Male Pattern Baldness

kettlebell

I wanted to talk about the mechanisms/reasons why men seem to suffer male pattern baldness when under stress but women generally don't.

Women are a lot more likely to be estrogen dominant than men so I was wondering what exactly it is that is happening at the hair follicles that kills them and stops their regeneration. This isn't something I had been focusing on so don't really know a great deal about what's actually happening at the folicles. It can't be directly caused by excess estrogen right? And what exactly is it in the way we advocate eating that stops and is meant to reverse this specific process of follicle death?

jyb

kettlebell said:
I wanted to talk about the mechanisms/reasons why men seem to suffer male pattern baldness when under stress but women generally don't.

Women are a lot more likely to be estrogen dominant than men so I was wondering what exactly it is that is happening at the hair follicles that kills them and stops their regeneration. This isn't something I had been focusing on so don't really know a great deal about what's actually happening at the folicles. It can't be directly caused by excess estrogen right? And what exactly is it in the way we advocate eating that stops and is meant to reverse this specific process of follicle death?

Aren't there some strong genetic or factors set from birth? Some men are a lot more prone than others, some can be at unhealthy as they want and won't have much hair falling off compared to their age. I could be wrong.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E NLRP3 Inflammasome Cause Of Male Pattern Baldness Hair & Nails 327
E "The Actual Cure For Male Pattern Baldness" Hair & Nails 275
GorillaHead Irom Deficiency May Cause Hair Loss That Mimics That Of Male And Female Pattern Baldness Scientific Studies 5
GutFeeling Male Pattern Baldness And Premature Greying Are More Of A Risk Factor For Heart Disease Than Obesity Scientific Studies 0
PurpleHeart Opinions On My Theory About Male Pattern Baldness Ask For Help or Advice 24
D Different Ethnicities And Male Pattern Baldness? Male Issues 39
D Hair Steroid Profiling Reveals Differences In Male Pattern Baldness Between Korean & Caucas. Men Scientific Studies 26
L Is This Male Pattern Baldness Or Stress Hair Loss? Hair & Nails 16
johnwester130 Man With Male Pattern Baldness Regrows Hair With Methylene Blue Methylene Blue 88
Francisco Male Pattern Dandruff? Hair & Nails 2
D Anemia in senior male - any iron metabolism Wizards / practitioners in here? Ask For Help or Advice 2
F Covid-19 & male fertility Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 2
noqcks Help - Chemotherapy Induced Male Infertility Male Issues 2
haidut Dietary PUFA In Childhood Causes Diabetes And Irreversible (male) Infertility Scientific Studies 3
B Progesterone To Stop Male Facial Hair Growth? Hormones 27
B New Research Suggests The Conversion Of Testosterone To Estrogen In The Brain Is Crucial For Male Se Ask For Help or Advice 40
Lokzo A Late COVID-19 Complication: Male Sexual Dysfunction Scientific Studies 5
fever257 Ideal Macronutrient Ratio - 22y/o Male, 175 Lbs Macros & Micros 2
J Male 25 / Pregnenolone 50mg - Hot Flashes - Raising Metabolism? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
S Low(ish) 17-HYDROXYPROGESTERONE In Male Worrisome? Ask For Help or Advice 0
haidut Male Sexual Function Does NOT Require Estrogen Scientific Studies 20
haidut Dietary PUFA Causes (reversible) Male Infertility And Androgen Deficiency Scientific Studies 4
E Improving Effect Of Evening Primrose Oil On The Sexual Functions Of Male Mice Scientific Studies 21
E In Addition To Testosterone, Another Hormone Is Vital For Early Male Development (Androsterone) Articles & Scientific Studies 29
Yggr Tissue Steroid Levels In Response To Reduced Testicular Estrogen Synthesis In The Male Pig Scientific Studies 1
meatbag Perinatal Administration Of Aromatase Inhibitors In Animal Models Of Human Male Homosexuality Scientific Studies 3
E Numbness On Left Side Of Body For Last 2 Days (20yo Male) Help? Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 9
ddjd Dopamine = Very Male Energy. Cortisol/serotonin = Female Ask For Help or Advice 41
K Transitioning From Male To Female Female Issues 152
md_a Both, Female And Male COVID-19 Patients May Present Elevated Estradiol Levels Articles & Scientific Studies 0
U I Need Help To Grow Back My Receding Hairline. [20yo MALE] Hair & Nails 203
haidut Eating 1 Lb Of Sugar Daily Has Strikingly Positive Effects On (male) Fertility Scientific Studies 25
D 38 Male UK. Tired Of Being Like The Walking Dead Logs 260
Hans What Male Actor/s Do You Like And Why? Polls 53
haidut Male Fertility Depends On Intensity Of (sperm) Metabolism Scientific Studies 4
B 20 Year Old Male - Diffuse Thinning - Blood Work Blood Work, Labs 23
Momado965 Glucose Sufficiency Leads To Sons (male Offspring). STRESS (cortisol) Leads To Female Offspring Articles & Scientific Studies 0
P Is This A Safe Male Supp From Whole Foods? Male Issues 1
S Risperdal And Male Breast Growth Health 0
I Philly Jury Hands Johnson & Johnson $8 Billion Verdict In Risperdal Case Over Male Breast Growth Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Lizb Male Severely Depressed, Very Underweight. Please Help Mental Issues 12
H High Progesterone In Male Blood Work, Labs 11
Lokzo 5-HT2A And MALE Sexual Function Thread Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 28
N IL-6 Regulates Body Weight In Male Rodents Science 0
P Low FSH And T, High E -- 25yo Male Blood Work, Labs 0
B Reproductive Health And How To Increase Chances Of A Male Child? Male Issues 9
P Tips For Recovery From Test-booster/prohormone // Male Hypogonadism Male Issues 20
F Does Lowering Estrogen Actually Help Male Sexual Function? Sexuality 41
D 18 Year Old Male Need Some Help Mental Issues 5
N Very High Estrogen (29 Year Old Male) On TRT Labs 4