"The Actual Cure For Male Pattern Baldness"

Apple

Last edited:

JDreamer

Possible cure for hair loss - why hormones do not matter | Looksmax.me - Mens Self-Improvement Forum

The journey in dangerous water continues
Our forum even gets a „honorable mention“

thoughts? And thoughts on the whole methylation talk in general?

**** why do I think we will have something soon

Did the dumb f- who wrote that really call Finasteride "Jewtasteride"?

Real classy hair science. We're all so much wiser to have access to the first ever anti-semitic multi-vitamin hair regrowth regimen. smdh

Last edited:

Ableton

Did the dumb f- who wrote that really call Finasteride "Jewtasteride"?

Real classy hair science. We're all so much wiser to have access to the first ever anti-semitic hair regrowth regimen. SMDH
Focus on whats important

GenericName86

Thanks for posting that Ableton, interesting how he talks about dna methylation. I could be mistaken but i think i read a while ago that peat thinks dna demethylation is a good thing and that niacinamide and gelatin do that. I'm not sure if they're talking about the same thing but have differen't views or what peat is talking about is different even though it involves methylation.

Ableton

Lots of people talk about loss of DNA methylation as a reason for "closed growth plates" which is such rubbish. Loss of DNA methylation is a serious problem and MSM / SAM-e supplementation does not prevent a loss of DNA methylation. IDK who started all that nonsense but loss of MTHFR functioning and hence low amounts of methylated B vitamins, especially B9 which is a precursor to Thymine will cause a loss of DNA methylation over time. Just because MSM is a methyl donor and direct SAM-e supplementation can circumvent the homocysteine -> methionine (SAM-e) conversion, does not assure you can fix the root problem, being MTHFR gene disfunction. If your MTHFR is working properly in the first place, supplementation with those compounds without rhyme or reason can actually lead to problems with MTHFR functioning and hence loss of DNA methylation. And I don't know how loss of DNA methylation can directly cause your growth plates to close because I haven't read up on that. But if you're deficient in the precursor to Thymine, that being MethylFolate (B9), then you're bound to have problems with your DNA since Thymine is one of the 4 nucleotide bases of Deoxyribosenucleic Acid (Thymine, Guanine, Cytosine, Adenine).

Also look into epigenetic practices. Meditation etc. Your environment can definitely influence gene expression in a good or bad way, dependant on your environment. That's one of the reasons why meditation and lack of stress is so important. MTHFR disfunction can also prevent your body from turning genes off. So it's really important that your methylation is in check.

Some Dude Sounding High IQ Talking About Looksmaxxing On An Incel Forum

mrchibbs

Ableton

Anyways, I think we have two new topics to talk about, am I seeing this right?

wnt fitting more into the energy metabolism category, dna methylation in (epi)genetics

probably still multicausative but yeah

mrchibbs

Ableton

So I contacted pilos on alopezie.de (german hair loss forum "legend"), and linked him the methylation thread.

He thinks its a "hypothesis", which isn't surprising since the consensus on this forum is that its genetic, but still.

He linked me this study:
The Role of DNA Methylation in Aging, Rejuvenation, and Age-Related Disease

Interesting here in regards to environment and the regimen of this guy on looksmax:
"
Methyl donors
Methyl donors are thought to play important roles in the maintenance of DNA methylation and are interconnected through one-carbon metabolism, a series of biological reactions that involve the transfer of a methyl group. Methyl donors (e.g., methionine and choline) as well as the crucial coenzymes in one-carbon metabolism (e.g., B-vitamins like folate) can all affect 5mC content by altering the concentrations of SAM or its demethylated product S-adenosylhomocysteine, a known inhibitor of DNMTs.111

Each of these methyl donors seems to be unique in its ability to impact organismal health. A 14-month choline-devoid diet, for example, induces large hepatocellular carcinomas and hepatic hypomethylation in rats.112 Mice fed a methionine-deficient diet, however, enjoy a longer life span and higher resistance to oxidative liver cell injury induced by acetaminophen.113 The restriction of methionine was reported to also boost longevity in Drosophila114 and rats115 and was shown to inhibit colon carcinogenesis.116 In addition, methionine restriction decreased oxidative damage to mitochondrial DNA and proteins as well as decreased the production of mitochondrial reaction oxygen species. These antideleterious properties were concomitant with decreases in genomic 5mC content.117 Whether these methyl donor–specific effects are significantly mediated through changes in DNA methylation or through other factors is currently unknown.

The effects of environmentally induced demethylation, such as injurious γ-radiation, can be mitigated by supplementation with methyl donors. Mice fed either a normal control diet or a methyl-supplemental diet for 2 weeks were exposed to γ-radiation. Control mice displayed global hypomethylation as well as a significant decrease in SAM levels and reduced DNMT activity postradiation. In methyl-supplemented mice, SAM levels and DNMT activity both increased and 5mC content was stably maintained. These data show that the dietary intake of methyl donors can play a pivotal role in maintaining DNA methylation in response to demethylating environmental influences.118
"

brb, disabling my wifi...

Ableton

Yeah Christopher Walker basically used Danny Roddy's work as main inspiration for this video.
well its interesting because he talks about estrogen methylation

Also:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13555-018-0278-6

A study including 29 patients with AA that involved > 20% of the scalp showed that mean red blood cell folate concentrations were significantly lower in the patient group than in controls and significantly lower in patients with alopecia totalis/alopecia universalis than in patients with patchy hair loss [46]. Of interest, a genetic study including 136 Turkish patients with AA and 130 healthy controls found that the affected patients had a higher prevalence of mutations in the methylene-tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene [47]. This gene regulates folate metabolism, influences nucleic acid synthesis and DNA methylation, and is associated with other autoimmune disorders. These results suggest that mutations in MTHFR might impact the risk of AA in the Turkish population. However, there was no difference between serum levels of folate or vitamin B12 in affected patients and controls [47].

Last edited:

Ableton

any1 got any data on baldness and cancer in general? not just prostate cancer (on which I find conflicting information)

here is a thought I have had: given that hair is such a remarkable indicator of health apparently, young men with great hair (and even great looks in general) do seem to get a lot of cancer from what I see (well, I see it mostly on media, and you are more likely to be on media if you have hair and are good looking I guess, but there is also tons of cancer survivor stories of nw0's on youtube). boseman, Andy Whitfield come to mind. Generally, young men who get cancer do not look unhealthy at all to me (before they get on chemo obviously). i know two guys irl who had testicle cancer already in their 20s, both have amazing hair.

I have heard Ray Peat say that low methylation = decreased cancer risk in an interview. found it through that new peat search engine, there is a thread here somewhere.

And now we have this guy who says low methylation = baldness.

this could also be the "evolutional advantage" that some have theorized must exist, not that I am trying to cope here or give a **** about it

could there be something to this?

any1 have data?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals