Riboflavin, A Testosterone 5 Alpha-reductase Inhibitor

thank you

anyone experimented with riboflavin? I think Ray has said that it becomes allergy inducing after awhile. I took fairly big doses, 30mg or so, but didn't notice any effects on my headaches (which are since almost gone anyway).

I put a little bit into my B complex shake, to balance out the other Bs. Maybe 5mg.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

thank you

anyone experimented with riboflavin? I think Ray has said that it becomes allergy inducing after awhile. I took fairly big doses, 30mg or so, but didn't notice any effects on my headaches (which are since almost gone anyway).

I put a little bit into my B complex shake, to balance out the other Bs. Maybe 5mg.

I got lingering headaches from it,could have been the additives in the supplement though.....

Peater

Could boron apparently causing a riboflavin deficiency in high doses be related?

Boron of course meant to have testosterone/libido increasing effects. (Can confirm, subjectively anyway)

GAF

250 mg experiment under way for 8 days. Shocking improvements. No negatives. Hardest hitting substance I have ever tried. 61 yr old male

TubZy

This was talked about before, according to haidut this study was in vitro and the 5ARi effect was not seen in vivo so it is irrelevant

GAF

I have scattered posts about my riboflavin experiment among several threads. I should have started a B2 thread but I am not skilled in proper forum procedures so I hesitate.

Anyway, I think if you do a search of my recent posts, you will gain more info.

One thing I can add to previous posts is that riboflavin at high doses has greatly increased the sensitivity of my ICBM in a good way.

GAF

r5p or the regular version ?

Regular. I bot some liquid B2 (Amazon) also to play around with local topical application. Putting that on my ICBM was a good idea. I also think it would be fun to smear it on my other head. Since the regular has been working, I haven't done the r5p.

I think I am an extreme case because of my life long collagen fiber defect that the B2 is repairing but my 84 yr old parents have really perked up too from 100mg.

accelerator

I have scattered posts about my riboflavin experiment among several threads. I should have started a B2 thread but I am not skilled in proper forum procedures so I hesitate.

Anyway, I think if you do a search of my recent posts, you will gain more info.

One thing I can add to previous posts is that riboflavin at high doses has greatly increased the sensitivity of my ICBM in a good way.

What is ICBM?

GAF

InterContinental Ballistic Missile

aka, your primary weapon of actual insemination

japanesedude

B2 I love you!

quoted from other forum.

There's a study on herbs given for supposed 5-AR inhibition, where none of the herbs come close to B2's inhibition:
http://www.jams-kpi.com/article/S2005-2901(10)60021-0/fulltext#Discussion
As shown in our data, although emodin showed considerably less potent inhibitory activity than riboflavin, the inhibitory activity of the compound was more potent than that of alizarin, a naturally occurring 5α-reductase inhibitor with an anthraquinone backbone

Compound IC50 (μM)
Emodin 40
Anthraquinone >1000
Alizarin 330
Riboflavin 1.6
This is the PDF linked in wikipedia:
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/antibiotics1968/43/12/43_12_1615/_pdf

Here's a more recent (2010) pharmalogical comparison including finasteride (propecia), investigating "abietic acid", which still doesn't quite reach B2:
http://jhs.pharm.or.jp/data/56(4)/56_451.pdf

Compound IC 50 (μM)
Abietic acid 56±22
Methyl abietate > 1000
Pimaric acid 750±120
Neoabietic acid 120 ± 50
Riboflavin 15 ± 13
Finasteride 0.06

baccheion

250 mg experiment under way for 8 days. Shocking improvements. No negatives. Hardest hitting substance I have ever tried. 61 yr old male
You'll probably like iodine protocol.

Riboflavin is also involved in the metabolism of TMAU, a choline/L-carnitine metabolite that causes fishy odor, and recycling glutathione.

GAF

I've tried iodine protocols off and on for years and nothing but nothing.

After 15 months of high dose B2 daily, I smell like fresh sunshine not dead fish.

My GF confirms this. Every time I try to cut back on B2, I regret it and am glad when i crank it back up.

baccheion

I've tried iodine protocols off and on for years and nothing but nothing.

After 15 months of high dose B2 daily, I smell like fresh sunshine not dead fish.

My GF confirms this. Every time I try to cut back on B2, I regret it and am glad when i crank it back up.
Can you state exactly what you took when you tried iodine protocol? Sometimes it doesn't work due to serum vitamin D being less than 50 ng/mL or missing companion nutrients.

I believe in a recent KMUD interview, Dr. Peat mentions riboflavin as having a profound almost instant effect on men with very ruddy faces, or rosacea. But it doesn't last. He said the diet can be rebuilt around steadily increasing dosages of B2 and that over time that fixes the problem permanently.

This in response to a guy (probably someone here, someone very smart) who asked why men often have very red faces. Something I noticed too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals