"The Actual Cure For Male Pattern Baldness"

Kenny

any1 got any data on baldness and cancer in general? not just prostate cancer (on which I find conflicting information)

here is a thought I have had: given that hair is such a remarkable indicator of health apparently, young men with great hair (and even great looks in general) do seem to get a lot of cancer from what I see (well, I see it mostly on media, and you are more likely to be on media if you have hair and are good looking I guess, but there is also tons of cancer survivor stories of nw0's on youtube). boseman, Andy Whitfield come to mind. Generally, young men who get cancer do not look unhealthy at all to me (before they get on chemo obviously). i know two guys irl who had testicle cancer already in their 20s, both have amazing hair.

I have heard Ray Peat say that low methylation = decreased cancer risk in an interview. found it through that new peat search engine, there is a thread here somewhere.

And now we have this guy who says low methylation = baldness.

this could also be the "evolutional advantage" that some have theorized must exist, not that I am trying to cope here or give a **** about it

could there be something to this?

any1 have data?

Really fascinating post.

Ableton

Is hypothyroidism anti cancer as well?
Could the whole cascade just be anti cancer?
That would make sense, evolutionary, considering the rise of carcinogenics in our environments.

anabolism = cancer
Catabolism = no cancer, and also, no hair (and I guess hypothyroidism?)

Last edited:

JKX

ngl baldness fits the cancer/aging paradox quite well.
Explains why men who prematurely grey are more likely to have hair
Explains why bald men often have more youthful androgenic features and tighter skin(I have talked about this before and some disagree)
The list can probably be continued but I’m too tired and it’s purely anecdotal anyways, so who gives a ****, right?
These stereotypes are always difficult to prove. Its always possible to find examples that support both sides.

Last edited:

Ableton

so lets write down the "theory" for once:

increase in carcinogenics (estrogen)

high methylation in anabolic state increases cancer risk in this environment

body forces you into catabolic state to lower methylation (hypothyroidism, insulin sensitivity idk)

--> no cancer, no hair, but survival

And seems like a logical evolutionary response to me.

Kenny

so lets write down the "theory" for once:

increase in carcinogenics (estrogen)

high methylation in anabolic state increases cancer risk in this environment

body forces you into catabolic state to lower methylation (hypothyroidism, insulin sensitivity idk)

--> no cancer, no hair, but survival

And seems like a logical evolutionary response to me.

Has anyone actually raised their methylation and regrown hair with it?

Ableton

Has anyone actually raised their methylation and regrown hair with it?

idk. i also dont know if its possible, measurable, etc.
I suspect you will have to get from a catabolic into an anabolic state entirely. Including fixing hypo and other metabolic and hormonal ***t that is going on in you.
Maybe supplementing co-factors or methyl donors or even sam-e (i have read it has regrown hair) would then work, once you are (relatively) healthy and have reduced carcinogenics to a reasonable degree.

When we talk about the concept of "stress" in this forum, which I somehow never really understood in its definition, is it possible that we are at the end of the day mostly talking about CARCINOGENICS? These carcinogenics then set in motion a response in us that keeps cancer at bay, and this response includes compromising our metabolism, shifting us in an anabolic state in which our methylation is lowered.

I think I often read here that we would "burn out" if our bodies didn't go hypo due to all the stressors in our environment. I suspect thats wrong. I suspect we would get cancer if our bodies didnt do that, but we would look younger and keep more hair until we did, because methylation rejuvinate our dna at a high rate until it fails to do so. cancer

I immediately have things I know I can improve upon regarding that: I drink my OJ from tetra pak (plastic --> estrogen). I am in wifi all the time. I used heated fats until a couple days ago. There is probably more. All of this ***t is carcinogenic. Makes sense that my body doesn't let me accelerate. It doesnt want me to get cancer. The only way to a childlike metabolism is tricking it into thinking everything is okay with mdma or lsd lol. It seems to me like my body is perfectly capable of running hot, it just doesnt always want to (not that I have made no improvements with peating, but it's just not ideal, no way around admitting this).

I do not really believe that anything will work 100%, but I am in a convenient stage in my life were I can try it out rather easily. I guess I will regret it if i do not at least try.

Keep in mind that I am not well read at all in this stuff. I just happened to find a couple interesting threads in obscure forums and tried to connect some dots with my limited understanding. I have done extremely little first hand research and just got everything from forums.

until 2 days ago I had zero knowledge that our metabolisms and our dna are intertwined that much

and its kind of surprising because genetics is still the mainstream paradigm in hair loss, whereas here its metabolism. I should have known this for months considering the time I spent here.

almost seems like a "unifying theory" lol, but this would just be too easy

Last edited:

Kenny

idk. i also dont know if its possible, measurable, etc.
I suspect you will have to get from a catabolic into an anabolic state entirely. Including fixing hypo and other metabolic and hormonal ***t that is going on in you.
Maybe supplementing co-factors or methyl donors or even sam-e (i have read it has regrown hair) would then work, once you are (relatively) healthy and have reduced carcinogenics to a reasonable degree.

When we talk about the concept of "stress" in this forum, which I somehow never really understood in its definition, is it possible that we are at the end of the day mostly talking about CARCINOGENICS? These carcinogenics then set in motion a response in us that keeps cancer at bay, and this response includes compromising our metabolism, shifting us in an anabolic state in which our methylation is lowered.

I think I often read here that we would "burn out" if our bodies didn't go hypo due to all the stressors in our environment. I suspect thats wrong. I suspect we would get cancer if our bodies didnt do that, but we would look younger and keep more hair until we did, because methylation rejuvinate our dna at a high rate until it fails to do so. cancer

I immediately have things I know I can improve upon regarding that: I drink my OJ from tetra pak (plastic --> estrogen). I am in wifi all the time. I used heated fats until a couple days ago. There is probably more. All of this ***t is carcinogenic. Makes sense that my body doesn't let me accelerate. It doesnt want me to get cancer. The only way to a childlike metabolism is tricking it into thinking everything is okay with mdma or lsd lol. It seems to me like my body is perfectly capable of running hot, it just doesnt always want to (not that I have made no improvements with peating, but it's just not ideal, no way around admitting this).

I do not really believe that anything will work 100%, but I am in a convenient stage in my life were I can try it out rather easily. I guess I will regret it if i do not at least try.

Keep in mind that I am not well read at all in this stuff. I just happened to find a couple interesting threads in obscure forums and tried to connect some dots with my limited understanding. I have done extremely little first hand research and just got everything from forums.

until 2 days ago I had zero knowledge that our metabolisms and our dna are intertwined that much

and its kind of surprising because genetics is still the mainstream paradigm in hair loss, whereas here its metabolism. I should have known this for months considering the time I spent here.

almost seems like a "unifying theory" lol, but this would just be too easy

Your theory is quite fascinating - really appreciate you sharing it here. There is no doubt at all that at least in some small part there is a hereditary component of course as it *does* run in families, however, I think you are like right in that the issue comes from a metabolic root.

Sanjutsi

I tried potassium bicarbonate today, notice alot of shedding and a little itchy scalp (2000mg, Life Enhancement Potassium Basics) - Is it a good or bad sign?

outcast1979

Hair loss is a complicated problem,i believe if someone find the root of this ,could be the solution for other secondary problems that involved in hair loss like hormones and receptors problems.

Ableton

can hypothyroidism and our bodies being forced in a catabolic state be metaphorically compared to our bodies inducing a "natural, light chemo therapy" to keep cancer at bay?

Vegancrossfit

It would make sense that hair loss is similar to chemo, since some anti cancer drugs are anti estrogens and those anti estrogens cause hair loss. We know that the inflammatory processes in hair loss lead to apoptosis.

Ableton

does any1 have indepth guides how to cut out estrogen?

the real deal, not some bluepilled mens health ***t

Kenny

@Ableton So can methyl donors actually increase methylation in the specific regions we need them to? I sort of feel like that would be far too simple of a fix - its not like B vitamins are some sort of new discovery

Ableton

@Ableton So can methyl donors actually increase methylation in the specific regions we need them to? I sort of feel like that would be far too simple of a fix - its not like B vitamins are some sort of new discovery

yeah exactly, I suppose once a gene is turned off its not as easy as that, even if methylation is back on track.

i also suppose that in order to get it back on track you also have to get in an anabolic state again. This is basically what everyone in this forum is trying to do anyways, and its not easy

but who tf knows.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals