Spirituality Wrecked Me. Can I Ever Heal?

Gone Peating

I agree. I would go as far as saying that it is not possible for a religion to be "true" in the strictest sense of the word, because no concept nor abstraction within the finite mind of a human can ever accurately capture the essence of the infinite. However, this doesn't mean that religions are unable to light the path towards truth. Religions don't represent God. They represent the path towards God. They lay the foundation to spiritual seeking. The path has still to be walked manually by the individual.

Idk about that. If one of the religions was actually inspired by the Creator of the universe then I would consider that religion to be true

TheSir

Idk about that. If one of the religions was actually inspired by the Creator of the universe then I would consider that religion to be true
Then you should prepare for the good news: they all almost invariably are. Otherwise they would not resonate with such vast masses of the Creator's children.

Gone Peating

Then you should prepare for the good news: they all almost invariably are. Otherwise they would not resonate with such vast masses of the Creator's children.

Lol I don't think so. Despite certain similarities they all have pretty strong, irreconcilable differences in their presuppositions and beliefs about the origin of the universe and being and the meaning of life. It's kind of a cop out to just say they are all true. I don't think all the religions are just different paths or different ways of arriving at the same thing, they are different paths and different ways of arriving at different things/conclusions

Gone Peating

Also I don't understand what you mean when you claim that because they each resonate with a certain group of people then that religion is from the Creator. There are cults out there that force their participants to suicide, religions in the past that practiced human sacrifice, so which religions exactly in your mind are the truly divinely inspired ones?

Amazigh

My diet was pretty Peat like but activities was mostly only walking and spending time in silence. Too much...

I had a friend who got into extreme meditation, he went on one silent retreat after another. After some time, he had a hard time and almost like a psychotic break when he tried to integrate back into society. I wonder if there is a relationship between this and what people experience in solitary confinement, which is considered torture. Also reminds me of the stories I've heard of people having a bad trip on LSD interrupted, and therefore not having integrated the experience.

(Just some initial thoughts that came to mind - maybe it might offer clues)

First thing that comes to mind is the simple basics of human emotional/mental life - nature, sunshine, close friends/family/people you trust and like to be around, pets, music, dancing/yoga/body movement, sleep, things that ground you - feeling the ground under your toes, yoga that focuses on your body touching the ground (feet, butt, etc) and forward folds, and locations that are grounding - eg. woods vs. the beach.

I hope you have someone you can talk to and confide in, a mentor or a therapist - very important. Journaling also.

Then, of course, the right foods and avoiding stress.

I hope this helps.

dreamcatcher

Also I don't understand what you mean when you claim that because they each resonate with a certain group of people then that religion is from the Creator. There are cults out there that force their participants to suicide, religions in the past that practiced human sacrifice, so which religions exactly in your mind are the truly divinely inspired ones?
Control through fear.

TheSir

Lol I don't think so. Despite certain similarities they all have pretty strong, irreconcilable differences in their presuppositions and beliefs about the origin of the universe and being and the meaning of life. It's kind of a cop out to just say they are all true. I don't think all the religions are just different paths or different ways of arriving at the same thing, they are different paths and different ways of arriving at different things/conclusions
You of course have the right to maintain whatever beliefs bring you the largest amount of comfort.

TheSir

Any religion is that acquires a significant following. Cults never do. They lack universal relatibility, which can only come from a divine source.

Look at the end of my post, dopamine is the prime neurotransmitter involved in reward, pleasure, etc. That would be your best bet to help crawl out of your anhedonia if only a little bit. There are many ways though, not just a few supplements:

115+ Ways To Increase Tyrosine Hydroxylase (And What Decreases It)

55 ways to increase dopamine

The 2nd link is from a blog that belongs to one our members here. If I didn't mention already I had extreme success for myself for anhedonia, lack of joy etc. by increasing dopamine through many methods. Yours is likely low, leading to an aversive state. The other two levels of dopamine are seeking and euphoria. You need to bring your dopamine up to the seeking state so you can start "seeking" for your reward in life again.

Jacob (from the your first link) says SAMe reduces TH and provides this supporting paper: Depletion of nigrostriatal and forebrain tyrosine hydroxylase by S-adenosylmethionine: a model that may explain the occurrence of depression in Par... - PubMed - NCBI. Hans says SAMe increases TH and provides this supporting paper: Neuroendocrine effects of S-adenosyl-L-methionine, a novel putative antidepressant. - PubMed - NCBI. Where do you stand?

Also, do you agree with Jacob that ginger and theanine, commonly reported here as dopaminergic, decrease TH?

ken

upload_2019-6-12_12-46-37.jpeg

Dave Clark

Jacob (from the your first link) says SAMe reduces TH and provides this supporting paper: Depletion of nigrostriatal and forebrain tyrosine hydroxylase by S-adenosylmethionine: a model that may explain the occurrence of depression in Par... - PubMed - NCBI. Hans says SAMe increases TH and provides this supporting paper: Neuroendocrine effects of S-adenosyl-L-methionine, a novel putative antidepressant. - PubMed - NCBI. Where do you stand?

Also, do you agree with Jacob that ginger and theanine, commonly reported here as dopaminergic, decrease TH?
What? Ginger and theanine decrease thyroid hormone? Where's the science on that, is anything sacred?

PTP

Based on what you've said, I agree this sounds like kundalini psychosis. In taoist thought, long periods of sitting still for meditation aren't healthy as they stagnate the energy, leading to blockages, taoists are all about circulating energy - or circulating bloodflow, hormones, etc. So from an energetic body perspective, you need to get the energy circulating again to slowly dissolve the blockages (likely this includes releasing some semen out of your body). Without going into esoteric practices, walking in nature, swimming, gentle stretching, laughter, and sex/masturbation are probably the easiest ways to get this energy moving.

For a more westernised perspective, this sounds very much like learned helplessness. To solve that you would need to focus on lowering serotonin, and raising dopamine, lots of nutritional and supplemental ideas from Peat on doing that.

redsun

Well for starters, of the many supposed methods/supplements to increase TH i dont necessarily agree with the over 100 ways in the first link, i have not even looked into every single one. SAM-e is necessary to produce neurotransmitters including dopamine. And injecting SAM-e directly into rat brains is hardly evidence that SAM-e is bad for dopamine production. SAM-e is known to potentially cause mania in some susceptible individuals because of it increasing catecholamines which is indicative that it is increasing dopamine, noradrenaline, etc.

Ginger I have not looked into, I tend to avoid most supplements that arent vitamins, actual nutrients. L-theanine is said to increase dopamine, serotonin, and GABA and the experiences I have read said it makes one very calm(GABA). I didnt research L-theanine much at all but based on anecdotes it probably (again not expert here) works more on GABA then dopamine. I avoid calming supplements because I have high GABA already so the moment I read a supplement is calming I quit researching into it.

OP
U

Uselis

Based on what you've said, I agree this sounds like kundalini psychosis. In taoist thought, long periods of sitting still for meditation aren't healthy as they stagnate the energy, leading to blockages, taoists are all about circulating energy - or circulating bloodflow, hormones, etc. So from an energetic body perspective, you need to get the energy circulating again to slowly dissolve the blockages (likely this includes releasing some semen out of your body). Without going into esoteric practices, walking in nature, swimming, gentle stretching, laughter, and sex/masturbation are probably the easiest ways to get this energy moving.

For a more westernised perspective, this sounds very much like learned helplessness. To solve that you would need to focus on lowering serotonin, and raising dopamine, lots of nutritional and supplemental ideas from Peat on doing that.
Yeah, my whole being now is saturated with learned helplesness Will try to use most of the ideas on supplement and lifestyle. Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals