Caffeine Can Cure Baldness In Both Men And Women

TubZy

Taurine is already being developed by L'Oreal as an MPB drug/shampoo. I don't know that there is an "ultimate" hair growth product, each of the chemicals discussed seems to have some evidence behind it, so combining them and trying it out would be the way to go to find out if it works better than what is available right now.

L'Oreal sucks. It is going to be weak and underdosed. I'm not sure what they even have to develop either lol, just add taurine to their already made overpriced chemical filled shampoos.

On the other hand, I kinda hope it doesn't work so big pharma won't classify taurine as a drug either.

Evan

@TubZy I dissolve it in a little water first, boil the water, maybe like a couple tablespoons, then toss it over the caffeine and mix. If it's not completely dissolved, throw it on the stove again in a metal pan and stir until completely dissolved.

scarlettsmum

i know many on this forum will not like some of the ingredients but i have been using the caffeine liquid (Alpecin) and i added 4g of taurine to the 200ml bottle
havnt got before and afters but im 100% sure its having a positive effect after just a few weeks
Stryker, my husband uses the same stuff but without the added taurine. He's almost used the whole bottle but not sure it's doing anything. Why do you add the taurine in it? What effect does it have. How do you measure 4g? Would this combo work for any stage baldness/any age?

Gl;itch.e

my experience with all these things show that its great for hair growth. but rather futile for regrowth.

Gl;itch.e

Thanks, good to know!
Though to be fair the Taurine (taken orally) part of the equation is the one supplement where I have noticed some new regrowth. Very minimal and wasn't continual after an initial "boost" in numbers. But something at least I suppose. I was taking about 9-12g of Taurine a day at that point and not using any topicals.

Stryker

Stryker, my husband uses the same stuff but without the added taurine. He's almost used the whole bottle but not sure it's doing anything. Why do you add the taurine in it? What effect does it have. How do you measure 4g? Would this combo work for any stage baldness/any age?

im not sure of any actual studies done on local effects of transdermal taurine but it absorbs into the scalp well with ethanol and taurine has a wide range of benefits that MAY apply to hairloss such as reduced inflammation , calcium homeostasis and anti PUFA actions.

i measure 4g with a mg scale and add it to the 200ml bottle of alpecin

You still using this?
have not used in a while , been trying the whole water wash only thing lmao , not sure its going so great but im yet to make up my mind

schultz

I feel left out. Part of me wishes I was losing my hair so I could experiment with you guys and be a part of your club :(

janus

i know many on this forum will not like some of the ingredients but i have been using the caffeine liquid (Alpecin) and i added 4g of taurine to the 200ml bottle
havnt got before and afters but im 100% sure its having a positive effect after just a few weeks

I just got this too. Ingredients seem pretty solid to me:

Water
Alcohol Denat.
Fragrance
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil
Panthenol
Menthol
Caffeine
Zinc PCA
Niacinamide
Citric Acid
Limonene
Linalool
Tocopheryl Acetate
Butylphenyl Methylpropional
Citronellol
Retinyl Acetate

sladerunner69

I feel left out. Part of me wishes I was losing my hair so I could experiment with you guys and be a part of your club :(

Interesting! Maybe you should look into finding chemicals that will help you go bald faster. Perhaps start out by covering your whole head in fried chicken grease??

sladerunner69

What can I do about caffiene giving me anxiety? I like all the effects except that i am constantly botherred by an anxious feeling, and it makes me feel much less confident.

beta pandemic

What can I do about caffiene giving me anxiety? I like all the effects except that i am constantly botherred by an anxious feeling, and it makes me feel much less confident.

how much are you taking?
make sure youre getting enough calories every day. if youre experiencing a stress response you could take a break for a week then start with half the dose that gave you a stress response, adding more once/week or until you dont get a stress response from current dose. also you dont have to take it every day. maybe every other day.

sladerunner69

how much are you taking?
make sure youre getting enough calories every day. if youre experiencing a stress response you could take a break for a week then start with half the dose that gave you a stress response, adding more once/week or until you dont get a stress response from current dose. also you dont have to take it every day. maybe every other day.

Yes I have done this plenty of times, and have gradually increased my caffiene intake over the years. I am still concerned that I may be experiencing an adrenaline surge whenever I drink coffee or eat sugar. How does one know if they are experiencing an adrenaline surge?

lampofred

Be careful what you wish for...

beta pandemic

Anxi
Yes I have done this plenty of times, and have gradually increased my caffiene intake over the years. I am still concerned that I may be experiencing an adrenaline surge whenever I drink coffee or eat sugar. How does one know if they are experiencing an adrenaline surge?

Yeah sounds like you need a break. Many symptoms for stress response to coffee. Probably watch out for:
Anxiety
Shaky hands
Inability to sleep properly

D

Deleted member 5487

It's politically incorrect to think so here, but I think excess androgens are largely responsible for hair loss.

However, the excess androgens are an adaptive response to estrogens, from what I've noticed. Ray Peat mentions this himself as "virilization".

Peatarian.com Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

Makes sense.
I always see hairloss when I take aspirin/niacinamide, never understood it.

lowering cortisol/estrogen equals hairloss at least in the short term.

So DHT is a response to high estrogen, which explain my body hair growth.

GorillaHead

I don’t see how caffeine can stop hair loss. Just the opposite. It’s blocks adenosine receptors and makes vessels constrict. The opposite of what is needed for hair growth. Minoxidil is a dilator. If caffeine stops hair loss. Half the world wouldn’t be balding. Cause so many people drink coffee.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals