Anxiolytics

scarlettsmum

I too am sufferer of anxiety and have tried controlling it with food mostly. I tried cypro, theanine, daily carrot, charcoal, coping strategies, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but I have come to conclusion that these are all plasters albeit very helpful. If running on stress hormones means that thyroid is suppressed, the most natural thing to me seems to try supplementing thyroid first to really address the root cause. Obviously while eating well. At first I was afraid of supplementing thyroid and it seemed all so complicated and I think that's what puts lots of people off. However with Haidut's tyromix it seems much simpler now to understand rat dosing. I have ordered some for my rat and will start with the smallest once daily dose whilst watching temps/pulse/hunger/cravings. Although it requires a bit of effort rather than mindlessly popping pills it seems the most reasonable obvious thing to address first. Anyhow my rat is still waiting for her thyroid so I'm not speaking from experience but it is just a conclusion that I came to after resisting the idea for so long. Rat spent lots of time outside over the summer and experienced much improved sleep, digestion, forgot anxiety. Automn came, staying indoors, feeling cold and anxiety came back with a vengeance, so that made me reevaluate my fear regarding supplementing thyroid.

InChristAlone

I too am sufferer of anxiety and have tried controlling it with food mostly. I tried cypro, theanine, daily carrot, charcoal, coping strategies, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but I have come to conclusion that these are all plasters albeit very helpful. If running on stress hormones means that thyroid is suppressed, the most natural thing to me seems to try supplementing thyroid first to really address the root cause. Obviously while eating well. At first I was afraid of supplementing thyroid and it seemed all so complicated and I think that's what puts lots of people off. However with Haidut's tyromix it seems much simpler now to understand rat dosing. I have ordered some for my rat and will start with the smallest once daily dose whilst watching temps/pulse/hunger/cravings. Although it requires a bit of effort rather than mindlessly popping pills it seems the most reasonable obvious thing to address first. Anyhow my rat is still waiting for her thyroid so I'm not speaking from experience but it is just a conclusion that I came to after resisting the idea for so long. Rat spent lots of time outside over the summer and experienced much improved sleep, digestion, forgot anxiety. Automn came, staying indoors, feeling cold and anxiety came back with a vengeance, so that made me reevaluate my fear regarding supplementing thyroid.
Same here, winter is coming... anxiety is worse. Let us know how the thyroid goes!

Make sure to ask about propranolol. It works great in acute anxiety attacks, even to have on hand as a sort of "safety blanket". I know many people who've had success with it. I'd also consider it very "Peat friendly".

What milligrams are you taking propranolol and brand? How about atenolol is this good? Im having hard time to sleep long and center of chest feels fast pulse and inside head/ mind tremors

mattyb

What milligrams are you taking propranolol and brand? How about atenolol is this good? Im having hard time to sleep long and center of chest feels fast pulse and inside head/ mind tremors

Just 10mg, whenever needed, which at this point is never (thanks to cyproheptadine). It was the lowest dose I could get. Don't know the brand, pretty sure it is just a generic form of it (it costed me $3), simply says "propranolol" on the bottle.

Atenolol is not good, has very poor outcomes in hypertension studies, seems to increase the risk of morbidity and mortality in many subgroups. It's mechanism looks different than propranolol as well. On top of propranolol's antagonist actions on the adrenergic system, it also has antagonistic actions on serotonin, is a scavenger of lipid peroxides, is anti-arrhythmic, and has membrane stabilizing effects (akin to anesthetics). Propranolol is also being investigated for it's ability to improve outcomes in cancer patients. It's a much more holistic drug than atenolol, which should be avoided.

Just 10mg, whenever needed, which at this point is never (thanks to cyproheptadine). It was the lowest dose I could get. Don't know the brand, pretty sure it is just a generic form of it (it costed me $3), simply says "propranolol" on the bottle.

Atenolol is not good, has very poor outcomes in hypertension studies, seems to increase the risk of morbidity and mortality in many subgroups. It's mechanism looks different than propranolol as well. On top of propranolol's antagonist actions on the adrenergic system, it also has antagonistic actions on serotonin, is a scavenger of lipid peroxides, is anti-arrhythmic, and has membrane stabilizing effects (akin to anesthetics). Propranolol is also being investigated for it's ability to improve outcomes in cancer patients. It's a much more holistic drug than atenolol, which should be avoided.

Ok thank you for the info about atenolol. Will check that low dose propranolol. If im using a home digital blood pressure im around 110 over 65. I hope propranolol does not make it go lower. I just want to address the heart rate/adrenaline/anxiety/inside head tremors.

Will ask my cousin to bring next year cyproheptadine. Does cypro needs doctors prescription in america?

What can you say about benzodiazepine like diazepam and clonazepam? Is diazepam much safer and easy to taper because of long half life?

Syncopated

Cannabidiol or CBD. Vapourize either Charlotte's Web or Avidekel cannabis.

There has been little research as to the anxiolytic effects of CBD. This is because people can grow a plant for a few dollars and have ounces of the stuff to treat themselves.

GreekDemiGod

Microdosing alcohol has an incredible anxyolitic effect for me. It is an effective weapon to have at your disposal.

@waldenpond Do you find that your anxiety is triggered by external events / environment or is it something you generate internally.
Do you have childhood traumas / fears?

Everyone read this:Letting Go by David Hawkins
Letting Go technique will heal anxiety.