1. 5% Discount At HealthNatura.com!
    Click Here For More Information
    Dismiss Notice

Maximise Your Free Testosterone Levels

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by matisvijs, Dec 29, 2016.

1. skycop00

skycop00 Member

Functional Medicine
    I would not call Total T "Worthless". The data is valuable in assessing the axis performance. SHBG can correlate the BINDING of T. This gives us more information on how we address the axis to FREE UP more T if the production is NORMAL...

2. Syncopated

Syncopated Member

wood worker
    Sorry, the test for total T is meaningless.

3. Syncopated

Syncopated Member

wood worker
    How to lower SHBG if that is what was making 70% of my T unavailable?

I should go see my Dr. and get a copy of my Testosterone test.

4. skycop00

skycop00 Member

Functional Medicine
    23 Ways to Lower SHBG without Negative Health Effects I use Nettle. Worked like a charm. I only take mine 2x per week. I can go off for about 2 months before it starts to rise.

5. Syncopated

Syncopated Member

wood worker
    Nettle root? Stinging nettle? Dried herb? More details please as nettle sounds cheap.

6. skycop00

skycop00 Member

Functional Medicine
  7. Lyall

Lyall New Member

Hi all

I've been thinking on all of this and was hoping someone could assist with getting coherence to my thoughts.

Low ffa in the serum leads to superior thyroid signaling correct? Due to less crowding via pufa and transport into the cell.

Would this hold true for androgens as well? What about estrogen? Substances like aspirin and niacinamide achieving this.

Regarding hyperthyroidism, somewhere else on the forum it was posted that it causes elevated androgens and quicker clearance of cortisol. Anecdotally in the real world hyperthyroid people never have increased muscle mass and have a depleted phenotype. Could it also lead to reduced androgen signaling?

Hyperthyroidism also increases SHBG and according to the Peat view this would be good as it would mean great androgen transport to tissues, is the increased transport and delivery in this view not a mechanism to decrease the tissue wasting of hyperthyroidism?

Any thought would be appreciated.

8. sprinter

sprinter Member

How do you know this to be a fact for all people?

What if your routine is full of beautiful, healthy, harmonious things?

9. Syncopated

Syncopated Member

wood worker
    No, free fatty acids(ffa) is too general. If you keep your PUFA intake low then free fatty acids circulating will not be PUFA. The body chooses to burn PUFA first but the Peat diet is so low in PUFA that they are depleted. I personally fast for days or weeks and have noticed a very quick detoxification of PUFA in my clothing and pillow. Especially the pillow which can smell like rancid paint and it doesn't wash out. I once did a 24 day water fast in 2001 after eating lots of PUFA from Udo's oil. My pillow was completely saturated with PUFA and smelled like a paint can.

I suggest you read the following link concerning your hormone question :

Ray Peat, PhD on Thyroid, Temperature, Pulse, and TSH – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Hyperthyroidism in the real world is very rare. Peat has written much on this misconception and has stated that hyperthyroidism is usually or most always hypothyroidism. The tissue wasting of hypothyroidism is misdiagnosed/mislabelled hyperthyroidism. It is the high cortisol and high adrenaline levels found in hypothyroidism that can deplete tissue stores. No, phenotype(genes) is just another reason given to mistreat hypothyroidism with vain medical protocol's.

10. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

absolutely!

11. Lyall

Lyall New Member

Thank you for the link, some great information and food for thought.

Regarding FFA I meant to say unsaturated FFA, although I imagine saturated will still suppress thyroid transport albeit to a lesser extent. Would this be correct?

Going back SHBG, earlier Peat says that it deactivates estrogen and is inhibited by pufa, implying that the estrogen moves in an unbound state into the cells, free estrogen? If ffa are low then it can remove estrogen more effectively. Now does it have a different role with androgens or is performing the same function removing it, tangentially where? To the liver?