The @Gbolduev Whisperer

lexis

LOL! Indeed, it can be a curse for many people. Nobody is forcing you to do that. Nor take any hormones or supplements. This is not Ray Peat. You don't get him.

Ray Peat guidelines are suited for people who are extremely stressed.But do people need to be living under
constant stress?

Makrosky

Ray Peat guidelines are suited for people who are extremely stressed.But do people need to be living under
constant stress?

It's interrelated. How you react mentally to the stressors affect your body, and your body anti-stress systems affect how you react mentally to the stressors. I think Ray talks about how to improve these two axis. It's up to you how to use his guidelines. If you want to guzzle down liters of OJ and milk and hormones and keep living a boring life, with a wife you don't love, in a job you dislike, with no meaningful social interactions. Well... good luck with the milk. And viceversa. You can have a really good life but if you keep starving yourself, eating antimetabolic foods, yeah sooner or later you're gonna harm yourself.

That's how I see it.

Xisca

Context is also about how your body has reacted to stress, so what is your chemistry and your hormones levels. Constant stress is a sad part of many lifes indeed... No diet is suited to all sort of stress reaction.
I felt better with more sugar at first, but then, the problem is that I needed to have zero gap in my sugar intake! And in the end I have a problem, so I am discovering what it means in terms of cortisol and sensibility to cortisol....

More over, I used sugar very little time because I could notice the problem quick.
But it is not really much better with fruits...
I am sensitive to pain and aches, and now I am worse.
So I investigate cortisol and I am not happy with what I learn. Though happy to know now!
Serious sometimes, and also a little bit of humour at other times!

Xisca

Low energy will be in hypo or hypermetabolism since in both you will have sugar problems . In one insulin resistance and in second hypoglycemia.

Try to give thyroid to some one with weak adrenals)))) YOUR ferritin will skyrocket. WHY? your body will try to take all iron out of blood to stop thyroid

cyclops

"If you can't explain it to a six year old you don't understand it yourself"...Einstein

"There are some things complex enough that most six year olds cannot fully understand them, mainly due to their young age & development"...Cyclops

Xisca

lol +1 Believe cyclop more than einstein!
¿In how many years? Add some context of time and Einstein is right! ...Xisca
lol Einstein would say that he did not say how much time he gives to the teacher! :)

Tarmander

He has mentioned taking HCL quite a few times for metabolic alkalosis, which I am currently trialing. May want to add that to your summary, otherwise nice post OP

Xisca

9)Don't take progesterone, take anti-progesterone:
this creates more 'progesterone receptors' so once you come off the anti-progesterone, you will feel better than before
Don't you think this would need context?

lexis

It's interrelated. How you react mentally to the stressors affect your body, and your body anti-stress systems affect how you react mentally to the stressors. I think Ray talks about how to improve these two axis. It's up to you how to use his guidelines. If you want to guzzle down liters of OJ and milk and hormones and keep living a boring life, with a wife you don't love, in a job you dislike, with no meaningful social interactions. Well... good luck with the milk. And viceversa. You can have a really good life but if you keep starving yourself, eating antimetabolic foods, yeah sooner or later you're gonna harm yourself.

That's how I see it.
OK,assuming that a person has a job he likes,wife he loves,good social life,does he still need 80 grams of protein?

alywest

damn spent the last few years of my life learning an applying Peat and now this happens. Seems everyone is jumping ship now. What will I tell all my friends and family that I told sugar and milk is good and Ray Peat is king? I recommended progesterone to people. They're all gonna laugh at me. Thanks Ray Peat forum. Thanks a lot.

The guy who wrote this eats insects; I literally do not know what to eat anymore. Yesterday it was coffee milkshakes. Today maybe a bug only fast?

Maybe we should change name to GBolduev forum now?

Someone should send this to Ray Peat and hear his thoughts on this.

hmmmm, follow the guy with a PhD and a vast background of knowledge, experience and research to back up his claims, or the guy who openly states:

"I dont work in medical field. I am not a doctor. It is just a hobby. I dont practice medicine." Tough call...

Xisca

I agree that we are all non professional members of a forum helping each other, and as such, some who got encouraging results share them, as it is the case in the PFS thread!

I share the lol too!
In my lab test, the answer was "no" for the "wife" question... :D

alywest

It's one thing to help people but another thing to directly oppose almost everything that Ray Peat says and then act like they have the authority to do so. Don't get me wrong, in today's climate I'm sure a Gbolduev would be able to find a niche market and sell his image as a "guru" since most people don't seem to care about credentials these days, but rather go for the quick fix that he supposedly offers. Doesn't really matter if it works, his authoritarian way of explaining himself makes people want to follow.

Makrosky

OK,assuming that a person has a job he likes,wife he loves,good social life,does he still need 80 grams of protein?
My honest answer would be :
- Try 20 grams more of what you already eat and see how it goes. If it does you good, stay there for a couple of months and see.

Xisca

makes people want to follow.
True, and people have responsability in this.
I even follow the PFS thread, and I learn there too. You would see that Gb is sharing his experience, sometimes says that he does not know, asks people about how they do, suggests some changes...
When we can see some authorianism is when people block him from sharing what is direct experience! He is a special member in one fact for sure: I for sure do not have access to a lab to test myself what I want!

The sort of questions that keep coming and coming proves that context is not easy to take into account, and that taking milk and OJ is also easy, you do not even have to cook!
But no, I do not count the hours I have spent, to understand more and more, and I made the context and balance thread just to see what is the difference with "following", and even a post with what fits a peat's diet. This is not following.
And I am working at an up-date of my log, with what I have found for myself.
I have spent hours on GOOGLES, posting here in the mean time too. I did not get all from this forum, and not even all in English.

B

Braveheart

"Doesn't really matter if it works, his authoritarian way of explaining himself makes people want to follow."

Power to the sheeople!

alywest

He has mentioned taking HCL quite a few times for metabolic alkalosis, which I am currently trialing. May want to add that to your summary, otherwise nice post OP

Hi Tarmander, I seem to recall you saying somewhere that you can't drink coffee, but here's a link to a study that might be of interest:

Caffeine-Stimulated Acid and Pepsin Secretion: Dose-Response Studies
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/00365527109180725

Xisca

To add to this thread:
Who has found out about something else worth learning from the various post of Gb?

Who has reviewed what @m_arch wrote and has some precisions or think there is sth worth looking for a bit more?

What did you gain for yourself or trial? What have you kept for yourself?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals