Vitamin E (tocopherol) Is A Potent Aromatase Inhibitor

BingDing

Thanks Haidut. I've been using 15mg/d of K2 for several months and use a large dose of E every couple weeks. As far as I can tell it's working out OK.

MIP1950

Searching, too, for soy free vitamin E and found bulk unrefined rice bran oil for [email protected] . $25 for a gallon and $5 for a pump to attach to the container. Vitamin E content is 200IU per pound(since this is for feeding a horse). Two month shelf life but presuming it can be refrigerated. I'm thinking of buying it unless I can find unrefined rice bran oil in a small bottle or in capsules, without preservatives.

XPlus

MIP1950 said:
Searching, too, for soy free vitamin E and found bulk unrefined rice bran oil for [email protected] . $25 for a gallon and $5 for a pump to attach to the container. Vitamin E content is 200IU per pound(since this is for feeding a horse). Two month shelf life but presuming it can be refrigerated. I'm thinking of buying it unless I can find unrefined rice bran oil in a small bottle or in capsules, without preservatives.
Can you filtre out the vitamin E?

GAF

1000 Vitamin E soft gel greatly increases semen volume. Why is that? Could that be part of its estrogen or PUFA inactivation/elimination qualities?

MIP1950

XPlus, doubt if you can filter out the vitamin E since it's an inherent part of the lipid and nutritional composition of the oil. I guess in a laboratory setting you could remove the vitamin E but since it's derived from the oil I don't know if it's possible. Not a chemist, so I'm just winging my opinion.

XPlus

Whats are your plans for the oil.

docall18

When ever I take anything that increases testosterone I eventually end up with high estrogen. Dhea, pregnenolone and most recently P5P B6 all resulted in high estrogen.

I use all the Peat recommended anti-e's, such as Vit E & A & K, aspirin, caffeine, carrot, progesterone, NDT etc. I have also been eating to his guidelines. However I find these make no noticeable difference to estrogen.

The only thing that really lowers estrogen for me is arimidex, zinc and Bioavailable DIM. These however need to be taken at increasingly higher doses.

For some reason when i get my free test levels optimal for libido, mood etc, i start pumping out estrogen..

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
docall18 said:
When ever I take anything that increases testosterone I eventually end up with high estrogen. Dhea, pregnenolone and most recently P5P B6 all resulted in high estrogen.

I use all the Peat recommended anti-e's, such as Vit E & A & K, aspirin, caffeine, carrot, progesterone, NDT etc. I have also been eating to his guidelines. However I find these make no noticeable difference to estrogen.

The only thing that really lowers estrogen for me is arimidex, zinc and Bioavailable DIM. These however need to be taken at increasingly higher doses.

For some reason when i get my free test levels optimal for libido, mood etc, i start pumping out estrogen..

Anything that increases testosterone will end up increasing estrogen as well. Testosterone aromatizes into estorgen even easier than DHEA, so to me all the attempt to raise T are sort of misguided. Even Peat said that to him testosterone is as dangerous as estrogen. Any substantial amount of stress, acute or chronic, will cause increased aromatization. So, having high testosterone goes hand in hand with having high estrogen. If that was not the case, bodybuilders around the world would not be paying thousands to keep testosterone high and estrogen low at the same time. Look at the testosterone supplement fiasco with things like Androgel and others. They are battling class-action lawsuits that TRT increases heart attacks, strokes, etc. That's due to the almost immediate aromatization of testosterone in older males.
IMHO, the only hormones worth raising exogenously are progesterone and DHT. DHT will not convert into estrogen, and progesterone will keep estrogen in check even if it is high due to things like extra fat or hypothyroidism. DHT is behind all the benefits of whatever limited benefits TRT has. DHT will also reduce estrogen on its own. Progesterone can also raise T and DHT since it is pro-hormone for these as well. I posted studies showing human dose of 600mg progesterone boost both T and DHT in rats by several fold. All the talk about progesterone inhibiting 5-AR and somehow causing impotence is a major BS unless you are taking grams per day. Progesterone converts massively into another neurosteroid called allopregnanolone and the conversion is done through the enzyme 5-AR. So, if progesterone was inhibiting 5-AR it would not metabolize in a such a way. The anti-androgenic effects of progesterone are from progesterone itself and ONLY if taken in massive doses (1g+ daily). One of the best and safest methods of raising T and DHT and keeping T from converting into estrogen is taking an oral progesterone like Prometrium (100mg or 200mg capsules). Or you can use my supplement Pansterone - applied topically it will raise progesterone and DHT but will NOT raise estrogen. In addition, it may help with metabolism as I mentioned in several posts. Both pregnenolone and DHEA boost the thyroid output and oxidative metabolism (especially in the brain).
Just my 2c.

docall18

Yes, it seems like the body has a tightly regulated testosterone set-point. I was not trying to increase testosterone, but to increase low preg and dhea and reduce prolactin. However my total testosterone has always been high, so pushing it any bit higher increases E2.

I currently take 2-3mg of TD progesterone per day and have VERY positive results from it. Higher doses (3+ mg/day) cause me testicular shrinkage, weight gain and depression. Ray Peat recommends males to be wary of it, due to its anti-androgen effects.

Creatine supposedly increases DHT. I do this as a gym supp. I have previously tried supplementing DHT short-term to gauge its effect, I didnt experience much of a libido increase. However I do agree with your point that it is just as important as testosterone.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
docall18 said:
Yes, it seems like the body has a tightly regulated testosterone set-point. I was not trying to increase testosterone, but to increase low preg and dhea and reduce prolactin. However my total testosterone has always been high, so pushing it any bit higher increases E2.

I currently take 2-3mg of TD progesterone per day and have VERY positive results from it. Higher doses (3+ mg/day) cause me testicular shrinkage, weight gain and depression. Ray Peat recommends males to be wary of it, due to its anti-androgen effects.

Creatine supposedly increases DHT. I do this as a gym supp. I have previously tried supplementing DHT short-term to gauge its effect, I didnt experience much of a libido increase. However I do agree with your point that it is just as important as testosterone.

Topical DHEA is the best way to raise DHT without causing any sort of feedback issues. I would venture a guess that topical DHEA is better even than topical DHT for overall health b'c DHEA metabolizes into a few other steroids that have better effects on brain than DHT. Androsterone is one of them. Also, DHEA stimulates progesterone production so using DHEA (in small doses) will also give you the progesterone you need to balance the androgens. Getting DHT directly will not affect progesterone.

DankMemes

I've been using Lotioncrafted 95% tocopherals lately and every single time I take a large dose (tsp or so, I don't think you can really overdose) I get amazing euphoria, clear head, stomach bloating disappears and I just want to dance and laugh.

Vitamin E is probably the only vitamin/mineral I don't get a lot of from food sources, mostly because vitamin e and pufa usually go hand in hand.

For me, progesterone has a few negative drawbacks and doesn't provide the same euphoria/energetic feeling that vitamin E does, I wonder if this has to do with 5ar.

I'm getting a shipment of Whole E from Healthnatura, so I'll post a review here and see if it provides the same effects.

YuraCZ

haidut said:
post 37386
jyb said:
haidut said:
Vitamin E can be applied externally to skin. I know women who removed stretch marks and C-section scars with vitamin E dissolved in olive oil. Ray recommends it taken that way too. For water retention, magnesium and sodium are best. So, I'd recommend you search the forum for my post on how to make magnesium bicarbonate water and drop some Alka-Seltzer in it, or add salt. It is great for removing excess water. The vitamin E can do it too but it would take about a week taken orally to get you that effect.

Do you get your vit E topically for general purposes (estrogen), or just for local skin healing purposes? For vitamins it seems like only a small % topical gets absorbed.

[highlight=yellow]I only used it topically for about a month to fix the varicose vein.[/highlight] Afterwards I started taking it orally. If you mix vitamin E with olive oil it will absorb very well through the skin. It absorbs poorly only when you apply it without oil.
It seems impossible. Any photos before and after?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHound

what's the best way to take vitamin e orally? just pour a bit on a teaspoon and swallow it after a fatty meal? also where is the best place to store it? fridge?

TheHound

TheHound said:
post 118966 what's the best way to take vitamin e orally? just pour a bit on a teaspoon and swallow it after a fatty meal? also where is the best place to store it? fridge?

bump

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
TheHound said:
post 119313
TheHound said:
post 118966 what's the best way to take vitamin e orally? just pour a bit on a teaspoon and swallow it after a fatty meal? also where is the best place to store it? fridge?

bump

I think Ray said in one of his newsletters/articles to mix with some olive oil and keep under the tongue for a bit before swallowing.

Philomath

haidut said:
post 37386
jyb said:
haidut said:
Vitamin E can be applied externally to skin. I know women who removed stretch marks and C-section scars with vitamin E dissolved in olive oil. Ray recommends it taken that way too. For water retention, magnesium and sodium are best. So, I'd recommend you search the forum for my post on how to make magnesium bicarbonate water and drop some Alka-Seltzer in it, or add salt. It is great for removing excess water. The vitamin E can do it too but it would take about a week taken orally to get you that effect.

Do you get your vit E topically for general purposes (estrogen), or just for local skin healing purposes? For vitamins it seems like only a small % topical gets absorbed.

I only used it topically for about a month to fix the varicose vein. Afterwards I started taking it orally. If you mix vitamin E with olive oil it will absorb very well through the skin. It absorbs poorly only when you apply it without oil.

Does it have to be olive oil or can it be a
MCT or coconut oil? Can you add it to a lotion?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Philomath said:
post 119359
haidut said:
post 37386
jyb said:
haidut said:

I only used it topically for about a month to fix the varicose vein. Afterwards I started taking it orally. If you mix vitamin E with olive oil it will absorb very well through the skin. It absorbs poorly only when you apply it without oil.

Does it have to be olive oil or can it be a
MCT or coconut oil? Can you add it to a lotion?

Yes, any oil would do but in colder and even room temperatures the mix may solidify if you use coconut oil. Probably not an issue for most people but some people need liquid form.

honeybee

I have been using the Healthnatura vit e in palm oil for about a week transdermally. This stuff is really potent. The first day I used a whole dropper and had "euphoria" and major giggles with just a really good mood. My husband thought I was a little loony. Promotes good sleep and relaxation also. I've since started using half a dropper in the am and pm. I have a hx of very high estrogen dominance and this seems to be helping more than anything else (except the carrot salad-that works also).
Previously used unique e in the little pump bottle. Never felt much or anything close to the healthnatura stuff. .

futop123

honeybee,

Isn't the Healthnatura Palm Oil Vitamin E marketed for its tocotrienol content(which I believe is high)? I thought I read somewhere on the forum that tocotrienols were to be avoided according to RP and the tocopherols is what we want.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals