Anxiety Panic Without Fight Or Flight

Pants

I have a mood disorder problem. It feels like way way too much energy. I even slapped myself once because its just.... somethings overloaded in my head,thats what it feels like. So I end up shaking my hands up and down, to try and dissipate this energy. It's not painful, just way too much energy. Severely way too much energy. I can still do maths times tables in my head, I can still laugh at jokes from movies, but it doesn't fix the mood.

This mood happens if I need to vomit[eg strep throat, or food poisoning, or glandular fever a few years ago] or when I get digestive issues[loose stools, not weeing out your ****, just unformed premature stools]

If I have a subway, eat half of it, then later eat the rest, thats fine. But if this mood happens, and I walk in the kitchen and see the other subway half, its "too much energy" makes sick. of course, im already in the mood, its not a trigger, but just an example of something "normal" changing to "not normal" when this mood happens. Many other examples.

Normal fight or flight: Risking rejection or job interview, or a car nearly hitting you, I can feel adrenaline[?] in my blood, butterflies stomach and I get the "jelly legs" sometimes. If I go and talk to that stranger[risk rejection], then the fight or flight goes away and I become normal. Or, if its too much I can not talk to the stranger, "walk away" and within short time heartrate etc goes back to normal. See, I can "control" this situations.

Contrast this with my "agitation without fight or flight". I can't "walk away" from my body wanting to vomit, I can't walk away from digestive issues and I can't walk away from this energy. I also can't "face the fear" because there's nothing to face. I've had this for years, I know it wont kill me, there's no "fear" to face. So I can't control this. Is it possible to have this mood and have it not be based on the fight or flight response system? I can add more details if necessary.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just for clarification, you mostly get this agitated energy when you eat too much and/or eat a specific food?

It's most likely endotoxin increasing histamine, noradrenaline, adrenaline, cortisol, estrogen, nitric oxide and inflammation.

Do you get that feeling from all food or only specific foods?
Have you tried activated charcoal before?

Inaut

overstimulation of the vagus nerve leads to all sorts of issues. Mood/anxiety disorders may be a reflection of this. Have you read about this nerve and how to stimulate it/retrain it? Might be worth a read if not

OP
P

Pants

I've read a bit about the vagus nerve, but not much. From memory I wasn't sure it was something within my control. I have not tried activated charcoal before, I shall look it up.

I get this agitated energy when I eat or drink, it can be any food or drink. The possible exception might be plain water. However, its only some of the time. Sometimes I have the same food or drink, and no issues. It also can happen even when I only eat/drink a very small amount. Its a bit random.

To clarify, the vomiting and digestive issues happen separately ,they don't happen at the same time. But the too much energy agitation happens with both. I've only vomited a few times in the last few years. Two of them were during epstein barr/glandular fever, and the other two times I had vomiting were strep throat[or food poisoning? or intestinal flu?] as I had a sore throat both other times.

Last edited:

Razvan

overstimulation of the vagus nerve leads to all sorts of issues. Mood/anxiety disorders may be a reflection of this. Have you read about this nerve and how to stimulate it/retrain it? Might be worth a read if not
P uiP

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals