"The Actual Cure For Male Pattern Baldness"

Zigzag

ive noticed the same with early greying and good hair.

Im interested in your thought process gorillahead, I have massive shedding, a the same time the color is turning from black to light brown, and the majority of my beard has also lost its color from black to ginger.

Sounds like it could be a zinc/nutrient problem but have tried to correct all.
The example of my nw0 friend with grey hair I posted earlier would match your experience. He has black hair (well, greying but still) but his beard looks like it's rusty, far from black. Isn't it copper deficiency basically?

Ableton

@GorillaHead whats your take on heated fat consumption specifically in regards to ffa?
Chronic Reduction of Plasma Free Fatty Acid Improves Mitochondrial Function and Whole-Body Insulin Sensitivity in Obese and Type 2 Diabetic Individuals
https://www.ajol.info/index.php/njps/article/download/193228/182353
Theory: Cooked Fat =DHT(Dihydrotestosterone) Baldness

I remember when my hairline started to recede I would always get itching after heated fat consumption
Avoiding it for the most part the following years may have slowed down my loss
I always get acne, especially back acne from it as well and seem to generally have an androgenic inflammatory response to it, just like how I would imagine baldness to be. Inflammatory, androgenic, hormone altered

My next experiment will be completely cutting them out, also following the Lampofred advise i posted earlier.

I also did a high fat experiment and ended up gaining weight and dropping temps.

Also there is one guy here who reported regrowing a norwood on low fat, with his best results at 0 fat

is (heated) fat consumption the main source of ffa in our bodies?

Summer

There would be no bald fruitarians if excess or cooked fats were the main drivers of hair loss. Doug Graham is proof.

Vegancrossfit

@GorillaHead whats your take on heated fat consumption specifically in regards to ffa?
Chronic Reduction of Plasma Free Fatty Acid Improves Mitochondrial Function and Whole-Body Insulin Sensitivity in Obese and Type 2 Diabetic Individuals

I remember when my hairline started to recede I would always get itching after heated fat consumption
I always get acne, especially back acne from it as well and seem to generally have an androgenic inflammatory response to it, just like how I would imagine baldness to be. Inflammatory, androgenic, hormone altered

My next experiment will be completely cutting them out, also following the Lampofred advise i posted earlier.

I also did a high fat experiment and ended up gaining weight and dropping temps.

Also there is one guy here who reported regrowing a norwood on low fat, with his best results at 0 fat

You can’t really make any generalist conclusions based on your own experiments. I get the itch from sugary foods, pineapple probably being the worst. I don’t think it’s reasonable to claim that sugar, or fat, or cholesterol, or protein makes people lose hair, or grow hair, or whatever. I used to think that hypoglycemia would be terrible for hair growth based on arbitrary biased observations of T2D that somehow fit a narrative, yet I’ve seen metformin regrow hair and t1D that are on top of their insulin treatments have perfect hairline

Food is such a Russian roulette, and a minor one at that IMO (in terms of significance). Figure out what’s blatantly inflammatory - some dude on r/tressless told me cutting out any and all dairy and yes even raw pristine organic totally stopped his receding - and pray. Of course this subreddit has the most amazing regrowth from nw7 even, and no one cares about dieting “right” there (if there’s even such a thing), but I think I’d get banned for bringing forward the medications they use. Subtle hint: the FDA approved them based on efficacy shown in studies with very low side effects.

Vegancrossfit

It’s very human to make some tightly controlled n=1 experiment, launch a quick Pubmed / google scholar research to find a dozen study or two that align with the (inherently biased) experiment, and try to promote some narrative. Dunning Kruger effect sells ebooks, supplements, programs. Having a much broader view of the complexity of the problem doesn’t sell anything, when one realizes that ultimately no one has much of a clue and selling “solutions” and “help” is a bag of lies. I see it a lot in guys with an engineer background who think that the human body is this fine tuned machine that can be handled in a predictable fashion. Good luck with that.

Ironically, guys like Ivor Cummins, Dave Feldman, Dave Attia, Greger and many other quacks who act like they’ve cracked the code and reinvented the wheel all look terrible, aggressively balding or bald. No one knows.

At least Shawn Baker is honest about that last sentence.

Ableton

It’s very human to make some tightly controlled n=1 experiment, launch a quick Pubmed / google scholar research to find a dozen study or two that align with the (inherently biased) experiment, and try to promote some narrative. Dunning Kruger effect sells ebooks, supplements, programs. Having a much broader view of the complexity of the problem doesn’t sell anything, when one realizes that ultimately no one has much of a clue and selling “solutions” and “help” is a bag of lies. I see it a lot in guys with an engineer background who think that the human body is this fine tuned machine that can be handled in a predictable fashion. Good luck with that.

Ironically, guys like Ivor Cummins, Dave Feldman, Dave Attia, Greger and many other quacks who act like they’ve cracked the code and reinvented the wheel all look terrible, aggressively balding or bald. No one knows.

agree with that.
Not with your view on fin.
I was on it myself with devestating sides, and personally know a couple others who have not done well on it.
When 60% of your friends who used fin (3 in 5 me included) had significant sides, it makes it really hard to believe those fda approved numbers tbh.
„Oh another one of those 1 in 50 cases, just bad luck I guess, or placebo of course“
Also, I can control my acne with food choices, namely cutting out heated fats (which I did not do as religiously as I should have for a while now) so it obviously has some hormonal effect.
I’m doing it for health reasons foremost anyways.
You are correct that no one should expect crazy hair results from that, sorry if I sounded misleading

GorillaHead

ive noticed the same with early greying and good hair.

Im interested in your thought process gorillahead, I have massive shedding, a the same time the color is turning from black to light brown, and the majority of my beard has also lost its color from black to ginger.

Sounds like it could be a zinc/nutrient problem but have tried to correct all.

I haven’t looked deeply into loss of color when it comes to hair. But I will throw an anecdote at you. My beard was the darkest when I was on a cycle of exogenous androgens. Have you tried b vitamin complex?

Is there any graying ? How old already you?

GorillaHead

I don’t think fat is the issue. The way us balding process energy is the issue. All I know is elevated FFa in serum seems to be highly problematic and cause all sorts of metabolic issues.

heated fat consumption could maybe be bad if you are consuming heated Pufa but otherwise I don’t see why it being heated would be problematic.

While I agree with this the attempt of trying to solve an issue is not futile and can garner lots useful information. Now it’s one thing to sell something that doesn’t work versus trying to spark a discussion fueled by passionate minds.

Have you guys ever looked into sfrp1 not only is it an insulin regulator but it happens to also down-regulate wnt function needed for hair growth.

davvid_1

I haven’t looked deeply into loss of color when it comes to hair. But I will throw an anecdote at you. My beard was the darkest when I was on a cycle of exogenous androgens. Have you tried b vitamin complex?

Is there any graying ? How old already you?

im 25, have tried B's yeah, and pretty much everything else but not copper supplement.

Summer

People have reported color returning with the consumption of blackstrap molasses, but that comes with its own risks like iron and impurities. Copper must be the key.

Hevel

I have Potassium Bicarbonate at home I will try using 200mg a day and report back if I see any improvement.

Well, after two weeks of trying it the result is pain in my left kidney and no reduction in shedding.

Vegancrossfit

Ditto for the beard being very dark on androgens. If only the scalp wasn’t this unique complex network of capillaries and sebocytes that doesn’t resemble any other part of our skin.

Looking at a ton of baldies exhibiting that thick shiny scalp, sebum production being androgen driven, I can understand why mainstream drugs do what they do. Beard skin is nowhere near as greasy. I guess Accutane is too potent and shrinks down the glands too much leading to coarse thin hair. Perhaps grey hair people don’t have much of an active sebum producing gland either

Ableton

I don’t think fat is the issue. The way us balding process energy is the issue. All I know is elevated FFa in serum seems to be highly problematic and cause all sorts of metabolic issues.

heated fat consumption could maybe be bad if you are consuming heated Pufa but otherwise I don’t see why it being heated would be problematic.

While I agree with this the attempt of trying to solve an issue is not futile and can garner lots useful information. Now it’s one thing to sell something that doesn’t work versus trying to spark a discussion fueled by passionate minds.

Have you guys ever looked into sfrp1 not only is it an insulin regulator but it happens to also down-regulate wnt function needed for hair growth.

https://www.samumed.com/medium/image/gordon-research-conference-wnt-signaling-08062017_152/view.aspx

And check the links i posted before that were hair related like 1 page before.

samumed is by far the most valuable med company that hasn’t sold a single product yet.

i am usually very sceptical about „cures“, but I am a bit hopeful about those guys. Aga is just one of many fields they are working on. They see everything energy/metabolism related and im pretty sure are market leading when it comes to wnt (opening/inhibiting)

Regarding sfrp1 there is already way:

n addition, WAY-316606 is highly selective against other closely related SFRP family members (SFRP2 and SFRP5). For example, at 2 μM, WAY-316606 inhibits SFRP1 activity by about 40%, whereas SFRP2 and SFRP5 activity is only inhibited by about 5% and about 2%, respectively [26]. Moreover, this Wnt disinhibition technique may be a safer long-term therapeutic strategy for stimulating β-catenin activity in the human HF. Because inhibiting SFRP1 by WAY-316606 only facilitates Wnt signalling through ligands that are already present in the human HF, this ‘ligand-limited’ strategy for promoting human hair growth may circumvent potential oncological risks typically associated with β-catenin stabilisation"

tl;dr:

Synergistic with wounding and the prostaglandin protocol or on its own or in combination with PGE2. As SFRP1 inhibition is another approach to open WNT signaling beyond GSK3ß or DKK1 inhibition. WNT helps regenerating the lacking progenitor cells (CD34 & CD200), and to quote an old finding from Cots:

"When cells move in to close a wound, they are trying to make a decision: Should I make epidermis or should I make a hair? If there is a lot of Wnt around, they choose to become hair follicles. - Cotsarelis 2008"

Ableton

„WNT/beta catenin is heavily implicated in cancer it’s an early developmental/embryonic transcriptional program.

I think balding has to do with biological/epigenetic aging. Meaning the 3D chromatin conformation is dynamically remodeled with time which makes certain genes more or less active by impeding or facilitating access to transcription factors or methylation changes. Progressively Silence enough of good/protective genes involved in MPB (like genes regulated by Wnt) or who knows what else and u ll get MPB solely but surely. Doesn’t mean you need to target genes, major downstream effectors will suffice“

so yeah cancer metabolism sounds about right if this hits the mark. And hair can be hacked. If this is done, say by samumed, it will be expensive as ****, thats for sure

Ableton

„WNT/beta catenin is heavily implicated in cancer it’s an early developmental/embryonic transcriptional program.

I think balding has to do with biological/epigenetic aging. Meaning the 3D chromatin conformation is dynamically remodeled with time which makes certain genes more or less active by impeding or facilitating access to transcription factors or methylation changes. Progressively Silence enough of good/protective genes involved in MPB (like genes regulated by Wnt) or who knows what else and u ll get MPB solely but surely. Doesn’t mean you need to target genes, major downstream effectors will suffice“

so yeah cancer metabolism sounds about right if this hits the mark. And hair can be hacked. If this is done, say by samumed, it will be expensive as ****, thats for sure

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-03 um 18.19.13.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-03 um 18.19.13.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 29

GenericName86

I watched a vid where David was giving a talk and talked about how we can possibly have a backup of our more youthful genetic information. It was really interesting.

Regarding lithium does that include the low doses of orate? 5mg? That's a shame if so, I've heard how great it can be for the brain but the side effects i have read about have turned me off but i wasn't sure if it was from the chloride/high dose bipolar med versions or lithium in general at any dose.

GorillaHead

I watched a vid where David was giving a talk and talked about how we can possibly have a backup of our more youthful genetic information. It was really interesting.

Regarding lithium does that include the low doses of orate? 5mg? That's a shame if so, I've heard how great it can be for the brain but the side effects i have read about have turned me off but i wasn't sure if it was from the chloride/high dose bipolar med versions or lithium in general at any dose.

I am bewildered by the fact it toxic at low doses. So high doses it’s not toxic? Huh

GenericName86

I suppose since this is a hair loss thread I'll add that when taking NR I noticed my scalp became a lot more flexible and loose, especially the crown section. I repeated this a few times and it always happened after a week- fortnight of taking NR. I have no idea why NR would/could have that effect. Didn't notice any increased loss or regrowth though but did continue to get more hair growth in some areas on my body (forearm, legs) Also my hair got some of it's natural wave back that went to ***t after trying fin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals