Vitamin A Increases DHT By Enhancing 5-alpha Reductase

invictus

I've begun applying a capsule of retinyl palmitate (15,000 IU) to my scrotum. I'm 69 and have been on rx testosterone shots for two years and it yet hasn't restored erectile function. Also gained 10 more pounds which has been resistant to dietary changes. Libido is up with topical vitamin A, but many things will increase my desire without corresponding erectile function. Anyway, just another experiment. Also, because of worsening food sensitivities and pollen allergies, I'm taking 75,000 IU of retinyl palmitate, 2X daily, morning and evening. It does calm me down, which I believe is due to reduction in systemic inflammation.

ddjd

has anyone tried taking vitamin A alongside DHT? it seems to really potentiate the effects of DHT in my experience

I've begun applying a capsule of retinyl palmitate (15,000 IU) to my scrotum. I'm 69 and have been on rx testosterone shots for two years and it yet hasn't restored erectile function. Also gained 10 more pounds which has been resistant to dietary changes. Libido is up with topical vitamin A, but many things will increase my desire without corresponding erectile function. Anyway, just another experiment. Also, because of worsening food sensitivities and pollen allergies, I'm taking 75,000 IU of retinyl palmitate, 2X daily, morning and evening. It does calm me down, which I believe is due to reduction in systemic inflammation.

I would advise to use it only oral, not on the scrotum; these are large Doses, how long do you want to take it?