassium citrate because I have read so many good things about it. You should really research all the different forms of potassium to decide which form is better for your health needs. The form suggested by @miquelangeles looks interesting but I already take magnesium in another form for my blood pressure.... magnesium taurate.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

I will continue taking the potassium gluconate that I have and finish the bottle but then I might switch to potassium citrate because I have read so many good things about it. You should really research all the different forms of potassium to decide which form is better for your health needs. The form suggested by @miquelangeles looks interesting but I already take magnesium in another form for my blood pressure.... magnesium taurate.
I see, I'll see what I kind find regarding the potassium, thanks for the response

Kray

I’ve felt this way before, but you haven’t tried everything; you’ve only tried everything you’re aware of so far. I think it’s useful getting other perspectives on health as well. I think Ray Peat has a very interesting big picture view of biology that is probably much closer to reality than the standard model, but I don’t think his specific implementation works for everyone at every time. So listening to what some other people in the health sphere have to say can be helpful as well, even if their theories might be sadly less complete than Ray’s.

I’m personally trying Grant Generoux’s and Garrett Smith’s vitamin A detox ideas but I also started learning about Karen Hurd’s ideas and what’s interesting is that they both have a similar practical approach while having entirely different theories as to why they work for some people. It’s quite fascinating and different from Ray Peat principles, but at the same time it’s not completely opposite of his principles or practice either, especially since RP has started eating a lot of oat bran.

Basically it’s complicated and can be frustrating but getting different perspectives and trying things completely out of your current understanding can demonstrate how little we actually know and perhaps what will ultimately work won’t be totally understood by you, but it’s worth finding it still because then you have a chance at feeling better.
Great insights and very intuitive approach IMO.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals